What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Season Thread

I actually had the thought: "did IU let them score?"
I did as well for a moment but they were far enough out and with enough time that you don't take the chance. Especially since neither team has been dynamic on offense this game.

Was imagining things or did I see a few empty seats at the Rose Bowl yesterday? Never seen that before.

Could be. I went to several tailgates before the game and it seemed like a thinner crowd then usual. Especially less duck fans.

"They would have won if they didn't play so poorly. So they're clearly the better team." You don't see how that take is completely illogical?
His point, amply-proven, was they didn't "play so poorly" !

Making three errors/mistakes which changed possession and greatly changed field position to the advantage of an otherwise unprepared UO team, which won by a measly point! If the Ducks had those TO's (or even a couple more) occur deep in their own half of the field; they wouldn't have meant **** the way the Duck "O" was playing, when forced to drive!

His point, amply-proven, was they didn't "play so poorly" !

Making three errors/mistakes which changed possession and greatly changed field position to the advantage of an otherwise unprepared UO team, which won by a measly point! If the Ducks had those TO's (or even a couple more) occur deep in their own half of the field; they wouldn't have meant **** the way the Duck "O" was playing, when forced to drive!
giphy.gif

Sorry but this is dumb. Cancel school because of a college football game? For 2 entire days?
They cancel classes for a few inches of snow in Boulder. I’d hope CU would do the same thing. Besides, they know students are going to travel the 90 miles to the game on Monday so why make some of them feel obligated to get back that night or early Tuesday morning for class? Makes too much sense

They cancel classes for a few inches of snow in Boulder. I’d hope CU would do the same thing. Besides, they know students are going to travel the 90 miles to the game on Monday so why make some of them feel obligated to get back that night or early Tuesday morning for class? Makes too much sense

I didn’t take into account people attending the game so in that context it makes sense. I still find it ridiculous they’re shutting down a state run college campus for 2 days because their football team has a game to play. It is what it is, just my opinion.

I didn’t take into account people attending the game so in that context it makes sense. I still find it ridiculous they’re shutting down a state run college campus for 2 days because their football team has a game to play. It is what it is, just my opinion.
Even more to your point, we're talking about an exhibition game here -- one which is not recognized by the governing body of the sport (or, I believe, by the SEC).

Funny, I don't remember having attendance taken in classes when I was in college... maybe labs, but certainly don't remember during lectures. Of course this wasn't a factor when I went to school as the Bowl games were played between semesters.

Yeah, priorities may be skewed, but we are a society that cares a lot about being entertained. How many of you subscribe to message boards that primarily revolve around CU academics?

Interesting how different schools address the big event though. Clemson appears to treat this as an expectation versus a special occasion.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_379293d0-31be-11ea-8206-37d965a6481e.html

I can see one of the days, OK....but 2 seems a bit much. yup, gonna be boozing like we do....is maybe rare honesty? admirable self-knowledge in the Bayou.....OK, couldn't do it with a straight face. though, part of the reasoning (i doubt) may be since classes are (and i don't know this) MWF and T-TH, then neither set of days gets asymmetrical on the schedule.

Off topic but germane to our community i guess, the weirdest most dumb thing ever was a few years ago when CU canceled a day of finals and the final exams themselves because of snow. How can a USA today top 100 National University in the state of Colorado not have a contingency plan for snow during finals in DECEMBER?

that just blew my mind. and i worked there for almost 10 years....

back to regularly scheduled programming.....tigah bait!

Last edited:
Funny, I don't remember having attendance taken in classes when I was in college... maybe labs, but certainly don't remember during lectures. Of course this wasn't a factor when I went to school as the Bowl games were played between semesters.

Yeah, priorities may be skewed, but we are a society that cares a lot about being entertained. How many of you subscribe to message boards that primarily revolve around CU academics?

Interesting how different schools address the big event though. Clemson appears to treat this as an expectation versus a special occasion.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_379293d0-31be-11ea-8206-37d965a6481e.html

How is subscribing to a message board the same as cancelling school? Lol. Now if I called into work for 2 straight days because national signing day to sit on allbuffs I’d see that point. As it is I just go to work and sit on allbuffs all day and get paid for it.

Interesting though, what you posted is the complete opposite of what was said before. That’s about what I expected from the schools, life goes on as usual and you’re either there or your not. I don’t see the need to cancel school over some kids skipping a day or 2, not every student cares about athletics. Could you imagine your job telling you not to show up on Monday or Tuesday because the Super Bowl? You take a vacation day and you deal with the consequences of your actions later when you have to make up work.

Given that the CFP Championship game is in New Orleans, I think it is very realistic for the admin of LSU to give their folks both days off. They’ll need a day to prepare for the game and a day of mourning after losing to Clemson.

How is subscribing to a message board the same as cancelling school? Lol. Now if I called into work for 2 straight days because national signing day to sit on allbuffs I’d see that point. As it is I just go to work and sit on allbuffs all day and get paid for it.

Interesting though, what you posted is the complete opposite of what was said before. That’s about what I expected from the schools, life goes on as usual and you’re either there or your not. I don’t see the need to cancel school over some kids skipping a day or 2, not every student cares about athletics. Could you imagine your job telling you not to show up on Monday or Tuesday because the Super Bowl? You take a vacation day and you deal with the consequences of your actions later when you have to make up work.
i believe the article pre-dates the LSU decision.

Always interesting to see what get’s people spun up. I could care less that LSU doesn’t have class for two days, no skin off of my nose. To each his own.

Always interesting to see what get’s people spun up. I could care less that LSU doesn’t have class for two days, no skin off of my nose. To each his own.

This website spent a week talking about big dicks and you’re concerned with my casual opinion on this subject? Definitely the off-season.

Back