What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs v USC Score Prediction Thread

CU crotch stomps USC on the scoreboard. 45-24 Buffs.

Good special teams and no offensive turnovers makes it possible. Game isn't as close as the score.

i5wdbswejior8vsp7ysg.gif

My brain tells me I should be worried about this game. We have never beaten the Trojans. They have tons of talent despite looking like crap. But this year is different. This team is different. The rise is real. While USC looked good against ASU, sparky is a horrible defensive team...just horrible. As long as we dont piss down our legs, we got this. Stop the run, win the game...
CU - 45
Condoms - 13

Just watched the USC/Utah amd USC/ASU games. I am doubling down on my earlier score predictions. Here are some details:
1. The USC quarterback is good against zone. We don't run a whole lot of zone. Against man coverage he was not nearly as deadly and tended to hold the ball a little bit longer.
2. The USC defense is good against the run. We are a better passing team. We will run just enough to keep them honest and then we are going to burn them over the top..... a bunch..... And when they leave there safeties high we are going to burn them with quick slants. Here is where I hope Sefo starts as I think he is better at reading and adjusting still and I do not think Montez's athleticism will matter much in this game.
3. We blitz really well from the outside. Both run and pass blitzes. USC does not block that well. This will be the match up of the game. Leavitt calling the blitzes and USC trying to predict the blitz and beat it. My bet is on Leavitt. We are going to give up a big play here and there occasionally but the damage we are going to do more often than not is going to make up for it.

Fear not Buffs this one is going to be ours. We just match up really well against this team. The only thing in doubt is will the Buffs continue to execute. I believe they will.

This would be a great one to win.
USC (Major hurdle. Never beaten them)
RoadGame
South opponent.

Can't predict it. Not gonna jinks em

Still think UM is the best team on our schedule this year and we lost by 17 while spotting them 21 pts with special teams. I have a feeling there are going to be enough CU fans at the coliseum that it isn't going to feel like a true road game. It is going to take a very good, near perfect, game from CU but I am not scared of USC. They are good no doubt, but CU has played and performed against better.

After watching u$c games this season and we should have beat them last season. We have improved as a team. They are actually not as good as last season. They have a fragile ego that is going to be exposed Saturday in the Coliseum.
MIGHTY BUFFS 41
boys of troy 31

Tom Fornelli
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-and-maryland-find-their-way-into-the-top-10/

19. Colorado Buffaloes 4-1 (37): I've been avoiding writing about Colorado in these rankings all season long. They dropped out for a week following the loss to Michigan, but in every other week of The Fornelli 50, they've been here and I've been too scared to say anything. I'm like that 13-year-old boy with a crush on the prettiest girl in school, but I don't want to tell her because what if she doesn't like me?

I'm smitten, you guys. I am enamored with this Colorado team, and I have been since its first game of the season against Colorado State Rams . The reason I've avoided writing this is just the silly, superstitious fear that by sharing these feeling with the public, I will ruin what Colorado has going on. But I must be brave.

I must let the world know that I am fully here for the 2016 Colorado Buffaloes. They're in first place in the Pac-12 South right now, and while I'm not going to sit here and tell you they'll win the division, I firmly believe they'll be in the hunt all year long. Mike MacIntyre's offense is finally coming along in his fourth season, but the biggest difference is on the other side of the ball, where the hire of Jim Leavitt is paying huge dividends.

This was a Colorado defense that in 2014 allowed 461 yards per game, which caused MacIntyre to go out and get Leavitt last year. We saw some immediate improvement, as the Buffaloes allowed 416.9 yards per game last year. Well, through five games this year, the Buffs defense is allowing 290.4 yards per game. There is no Pac-12 defense allowing less. Not Washington, not Utah Utes , not Stanford, not anybody.

Go Buffs, don't let him jinx you. He loves you

This was a Colorado defense that in 2014 allowed 461 yards per game, which caused MacIntyre to go out and get Leavitt last year. We saw some immediate improvement, as the Buffaloes allowed 416.9 yards per game last year. Well, through five games this year, the Buffs defense is allowing 290.4 yards per game. There is no Pac-12 defense allowing less. Not Washington, not Utah Utes , not Stanford, not anybody.

