What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Probably nothing but there are some interesting rumors about Lane Kiffen at Alabama.

Some rumors that Saban is looking at retiring soon at Bama. With the level of expectations they have there and the level of scrutiny they are under the train wreck that is Lane Kiffen would be hillarious.

With the way that Bama has acted like they have a divine right to winning and championships over recent years it's hard to see them getting much sympathy when they tumble.

Some rumors that Saban is looking at retiring soon at Bama. With the level of expectations they have there and the level of scrutiny they are under the train wreck that is Lane Kiffen would be hillarious.

I didn't see where he was close to retiring but I could definitely see him wanting to move on from what he has built there. Honestly thought he should have left for Texas before last year.

I didn't see where he was close to retiring but I could definitely see him wanting to move on from what he has built there. Honestly thought he should have left for Texas before last year.
I agree. He's better when he moves around a bit. Although I'm glad he didn't got to Texas and turn them into a powerhouse. Their dysfunction is fun.

Only thing Saban has left to prove is that he can coach at the NFL level. Colts, Giants, Eagles, Lions may be looking for new coaches in the near future.

Rumors that Kiffin is out because he either slept with Saban's daughter or got into a physical fight with Saban. Hopefully both are true.

Rumors that Kiffin is out because he either slept with Saban's daughter or got into a physical fight with Saban. Hopefully both are true.
Work hard, play hard? Seriously, if any of this is true, my opinion of Kiffin just got lower...and I had been convinced that was not possible.

EDIT: Wow just popped over to the AL boards...much chatter about Lane fishing off the company pier and throwing down with Saban's daughter (who was just married 5/31/15) and then doubling down with a boosters wife. Oh my.

Last edited:
Work hard, play hard? Seriously, if any of this is true, my opinion of Kiffin just got lower...and I had been convinced that was not possible.

EDIT: Wow just popped over to the AL boards...much chatter about Lane fishing off the company pier and throwing down with Saban's daughter (who was just married 5/31/15) and then doubling down with a boosters wife. Oh my.

If this is true, Wow.

Might be signs of another disfunctional coaches family as well. Daughter doing that with daddy's OC after getting married looks almost like someone crying for attention.

Different situation completely but this kind of stuff with the daughter was a big part of Coach McCartney deciding to step away and re-focus himself on being a husband and father.

Meanwhile Lane goes from being a HC at Tennessee and USC as well as the Raiders to being a guy who is going to have to scramble for a coordinators job.

If this is true, Wow.

Might be signs of another disfunctional coaches family as well. Daughter doing that with daddy's OC after getting married looks almost like someone crying for attention.

Different situation completely but this kind of stuff with the daughter was a big part of Coach McCartney deciding to step away and re-focus himself on being a husband and father.

Meanwhile Lane goes from being a HC at Tennessee and USC as well as the Raiders to being a guy who is going to have to scramble for a coordinators job.
Don't forget Saban's daughter had that glorious run in with a sorority sister...http://totalfratmove.com/tfm-news-breaks-down-the-kristen-saban-assault-case-line-by-line/

Wonder if it's the same daughter that got in trouble for assault a few years ago? What a gem.

Edit: fatty beat me to it

Can't wait to see pictures of Kiffin's wife at the tailgate for some DIII school in the middle nowhere that Lane is the OC for.

Back