What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

That game is definitely in Champagne-Urbana. In fact, I am considering attendance. I will be in Michigan and Wisconsin around that time, and I'd enjoy nothing better on the ride back to attend a game there. My 2nd favorite team being whoever is beating ****braska in that week.
Sometimes when I want to feel tall, I go to Tokyo. If I want to feel fit, I attend a a nebraska v. Illinois game.

Old 97s Lyrics:

Oh and if you die fearin' God
And painfully employed
You will not go to heaven,
You'll go to Champaign, Illinois

Edit kNu and Frosty get no respect.

“How many teams in the MAC do you think could beat Nebraska, in Lincoln, in 2021? Not would, just could. According to the three MAC coaches I could text in 15 minutes, the correct answer is four or five, in no order: Buffalo, Kent State, Toledo, Miami, and maybe Western Michigan.

Northern Illinois is not on this list, despite accomplishing this very feat in 2017. Yes, that was one season before the arrival of Scott Frost, revered alumnus and would-be program savior, hired fresh off UCF’s undefeated season to fix the Huskers. In 2018 Nebraska opened the season on a six-game losing streak, including Troy at home. There are 2021 MAC teams as good as 2018 Troy.”

Last edited:
How many teams in the MAC do you think could beat ****braska, in Lincoln, in 2021? Not would, just could. According to the three MAC coaches I could text in 15 minutes, the correct answer is four or five, in no order: Buffalo, Kent State, Toledo, Miami, and maybe Western Michigan.

Northern Illinois is not on this list, despite accomplishing this very feat in 2017. Yes, that was one season before the arrival of Scott Frost, revered alumnus and would-be program savior, hired fresh off UCF’s undefeated season to fix the ****ers. In 2018 ****braska opened the season on a six-game losing streak, including Troy at home. There are 2021 MAC teams as good as 2018 Troy.

From a rational standpoint and comparing talent levels you are probably pretty close.

What your analysis doesn't take into account is that much like the Buffs were when we lost to Drake and more recently Sacramento State Nebraska is a broken program.

They are a team (or better should say a group of individuals who wear the same uniform) that expects to lose, that has already adjusted their minds to having bad things happen to the point of expecting them.

What should be an easy win for them turns into a struggle as soon as things turn against them. Give up an early return or a turnover or an easy score on a big mistake and they immediately go into the "here we go again" mentality.

As soon as that happens their "savior" HC Frosty immediately loses it and starts screaming. He doesn't do anything to address what is wrong, he doesn't do anything to turn the attitude positive, instead the players start worrying about being one of the ones thrown under the bus at the end of the game.

Bottom line to all this is that if they come out strong and make some early plays there isn't a team in the MAC that couldn't get a win against Frosty and his cupcakes.

From a rational standpoint and comparing talent levels you are probably pretty close.

What your analysis doesn't take into account is that much like the Buffs were when we lost to Drake and more recently Sacramento State ****braska is a broken program.

They are a team (or better should say a group of individuals who wear the same uniform) that expects to lose, that has already adjusted their minds to having bad things happen to the point of expecting them.

What should be an easy win for them turns into a struggle as soon as things turn against them. Give up an early return or a turnover or an easy score on a big mistake and they immediately go into the "here we go again" mentality.

As soon as that happens their "savior" HC Frosty immediately loses it and starts screaming. He doesn't do anything to address what is wrong, he doesn't do anything to turn the attitude positive, instead the players start worrying about being one of the ones thrown under the bus at the end of the game.

Bottom line to all this is that if they come out strong and make some early plays there isn't a team in the MAC that couldn't get a win against Frosty and his cupcakes.
My mistake, I was quoting the article and will edit to note.

My mistake, I was quoting the article and will edit to note.
No need to apologize. Never a bad thing to see that even those who don't have the deep seated hate for the red polyester blubber bunch are over any illusion that they are some kind of significant force in college football.

In case anybody wasn’t paying attention (and really, why would they?) the ****er basketball team limped out of the B1G tournament with a first round loss and a craptacular 7-20 season record. Which begs the question: which sucks worse? The ****er football team or the ****er basketball team?
Begs the question: How did they manage to win 7 games???

Its amazing when you're in it as one of 3000-ish buff fans serenading all the runza eaters with the CU fight song after we beat them in Lincoln in 2018.

You shut your mouth.
That was a magnificent scene. After Viska caught that TD pass, I thought it was a dead play, because that stadium seemed to fall dead silent. I then looked to the “Buffs” section, and saw everyone there jumping up and down. Probably the best birthday present that my wife has given me! It just keeps bringing a smile to my face!

That was a magnificent scene. After Viska caught that TD pass, I thought it was a dead play, because that stadium seemed to fall dead silent. I then looked to the “Buffs” section, and saw everyone there jumping up and down. Probably the best birthday present that my wife has given me! It just keeps bringing a smile to my face!

That whole weekend was spectacular. Were you one of the Buff fans who took over Single Barrel the night before? Can't wait for 2024 so we can do it again!

That whole weekend was spectacular. Were you one of the Buff fans who took over Single Barrel the night before? Can't wait for 2024 so we can do it again!

nah, not me. I tried to spend the least amount of time in Stincoln as I could. My celebration was high fiving Buffs fans on the way back to the car...then driving back to Omaha with a smile on my face, and giving a celebratory nod to a guy with a Buffs shirt on at a gas station.

with the fusker trajectory...maybe getting a ticket for future games will be easier. Hopefully the largest food court in the country is built somewhere between Omaha and Lincoln...this can give a lot of nubs something else to do on Saturdays...

with the ****er trajectory...maybe getting a ticket for future games will be easier. Hopefully the largest food court in the country is built somewhere between Omaha and Lincoln...this can give a lot of nubs something else to do on Saturdays...

More truck stops on I-80?

nah, not me. I tried to spend the least amount of time in Stincoln as I could. My celebration was high fiving Buffs fans on the way back to the car...then driving back to Omaha with a smile on my face, and giving a celebratory nod to a guy with a Buffs shirt on at a gas station.

with the ****er trajectory...maybe getting a ticket for future games will be easier. Hopefully the largest food court in the country is built somewhere between Omaha and Lincoln...this can give a lot of nubs something else to do on Saturdays...

I was plowed pretty much the entire time I was out there. Got wrecked at Single Barrel. Had an epic hangover, which led to a breakfast that included a massive amount of the hotel's fatty sausage..........and then drinking during college gameday. Add to that the fact that it was Fusker Jesus's first game in charge and Warden Tom's induction into the Fusker Athletics HoF. Easily one of the top 5 CU games I've seen in person-Those poor Fuskers were so sad after they lost lol

Last edited:
Doesn't WBB play ****braska now?

Yes this Saturday in Memphis.

tenor.gif

Back