What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Ronnie Bradford to USC from LaTech.
Looks like another CU alum moving up the coaching ranks.
Would be nice to see him on the CU staff in the future.

Wow! A week before signing day!

Timing begs the question, was something happening in the background that might have caused him to lose the HC job anyways. Recruiting violations, some kind of player conduct issues.

School says resign or face the publicity.

Will be interesting to see if something comes out in the near future.

Timing begs the question, was something happening in the background that might have caused him to lose the HC job anyways. Recruiting violations, some kind of player conduct issues.

School says resign or face the publicity.

Will be interesting to see if something comes out in the near future.

Or it could have just been about money and a promotion.

Missouri's new DL coach Chris Wilson - who came over fron USC - jumped ship after three weeks to join Pederson in Philly. They mad.

They will continue to get the short end until Barry Alvarez decides paying assistant coaches matters.

I get the impression that a bigger problem at Wiscy is that Alvarez won't let his coaches be the coaches. He is no longer the HC of the football program but insist on making decisions that should be made by the HC and his staff.

I get the impression that a bigger problem at Wiscy is that Alvarez won't let his coaches be the coaches. He is no longer the HC of the football program but insist on making decisions that should be made by the HC and his staff.
From everything I've heard, this is what the major issue is. Haven't heard about the assistant coach salary issue, but wouldn't surprise me. Alvaraz seems a little crazy to me.

From everything I've heard, this is what the major issue is. Haven't heard about the assistant coach salary issue, but wouldn't surprise me. Alvaraz seems a little crazy to me.

Alvarez definitely meddles, but Bielema and Andersen both had issues with staff compensation and now they lost a great DC due to pay as well.

Alvarez definitely meddles, but Bielema and Andersen both had issues with staff compensation and now they lost a great DC due to pay as well.
It seems that Wisconsin faces some of the same obstacles as CU in terms of sustained football success; staff compensation/job security, small in-state talent pool, etc. Although, Wisconsin has been able to remain competitive in recent years despite the turnover.

Back