What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

Fun game- 45 all and going to OT. Memphis scored a tying TD with ~45 seconds left. (Would respect a coach who went for 2 after scoring then, but oh well.)

Memphis wins 55 - 48 on a pick in the 2nd OT. BYU punk players started a brawl after the game.

Be interesting to see who/ how many may be kicked out of their schools over this.

It was as the announcers said "chippy" all game, with a taunting penalty or two, etc.. Then, after the game, announcer's say Memphis went over towards the BYU bench (not that that justifies fighting on EITHER side).

Assume players on the teams have never come close to playing each other- interesting there was so much emotion, seemingly from the opening kickoff.

[video=youtube;JY8D0xxizw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY8D0xxizw4&list=UU6YthmuxcY_dxu6con5K4QA[/video]

#70 went to Ponderosa - down in Parker. 3rd Generation Fightin Mormon. Real solid kid. Looks like he was laying into his teammate for that cheap shot.

Yeah that got ugly after it was over. I hope these guys realize all those cheap shots and group attacks would cost them severely in the world off the field. So hopefully they get those suspensions and realize how lucky they are and that it happened in a game environment. I might be wrong but no college or pro athlete has faced major charges for field of play antics in the US.

Wow. So glad CU is not involved in something like that. Would be completely embarrassing as an alumni.

Be interesting to see who/ how many may be kicked out of their schools over this.

If I had my way that punk-ass #12 for BYU would never set foot on a CFB field again. Cold cocks a Memphis guy from behind while the guy's coach is restraining him.

Yeah that got ugly after it was over. I hope these guys realize all those cheap shots and group attacks would cost them severely in the world off the field. So hopefully they get those suspensions and realize how lucky they are and that it happened in a game environment. I might be wrong but no college or pro athlete has faced major charges for field of play antics in the US.

I don't think either actually served time but both plead guilty to assault

[video=youtube;zHwUNftlO1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHwUNftlO1A[/video]

[video=youtube;Fz9RE9RGrVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9RE9RGrVY[/video]

If I had my way that punk-ass #12 for BYU would never set foot on a CFB field again. Cold cocks a Memphis guy from behind while the guy's coach is restraining him.

Yeah- It will be interesting to see how they treat that (and any other thing that comes out for any of the other players once the video is analyzed) vs. their bball player who got suspended for the year for pre-marital sex.

We used to play BYU in rugby all the time and they were by far the dirtiest team that we played. Good ol' Mormon boys have some deep seated aggression I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to play BYU in rugby all the time and they were by far the dirtiest team that we played. Good ol' Mormon boys have some deep seated aggression I guess.

Back in the old WAC days the entire league was known for marginal late hits, cheap shots, etc.. Still see a lot of that in the MWC. Take BYU out of the league but the culture hasn't changed much.

Interesting that San Diego State normally doesn't draw flies for their home games, the Chargers don't have great attendance either. Doesn't seem like a football oriented city.

Then they manage to host two bowl games that normally outdraw the level of the teams involved. They added the Poinsiettia Bowl a few years ago with a low end MWC team vs. who ever they can get and it draws pretty well and usually turns out to be a decent game. This year they hit the jackpot because they have SDSU with all their normal home fans plus some and Navy which travels well anywhere but especially in a place with a huge Navy and Marine presence.

Later they will have the Holiday Bowl which always seems to draw a big crowd for a second level bowl and also is often one of the more entertaining bowls.

Of course part of it might be that generally speaking the weather in San Diego this time of year is going to be much nicer than almost any place the participating teams are coming from and San Diego is a great city to visit for much more than just a bowl game.

Love San Diego. Would consider living there if I didn't live in Boulder. 1/2 places to live in the US.

Back