What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. CSU Score Prediction Thread

I hate this but my gut says we get beat so badly that I flew to Texas to avoid it. I'll be home Sunday to resume the fight but I just couldn't bear watching what I think will be a brutal embarrassment of our Buffs.

I hope I am so completely wrong that my prediction stands as an example of stupid for years to come and Tini points it out annually until he's 35.

I hate this but my gut says we get beat so badly that I flew to Texas to avoid it. I'll be home Sunday to resume the fight but I just couldn't bear watching what I think will be a brutal embarrassment of our Buffs.

I hope I am so completely wrong that my prediction stands as an example of stupid for years to come and Tini points it out annually until he's 35.
Yikes... I have a bad feeling about this one too.

Can we get Tini unbanned for 12 hours on the condition that he admits that CSU is probably pretty good and there is a not insignificant chance the Buffs lose this one? As it stands right now he's jinxed us to the utmost extent possible.

Somebody brought it up above - CSU will go all out to stop the run and make Sefo beat them. Someone also brought up the very good point that more than anything UMASS's own mistakes early on allowed us to get some confidence and pull away in the 2nd quarter. If they had another game under their belt, they probably make some of those plays and it's a different game. I expect someone other than Higgins to go off receiving. I expect CSU to come out more fired up than us. I expect Lindgren to make some critical mistakes. I expect Spruce to get his. I expect the Buffs have at least two turnovers. I expect CSU isn't as good as some are making them out to be and yet I expect us to find a way to lose.
CSU 27
CU 24
UMass' own mistakes prevented them from a potential early lead... They did not, however, prevent 300+ yards rushing and a 34 point margin of loss for them.

Why would you have the expectation that CSU comes out more fired up than us?

Do you expect CSU to have any turnovers?

This is the sort of post that 'Tini is referring to when he talks about Buff fans ripping our team for our own deficiencies, but not mentioning our oppositions'.

Vegas has us at -4. I'll go with Vegas and say 27-23 CU.

I think we find a happy medium between the uh and mass game. Sefo throws 1 pick in a clutch situation. Goes 16-30 w/ 215 yards 1 TD 1 int. Adkins carries the load runs for 80 w/ 1 TD. Lindsay gas the other TD and we kick 2 fgs.

CSU runs the ball down our throats for +200yds 2 touchdowns rushing 1 passing. 1 turnover by a young QB. Misses a 2pt try and kicks one fg.

I see us getting down in the 1st half 20-14 and this team shows their resolve lead by Sefo, and shuts down CSU in the 2nd half.

Sorry, I know your post wasn't directed at me, but:

UMass' own mistakes prevented them from a potential early lead... They did not, however, prevent 300+ yards rushing and a 34 point margin of loss for them.

Why would you have the expectation that CSU comes out more fired up than us?

Because that has happened every year in this game from time immemorial. When was the last time you would say that CU matched CSU's intensity throughout the entire game? CU is the red-letter game on CSU's schedule every year.

Do you expect CSU to have any turnovers?

My familiarity with CU's defense makes me reluctant to count on them creating any turnovers. They've been better this year than last, but I still don't think we can COUNT on turnovers.

This is the sort of post that 'Tini is referring to when he talks about Buff fans ripping our team for our own deficiencies, but not mentioning our oppositions'.

I think we're all far more familiar with CU's deficiencies than those of CSU. In addition, CSU's deficiencies may have more readily available solutions than ours (i.e. put in the backup QB, getting Higgins back, etc.)

This game ought to scare everyone. it's far from a guarantee.

@Denver_sc I am definitely anxious for the game and by no means think it's a guarantee. I just simply don't agree with the posters who, week in, week out, believe CU is the only team that commits turnovers, has poor QB play, makes special teams mistakes, and for some reason, won't be hyped to play.

I understand weariness from the fans of the lack of turnovers created by this defense in prior years, but this JL-Coordinated defense has cause 4 turnovers in the first two games and could/should have been more. To me, turnovers are the great equalizer in a game and predicting them, one way or another, is similar to predicting in-game injuries having an effect on the outcome.

Also, people have been piling on Sefo the last two weeks and using his poor play as their reason in predicting a loss to CSU, but where does the ineptitude of both CSU QBs come into play when making predictions? Their starter threw 2 INTs last week and couldn't move the ball at all against Minnesota, at home. Their QB1A fumbled the ball while trying to run and was a complete non-factor save for one pass on the last drive.

@Denver_sc I am definitely anxious for the game and by no means think it's a guarantee. I just simply don't agree with the posters who, week in, week out, believe CU is the only team that commits turnovers, has poor QB play, makes special teams mistakes, and for some reason, won't be hyped to play.

