What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Michigan Score Prediction Thread

Damnit why are all the visitors from our opponents so friendly? Ever since we switched conferences we have only gotten a handful of **** heads.

That's cause he likes you. Troll a little harder and it'll become obvious.
Ha! Lonely? That's a first, I guess it's true though, once the old lady makes me wings for the game, she takes off, CFB has never interested her

I think it's a little early for a top 5 teams fan-base to come over here unironically, but I guess that's what happens when you've lost to your little brother 7 of 8 times, your ego becomes extremely fragile.

Damnit why are all the visitors from our opponents so friendly? Ever since we switched conferences we have only gotten a handful of **** heads.
Because honestly, nobody has a reason to hate Colorado, even after the Hail Mary, Michigan beat CU down in '96 and '97 so it was out of our systems. Maybe Mizzou for the 5th down? Legal weed? I don't know why anyone would hate Colorado

Because honestly, nobody has a reason to hate Colorado, even after the Hail Mary, Michigan beat CU down in '96 and '97 so it was out of our systems. Maybe Mizzou for the 5th down? Legal weed? I don't know why anyone would hate Colorado
1997 was a shellacking (the decline had really begun), but 20-13 (with CU throwin a hail mary on the last play, iirc) isn't a beat down.

But what is college football without a little hate?

Its been frustrating around here with no real rivalry since the move and patronizing west coast football elitists...

1997 was a shellacking (the decline had really begun), but 20-13 (with CU throwin a hail mary on the last play, iirc) isn't a beat down.
True, still a win nonetheless, I guess I was just remembering the '97 game. But maybe you can give me a little insight to this, why is CU wearing the '94 throwbacks to this game? I mean it's technically the same uni's they wore in '96 and '97, and Michigan went 8-4 in '94, CU didn't even win its conference that year. I feel like, this is what I liken it to, if CMU were to come back and play Ok St in 20 years, and wear throwbacks to the '16 team because of a Hail Mary, OK St fans wouldn't care, they would say "ok, we sucked that year, so what?". So I'm just trying to wrap my head around this, an explanation would be awesome

True, still a win nonetheless, I guess I was just remembering the '97 game. But maybe you can give me a little insight to this, why is CU wearing the '94 throwbacks to this game? I mean it's technically the same uni's they wore in '96 and '97, and Michigan went 8-4 in '94, CU didn't even win its conference that year. I feel like, this is what I liken it to, if CMU were to come back and play Ok St in 20 years, and wear throwbacks to the '16 team because of a Hail Mary, OK St fans wouldn't care, they would say "ok, we sucked that year, so what?". So I'm just trying to wrap my head around this, an explanation would be awesome

It is basically our standard road set. We aren't using a throwback with the shoulder stripes or anything like that. The fact that out of our dozens of uniform combinations, we happened to pick the same color combination is pure coincidence... or was it?

It's not about you, dumbass.

Cause we ****ing can. That it gets under your skin is a nice bonus.

Well it is the typical road jersey for the Buffs but more importantly why not?

Not wearing throwbacks. Standard uniform for the road is gold helmets and white shirts with either gold or black pants. So it's more like they chose not to bust out one of the crazy ones (all white, all silver, some mix of that) for an afternoon game on BTN.

Do you not look at draft boards or anything? Because I'm certainly not being cocky when I say this, this is all factual. Secondary-Jourdan Lewis is viewed as the best cover corner in the country and will most likely be mid-late 1st round. Jeremy Clark is viewed as a 4th safety, Stribling a late round CB, Dymonte and Delano will both be mid-late round FS and SS prospects. Linebackers- you guys already know about Jabrill Peppers, viewed as a top 5-top 10 draft pick. Mike McCray has potential but needs to show more. DL-this is where it gets nasty. Charlton 3rd round. Glasgow 4th roun. Wormley 2nd-3rd round. Mone 6th round. Godin 6th round. Hurst 3rd round. Oops, that was 12

Draft boards I've seen go down as far as 50-200.

Jourdan Lewis SR CB - late 1st or 2nd
Jehu Chesson SR WR - late 1st or 2nd
Jake Butt SR TE - 2nd
Chris Wormley SR DL - 2nd
Taco Charlton SR DL - 2nd
Jabrill Peppers JR SS/OLB - 2nd-3rd
Ryan Glasgow SO DL - 3rd
Erik Magnuson SR OT -6th

You are pressing, IMO, when you claim Clark, Stribling, Dymonte, Delano, McCray, Goden, or Hurst.

Like national rankings, these draft boards mean more at the end of the season.

Doesn't get under my skin, I don't care, like I said, we sucked that year anyway. I honestly wouldn't have even noticed it if CU hadn't announced it
Yes, you and every single UM fan that has talked about it or asked questions about it don't care. I get it. You really don't care. You just wanted to know why we would wear uniforms just like the ones we were wearing when this happened:

Honestly, if it didn't bother you, I'd think you were a troll.

Yes, you and every single UM fan that has talked about it or asked questions about it don't care. I get it. You really don't care. You just wanted to know why we would wear uniforms just like the ones we were wearing when this happened:

Honestly, if it didn't bother you, I'd think you were a troll.

A troll? Haha no, just a Michigan fanatic, do Hail Marys suck? Sure they do in the moment, looking back at it though, CU didn't win the conference and Michigan lost 4 games, it's not like either team were world beaters that year, it just doesn't have an effect anymore, it's just kind of like "it happened, oh well"

Maybe he's pulling it from 247 who called them throwbacks even though they weren't. CU announces our uniform combo every week, they also included a factoid that it was the same color scheme as 9/24/94, never said it was a throwback because we had actual throwbacks and don't use them anymore. By this logic, even Oregon is wearing a throwback everytime they match a past color scheme, even though we know they're wearing a different uniform.

They are throwbacks and our QB is Sefo Luau. /asshatpundits

A troll? Haha no, just a Michigan fanatic, do Hail Marys suck? Sure they do in the moment, looking back at it though, CU didn't win the conference and Michigan lost 4 games, it's not like either team were world beaters that year, it just doesn't have an effect anymore, it's just kind of like "it happened, oh well"
...****ing Osborne

Back