What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

I'd like to hear Dabo on this. if true, it goes against all conventional thought on "one game at a time" and "don't overlook the seemingly inferior opponent we play this week"
Teams do this all the time at the high school and college level, where the talent discrepancies can be huge. It’s a little risky, but if you’re goal is to BEAT Alabama (and not just be happy to be there) and you think the only way is to spend extra time prepping, then it makes sense. Bama had a tougher matchup in the semis, unfortunately, so I highly doubt they were able to do the same thing.

I'd like to hear Dabo on this. if true, it goes against all conventional thought on "one game at a time" and "don't overlook the seemingly inferior opponent we play this week"
Could also have been just the coaching staff prepping for Alabama that much while keeping the players focused on Notre Dame. Then it wouldn't really take away from the one game at a time as far as the players were concerned.

Could also have been just the coaching staff prepping for Alabama that much while keeping the players focused on Notre Dame. Then it wouldn't really take away from the one game at a time as far as the players were concerned.

It is also very possible that they spent some practice time on certain plays or concepts without telling the players that the work was more oriented towards Bama' than ND.

Teams do this all the time at the high school and college level, where the talent discrepancies can be huge. It’s a little risky, but if you’re goal is to BEAT Alabama (and not just be happy to be there) and you think the only way is to spend extra time prepping, then it makes sense. Bama had a tougher matchup in the semis, unfortunately, so I highly doubt they were able to do the same thing.

Bama had coaches and/or quality control guys scouting Clemson and ND exclusively, no doubt about it.

Bama had coaches and/or quality control guys scouting Clemson and ND exclusively, no doubt about it.
For sure. I took the Clemson tweet as saying they actually practiced for Bama mostly, though. While Bama had coaches and QC guys scouting Clemson and ND, I doubt they actually practiced for those two like Clemson did for Bama

Back