What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Oregon staff currently at over $5 million without the 10th assistant being hired yet. That is absolutely crazy. Obviously having Cristobal at a lower number helps but that is crazy and puts them in the top 5 or 10 in the country.

Oregon staff currently at over $5 million without the 10th assistant being hired yet. That is absolutely crazy. Obviously having Cristobal at a lower number helps but that is crazy and puts them in the top 5 or 10 in the country.
They're desperate. Phil is getting old and wants to see a national title before he dies. He put a lot into this. They've slipped in the North and are now going against what had been so instrumental in their success and their program DNA, which was always to maintain continuity with assistants for a long time. Now it's turned into throwing around money to make name hires to cobble together. Hard to make that work when the HC isn't a Saban type and there's no doubt who is boss. What I saw in the bowl game with Leavitt involving himself in QB coaching on the sideline tells me that Cristobal doesn't have that sort of gravitas with his staff.

Schiano to the Patriots as DC. Grinch will become the DC for tOSU but they have to essentially hire a 10th assistant now.
Makes a lot more sense that Grinch took the tOSU job now. Must have been in the works but nothing with Schiano to the Pats could be announced until teams could actually talk about the Pats' DC taking the HC job with the Lions and the dominos from that.

Still early but Mullen looks like a home run for Florida.
I was shocked when he didn't jump from Miss State when Dak graduated. I thought that losing a QB like that at a place like MSU was going to be a career killer to stay there. But when they didn't tank the next 2 years I knew he was a hell of a coach. Really good coaches seem to want to work for him, too. He's had guys like Geoff Collins and Manny Diaz on his staffs, among others.

Told my gf during the game yesterday that florida will be in the Playoff in the next 3 years

2011 and 2017 Alabama didn’t win their division either.
True. To suggest something is going on at Florida that resembles Bama is just not true.

I like Mullen a lot. Did a great job.

When he thumps UGA a time or two, i’ll take note.

True. To suggest something is going on at Florida that resembles Bama is just not true.

I like Mullen a lot. Did a great job.

When he thumps UGA a time or two, i’ll take note.

Auburn has beaten Bama and won the division twice under Malzahn, but Florida has no shot against Georgia? Sure thing.

Are we living in the past here? Why the 2017 thread?

GDfx.gif

Back