What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Michigan Score Prediction Thread

30-13 mu
Sefo needs to be able to hit some deep balls when the WR's are wide open. just don't see it.

Michigan 14
Colorado 49

Trend continues as CU holds Muchigan to 1 1st down in opening half.

Michigan scores 2 TDs in 4th against Buffs second team Defense.

Buffs do a great job of killing the clock In 2nd half.

Last edited:
Buffs 27
Michigan 17

There is no way that Michigan scores over 20 points against this Jim Leavitt defense!
Crazy dream that little ole Jay McIntyre comes up with a big punt return!

Our look alike threads were quite good. I don't know how we'd do it now since you can't upload pictures anymore. I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a url to get a picture to show up.

The more I think about this game, the more I wonder "why not us?" Every week teams go into a lion's den and pull off huge upsets - Texas/Notre Dame, Wisconsin/LSU (yeah, it was at Lambeau, but no one gave Whiskey a chance), Clemson has crapped their pants twice against worse teams than the Buffs and they should have lost both of those, etc.
Looking at how UM has played this year, we are on par with what they are laying down, yet they seem to have a few more struggles than the Buff have been...AND they didn't play a huge rivalry game. They run game against a crap team was crap.
No matter who we play, our receivers can still catch footballs, our defense can still tackle, our Dbacks can still break up passes.
And their QB is a Freshman...if he gets punched in the face, how will he respond?
No idea what the score will be - but I think the Buffs are way better off than most are giving them credit for.

The more I think about this game, the more I wonder "why not us?" Every week teams go into a lion's den and pull off huge upsets - Texas/Notre Dame, Wisconsin/LSU (yeah, it was at Lambeau, but no one gave Whiskey a chance), Clemson has crapped their pants twice against worse teams than the Buffs and they should have lost both of those, etc.
Looking at how UM has played this year, we are on par with what they are laying down, yet they seem to have a few more struggles than the Buff have been...AND they didn't play a huge rivalry game. They run game against a crap team was crap.
No matter who we play, our receivers can still catch footballs, our defense can still tackle, our Dbacks can still break up passes.
And their QB is a Freshman...if he gets punched in the face, how will he respond?
No idea what the score will be - but I think the Buffs are way better off than most are giving them credit for.

CLp5qWPUYAEAt9v.png

Pretty sure they will start Speight and he is a redshirt sophomore. He does not have a lot of game experience but he did get into 7 games last year.

So I have watched the Michigan ucf game and I believe they are beatable.

On defense Michigan is stout up the middle and their pass coverage is solid. They have a good pass rush as well. They have a definite weakness on the edge though. There db's do not shed blocks well and their linebackers are not quick to the edge.
On offense if CU can execute the way they have been on the edge there is a lot of yards there. I will take our blocking wide receivers vs their db's all day long. Michigan will be forced to widen out their defense to defend. The question will be will this be enough to expose gaps that CU can take advantage of. After watching the last two CU games I am not sure this will be enough to actually get our running game going inside. We are likely going to need our passing game. And here is the rub. So far this year, CUs line has held up very well against sub par opponents. Can they do it against very good opponents? Ucf's line was horrible. Their quarterback had less than 3 seconds on nearly every snap. If The line can give Sefo 3.5 seconds it is going to be a long day for Michigan. The Chev/Lindgren offense will have success. I am hopeful that we have been sandbagging our power running game a bit, but to be honest with myself I am not counting on too much here. Once Michigan adapts to the outside run / wide receiver screens I feel we will still need to use the pass to exploit different parts of their defense. I am predicting 2 touchdowns and 3 field goals. CU scores 23 points.

On offense Michigan has benefited from virtually no pressure on their quarterback. He was able to stand in the pocket, make his reads and throw the rock. In addition, I saw numerous blown assignments by the ucf defense. I really feel that CU will not allow either. The Michigan web will be under reassure all day, the db's will not breakdown assignments. I also believe michigan will struggle to run the ball. Barring some sort of turn over I predict they will get a couple of long plays off when the front cannot get pressure on the qb but those will end up in field goals most of the time. 1 td 3 field goals. Michigan 16.

This prediction is based on the fact that I don't think either team will have much of a running game. The team that proves me wrong will win the game. If neither can I lean towards CU because I think they are the tougher team. Ya that's right. They are the tougher team. They are used to close games, used to getting punched in the ,out hand not giving up. I also believe the spread and the tempo on the offense will matter.

So I have watched the Michigan ucf game and I believe they are beatable.

On defense Michigan is stout up the middle and their pass coverage is solid. They have a good pass rush as well. They have a definite weakness on the edge though. There db's do not shed blocks well and their linebackers are not quick to the edge.
On offense if CU can execute the way they have been on the edge there is a lot of yards there. I will take our blocking wide receivers vs their db's all day long. Michigan will be forced to widen out their defense to defend. The question will be will this be enough to expose gaps that CU can take advantage of. After watching the last two CU games I am not sure this will be enough to actually get our running game going inside. We are likely going to need our passing game. And here is the rub. So far this year, CUs line has held up very well against sub par opponents. Can they do it against very good opponents? Ucf's line was horrible. Their quarterback had less than 3 seconds on nearly every snap. If The line can give Sefo 3.5 seconds it is going to be a long day for Michigan. The Chev/Lindgren offense will have success. I am hopeful that we have been sandbagging our power running game a bit, but to be honest with myself I am not counting on too much here. Once Michigan adapts to the outside run / wide receiver screens I feel we will still need to use the pass to exploit different parts of their defense. I am predicting 2 touchdowns and 3 field goals. CU scores 23 points.

On offense Michigan has benefited from virtually no pressure on their quarterback. He was able to stand in the pocket, make his reads and throw the rock. In addition, I saw numerous blown assignments by the ucf defense. I really feel that CU will not allow either. The Michigan web will be under reassure all day, the db's will not breakdown assignments. I also believe michigan will struggle to run the ball. Barring some sort of turn over I predict they will get a couple of long plays off when the front cannot get pressure on the qb but those will end up in field goals most of the time. 1 td 3 field goals. Michigan 16.

This prediction is based on the fact that I don't think either team will have much of a running game. The team that proves me wrong will win the game. If neither can I lean towards CU because I think they are the tougher team. Ya that's right. They are the tougher team. They are used to close games, used to getting punched in the ,out hand not giving up. I also believe the spread and the tempo on the offense will matter.

I am hoping Lindgren reads this and does not do his normal 25% runs up the middle. Especially on short yardage. Especially in the redzone.

Dang Nab it don't do that.

42-20 Michigan. Harbaugh is on a mission to make the CFB playoffs. His team is not going to overlook the Buffs. The Buffs are going into a tough place to play and stadium will be rockin'. The talent difference of the two teams will be the factor.

42-20 Michigan. Harbaugh is on a mission to make the CFB playoffs. His team is not going to overlook the Buffs. The Buffs are going into a tough place to play and stadium will be rockin'. The talent difference of the two teams will be the factor.
That's about how I see it, and I'm that score indicates the Buffs are any sort of fraud. Tough game, tough venue

B&G 20
m&b 35

We play well enough to more than cover the spread, and earn some respect on a national level. No major injuries going into conference play. That's my prediction...

Back