I understand weariness from the fans of the lack of turnovers created by this defense in prior years, but this JL-Coordinated defense has cause 4 turnovers in the first two games and could/should have been more. To me, turnovers are the great equalizer in a game and predicting them, one way or another, is similar to predicting in-game injuries having an effect on the outcome.

Also, people have been piling on Sefo the last two weeks and using his poor play as their reason in predicting a loss to CSU, but where does the ineptitude of both CSU QBs come into play when making predictions? Their starter threw 2 INTs last week and couldn't move the ball at all against Minnesota, at home. Their QB1A fumbled the ball while trying to run and was a complete non-factor save for one pass on the last drive.

Yet, I'll repeat it again: CSU somehow tends to not make these mistakes playing Colorado. I don't know if it is because they are loose because there is no pressure, while the Buffs play tighter. I don't know, but year in and year out, they always look better than they really are when playing the RMS.

I won't speak for others, but my concern Schek is that despite CSU's QB deficiencies, they completely undressed Savannah (yes a bad team) then hung in there with a Minnesota team that most would agree is much better than CU.

I won't speak for others, but my concern Schek is that despite CSU's QB deficiencies, they completely undressed Savannah (yes a bad team) then hung in there with a Minnesota team that most would agree is much better than CU.
Fair enough. I have nothing against people's skepticism of this team, with how many times we've been burned for being optimistic in prior seasons. I just don't agree with mentioning every one of our weaknesses but none of our strengths as well as all of our opponents strengths but none of their weaknesses. We are ranked 8th in the country in rushing right now and CSU's rushing defense is 56th, but somehow, all people can talk about it how CSU's front 7 will shut us down. It's just a weird mentality for fans to take, IMO.

Fair enough. I have nothing against people's skepticism of this team, with how many times we've been burned for being optimistic in prior seasons. I just don't agree with mentioning every one of our weaknesses but none of our strengths as well as all of our opponents strengths but none of their weaknesses. We are ranked 8th in the country in rushing right now and CSU's rushing defense is 56th, but somehow, all people can talk about it how CSU's front 7 will shut us down. It's just a weird mentality for fans to take, IMO.
We're 2 games in against pretty awful competition and we're 1-1. I don't know a lot about CSU, but I've seen enough of the Buffs the past 2 seasons and 2 games this year to know I can't trust them.

We played well last week which is great, but 1 impressive performance against a terrible UMASS team hasn't convinced me that we've turned the corner. I need to see more consistency out of this team.

We're 2 games in against pretty awful competition and we're 1-1. I don't know a lot about CSU, but I've seen enough of the Buffs the past 2 seasons and 2 games this year to know I can't trust them.

We played well last week which is great, but 1 impressive performance against a terrible UMASS team hasn't convinced me that we've turned the corner. I need to see more consistency out of this team.
I would not say that awful after watching uh vs the osu. They actually gave them a game in the first half. The osu is a damn good team with grown ass men playing.

Minnesota is an atrocious offense that lost an NFL TE and NFL RB. CSU lost an NFL LT and NFL QB and SEC coach, it all catches up to CSU and they lose in a blowout 48-14. History repeats itself in consecutive weeks! Anyone that thinks otherwise gets the Tini sicked on them.

Minnesota is an atrocious offense that lost an NFL TE and NFL RB. CSU lost an NFL LT and NFL QB and SEC coach, it all catches up to CSU and they lose in a blowout 48-14. History repeats itself in consecutive weeks! Anyone that thinks otherwise gets the Tini sicked on them.
You think I am afraid of a banned tini?

Yet, I'll repeat it again: CSU somehow tends to not make these mistakes playing Colorado. I don't know if it is because they are loose because there is no pressure, while the Buffs play tighter. I don't know, but year in and year out, they always look better than they really are when playing the RMS.

20140827__28rhscsufbw~1_400.jpg

20130908__09DCSBUFW_400.jpg

20130901__20130902_B1_SP02FBCCUCSUCOVER~p1.jpg

Buffs - 42
Rams - 17

Leavitt castrates Cam the Ram on the field and leaves the csu side of mile high crying. Oh - CU also wins the turnover battle 3-1 with a defensive score early in the 2nd half to start putting this one to bed. Sefo gets rolling and finds Spruce for two scores and 100+ yards and another 100+ performance by Adkins. Carr finds the endzone on a screen for his first collegiate TD.

Higgins decides he doesn't want to play football anymore and refuses to come out of the locker room after half time.

I'm praying....
Derek McCartney causes a turnover
Sefo hits Spruce, Bobo, Fields on the run a few times each.
Sefo hits TE twice
Crawley locks up his WR matchup
CU's OL protects Sefo and Sefo gets rid of ball quickly
CU's LBs make a name for themselves. (Hey Addison, your time is now!)

Back