What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Iowa folks are pretty clever and creative over Nebraska actions, cause they get served endless material. Iowa is no better with what happened this offseason related to the strength coach and the coaches handling of players, but two pigs deserve each other if the mud slinging is on.

I think he’s gone after next season if they aren’t in a bowl game. That’d be 4 straight years of no postseason and sub-.500 record. Even Frost isn’t going to get a longer leash than that
His buyout right now is $25 million. That only goes down to $20 million at the end of next season. They have some deep pockets, but that's a lot of cabbage to pay someone to go away. Good thing they extended him after last year. :cool:

His buyout right now is $25 million. That only goes down to $20 million at the end of next season. They have some deep pockets, but that's a lot of cabbage to pay someone to go away. Good thing they extended him after last year. :cool:
Yeah, I get it but that program has fired coaches with far superior results than what Frost has been able to produce. Perhaps they are becoming less delusional about their place in CFB and coupled w the money, they’ll be forced to go into year five with him, but I just can’t see that fan base and admin ok with 4 straight years of no bowls and getting their asses handed to them by the BIG mediocres.

Yeah, I get it but that program has fired coaches with far superior results than what Frost has been able to produce. Perhaps they are becoming less delusional about their place in CFB and coupled w the money, they’ll be forced to go into year five with him, but I just can’t see that fan base and admin ok with 4 straight years of no bowls and getting their asses handed to them by the BIG mediocres.
Covid will save his job and, ironically, torture the corn. Because the biggest damage done by a lame coach is in recruiting. Recruits will avoid. Frost will cling to it being due to the 12-15 months of no visits, which likely does in fact hurt the programs that are a long distance from fertile recruiting hotbeds most. Moos is fully tied to Frost so he will cling to that as long as he's there.

Covid will save his job and, ironically, torture the corn. Because the biggest damage done by a lame coach is in recruiting. Recruits will avoid. Frost will cling to it being due to the 12-15 months of no visits, which likely does in fact hurt the programs that are a long distance from fertile recruiting hotbeds most. Moos is fully tied to Frost so he will cling to that as long as he's there.
Even for the fuskers that $20-25 million is a lot of money, especially on a season were they aren't making the money in ticket revenue and didn't even get to play their OOC games which make them millions. They also again aren't going to a bowl game and while the B1G splits bowl money the fuskers always have made a lot of money off "Husker packages" and "official events"

Also have to imagine that with the last few years on field results their donations are down as well. People like to be associated with a winner not a whiner, Reasonable to expect that a lot of those yearly checks are getting smaller recently.

They also have to think about the embarrassment of not only firing a husker hero from the golden days but then taking another beat down in the coaching market as they have to overpay for a second level hire. With the condition of the program and based on the past few searches the top names aren't even going to get close to that job.

It is also very likely that the next coach won't be hired by Moos. If Frost doesn't make it Moos won't either and he doesn't want to give up the job.

The H.uskers are so bad under Frost's leadership that I'm almost considering becoming CU football fan. Almost that is. I'll wait until after the 2021 recruit signing date had passed and I see who transfers before deciding. CSU is an option too. At least with a fresh start as a CSU fan I'd know mediocrity is the expectated norm.
We appreciate the offer, but we’ll pass.

8302C050-764E-4C6E-97E0-F1B95AECCC09.jpeg

giphy.gif

Jawdropping above nailed it.

Never heard anyone trash their predasessor like that. That's when I knew that he was a fraud and didn't believe in himself. Nobody will flow that guy.

Back