What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

I wonder how many of them after all that has happened wish they had given him a bit more time.

My guess is that, given the relative intelligence of the great majority of them (and I use the bolded term advisedly), they still think they should be competing for the NC every year ... despite the fact that they haven't won so much as a conference championship since 1999 under who? *ding* *ding* *ding* you guessed it ... Frank Solich.

But of course they also hold Frank personally responsible for the "Beatdown in Boulder" (my term, copyright) in 2001 which, by their own admission, was the beginning of the end for kNU's aspirations for national relevance. Thus, while any rational fan base would recognize the utter nonsense in excoriating a head coach who IIRC never won fewer than 9 games in a season ... oh right ... we're talking about Fusker fans.

/never mind

My take is a little different.

Nebraska and Colorado both had fallen from national relevance to irrelevance. CU pounded them to shame in 2001 for sure. But those 9 wins seasons just were not that impressive given how weak the Big12 was at the time. The north was awful and the south still had patsies (OKie State, Baylor, Texas Tech for example). Neither NU or CU were the powers they had been.

9 win seasons with NU schedules wasn't impressive, given where they had been.

My take is a little different.

****braska and Colorado both had fallen from national relevance to irrelevance. CU pounded them to shame in 2001 for sure. But those 9 wins seasons just were not that impressive given how weak the Big12 was at the time. The north was awful and the south still had patsies (OKie State, Baylor, Texas Tech for example). Neither NU or CU were the powers they had been.

9 win seasons with NU schedules wasn't impressive, given where they had been.

Sure, but pretty impressive given where they are now.

Sure, but pretty impressive given where they are now.

Really? I'd say they are the same now. Pelini had them winning 9 games. They certainly had an off year with a totally new staff and new system, but he's got to get a QB who fits that system. I have no doubt Riley will get them to that level of mediocrity quickly. I have serious doubts they can get past that level in this day and age. They no longer can bring in 150 kids, or take advantage of "advanced nutrition".

Going for fourth down at midfield with 7 min left in game? Attempting a 54 yard field goal after your field goal kicker just missed an easy one? Is Dan Hawkins coaching USF?

Poinsettia Bowl is just awful
BSU 31 NIU 7 HALF
Looks like about 15K fans in San Diego.

Cornhusker dweebs walking around town with their red on. They do know they have a losing record, right?

Boise had by their standards a bad season. Maybe taking in out on a team that can't match their talent.

Cornhusker dweebs walking around town with their red on. They do know they have a losing record, right?
I still wear Buffs gear all of the time. But I'd like to think it doesn't scream "hick".

Make sure you send them all down to the wharf...

Back