By comparison, the UNLV Rebels are allowing 398 yds/game, good for 67th in FBS (CU is 13th). A little worse than Eastern Michigan, but a little better than Buffalo.

And that would be Kent Baer's Running Rebel defense, who have only played two decent teams (UCLA, Central Michigan) so far, and some scrubs like Jacksonville State and Idaho. The only Pac-12 opponent (Bruins) put up 500 yards of offense against Baer's defense. Getting rid of Baer and hiring Leavitt was by far Mac's best move to date.

Tom Fornelli
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-and-maryland-find-their-way-into-the-top-10/

19. Colorado Buffaloes 4-1 (37): I've been avoiding writing about Colorado in these rankings all season long. They dropped out for a week following the loss to Michigan, but in every other week of The Fornelli 50, they've been here and I've been too scared to say anything. I'm like that 13-year-old boy with a crush on the prettiest girl in school, but I don't want to tell her because what if she doesn't like me?

I'm smitten, you guys. I am enamored with this Colorado team, and I have been since its first game of the season against Colorado State Rams . The reason I've avoided writing this is just the silly, superstitious fear that by sharing these feeling with the public, I will ruin what Colorado has going on. But I must be brave.

I must let the world know that I am fully here for the 2016 Colorado Buffaloes. They're in first place in the Pac-12 South right now, and while I'm not going to sit here and tell you they'll win the division, I firmly believe they'll be in the hunt all year long. Mike MacIntyre's offense is finally coming along in his fourth season, but the biggest difference is on the other side of the ball, where the hire of Jim Leavitt is paying huge dividends.

OK, fine. Buffs 31-27

I love it. Troy's forum has the same thread and it's exactly the same as ours (sans crotch-stomping video), except the names are reversed. Go figure. I love CFB - particularly when we FINALLY have a GOOD TEAM!

Copying and pasting my comments from the Pac12board:

CU's defense was worse than USC's D last year and is better this year while USC's D improved somewhat. Without that kickoff return against the Utes, the Trojans wouldn't even score 20 points on Utah's D. Utah is giving up just 18 points per game while CU has the top ranked D in the PAC and is giving up just two more points per game than the Utes.

CU does have one of the top offenses in the PAC despite taking the foot off the gas in the 4Q in THREE games. The Buffs will move the ball on just about anyone. It's understandable that people believe USC is showing a pulse on offense but that was against the 121st ranked defense that is the ASU D. That Sun Devil defense is giving up about 15 more points than CU has done at this point.

CU's special teams have shown improvement since that disaster in Ann Arbor. The freshman kicker who replaced the starting kicker booted a 54 yard FG last week and CU's punter has done just fine in other games. The Buffs shut down OSU's Bolden who had a 99 yard KOR for a TD and a 95 yard run on a jet sweep in one game this season. USC could make this game interesting on special teams. If the Buffs shut down USC in this area, this game won't be close and another solid performance by the Buffs.

Two CU QBs picked apart USC's pass defense LY and this year's Buff receivers were nowhere as good as they have been this season. Plus either Liufau or Montez are better than last year's CU QBs including Liufau himself.

USC's QB has done very well against Utah's #40 & ASU's #125 rated pass effiency defense. CU is #3 in the nation in that regard. And Michigan is #7 in the country...keep that in mind when CU's offense takes the field.

CU has already visited Ann Arbor and Eugene so the Coliseum won't intimidate the Buffs plus CU usually has a large continent of fans at the Coliseum or the Rose Bowl and given CU's great start this season, maybe it will have more of a neutral site feel this time around due to fan excitement.

CU 41
USC 24

I did check ESPN's stats and this website: http://stats.ncaa.or...MFB&division=11

Argh! The pessimist in me still rules supreme. Vast talent and home field tells me USC squeaks by the Buffs 33-31.
I honestly think Colorado is the better football team. If this was neutral or home, I think the Buffs win...and possibly big.
Please, oh Please prove me wrong. If Colorado wins, we are in complete control of the South with 4 of the remaining 6 conference games at home.

Tom Fornelli

That's kind of a weird rankings set. But hey - love is love.

Back