What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Stanford Score Prediction Thread

No . But I did stay up to midnight to watch it! Living east coast this year.
But look, I'm pessimistic about Stanford.. Last year I flew all the way to Colorado from Tennessee with my wife to take her to her first CU game ever. Thought since we had been so close in so may previous games last year getting Stanford at home would be the big turning point. Worst loss of the season. We got beat down.
I'd love this team to crush the trees to wipe my memory clean of last year but I'm juat not confident

Last year is irrelevant to this year.
Colorado is much better and Stanford is much worse

I'm not feeling so good about this one. Buffs can lose this game, win out the rest (very doable), and still win the South, as long as USC loses one more conference game. If the Buffs steal a win at Stanford, then it is glory times.

28 - Risen Golden Buffaloes
27 - Indian - Robber Barons - Cardinal - Tree - Silicon Valley - Farm living - nerd twats.

Looking at this game compared to the other road games this year.

Michigan - better than Stanford in all phases of the game. Much tougher atmosphere than The Farm.

Oregon - Oregon is slightly better offensively and slightly worse defensively. Also tougher atmosphere.

USC - SC's defense is better, their OL is better, and their passing game is better. If McCaffrey plays, I expect Shaw to feature him as much as possible. I never did hear much about the atmosphere at the Coliseum, but it probably won't be as hot in Palo Alto.

We're averaging 28.7 ppg on the road, against better defenses. We're giving up 34.7 ppg against better offenses. We have played all our opponents close in tough venues.

My takeaway from this short and very unscientific breakdown is that this will not be even close to the toughest road game this season. Plus, Sefo.

It's logical to think we score above our average road ppg against a relatively weaker defense, and hold a relatively weaker offense below our average road points given.

Factor in Sefo's experience, confidence, and steadiness, and I think it's a 14 point game.

CU 35, Stanford 21

(Unless ST continues to be "special", in which case who the **** knows.)

Looking at this game compared to the other road games this year.

Michigan - better than Stanford in all phases of the game. Much tougher atmosphere than The Farm.

Oregon - Oregon is slightly better offensively and slightly worse defensively. Also tougher atmosphere.

USC - SC's defense is better, their OL is better, and their passing game is better. If McCaffrey plays, I expect Shaw to feature him as much as possible. I never did hear much about the atmosphere at the Coliseum, but it probably won't be as hot in Palo Alto.

We're averaging 28.7 ppg on the road, against better defenses. We're giving up 34.7 ppg against better offenses. We have played all our opponents close in tough venues.

My takeaway from this short and very unscientific breakdown is that this will not be even close to the toughest road game this season. Plus, Sefo.

It's logical to think we score above our average road ppg against a relatively weaker defense, and hold a relatively weaker offense below our average road points given.

Factor in Sefo's experience, confidence, and steadiness, and I think it's a 14 point game.

CU 35, Stanford 21

(Unless ST continues to be "special", in which case who the **** knows.)

I can buy a lot of this, but Oregon is a lot worse defensively than Stanford. The difference between the two defenses of USC and Stanford is negligible. If we put up 35 on Saturday, would probably be the best performance by the offense all season.

Cu-Q2V5UEAApFLt.jpg

Feel like this will play out about like the asu game.'
they only have 1 true receiver, stop him, stop run game, pressure their QB. We will move the ball on them.

BUFFS 38
trees 17

Stanford is a top 10 team that got hit unusually hard with injuries in their secondary prior to playing the Washington schools. Those injured players are starting to return and they will be back to full strength this Saturday. We have to keep this from being a close game because of our special teams.

Not gonna predict the game score for this one.

Stanford is a top 10 team that got hit unusually hard with injuries in their secondary prior to playing the Washington schools. Those injured players are starting to return and they will be back to full strength this Saturday. We have to keep this from being a close game because of our special teams.

They were a top 10 team because McCaf is a freak. He is banged up, and is not his heisman level self. The Cardinal are vulnerable.

There is no way Stanford is a top 10 team this year. They have issues at QB and are struggling up front offensively. Even with a completely healthy McCaffery, they would still have issues.

They were a top 10 team because McCaf is a freak. He is banged up, and is not his heisman level self. The Cardinal are vulnerable.

I love me some McCaf...but he was so crazy successful last year 'cause of Hogan (who was way under-rated) and the Oline.

The Furd is vulnerable, but that window of vulnerability is closing fast.

There is no way Stanford is a top 10 team this year. They have issues at QB and are struggling up front offensively. Even with a completely healthy McCaffery, they would still have issues.

I'll give you they don't have great QB play yet from Mr. Burns but their Oline, which has also been wracked with injuries, has been getting better.

Their D can be sick...just been a bizarre rash of injuries at the DB position. Notice how they got killed in the passing game at Washington...often pulled their LBs back in zone coverage to compensate against WSU and got killed in the run game...but last week they got some of those DBs back and held ND at home to 300yards when ND has been averaging 500/game on the road. That was a sick performance.

Not trying to sound like a 'Furd fan, but this is still that hard game on the schedule we saw back in August.

I'll give you they don't have great QB play yet from Mr. Burns but their Oline, which has also been wracked with injuries, has been getting better.

Their D can be sick...just been a bizarre rash of injuries at the DB position. Notice how they got killed in the passing game at Washington...often pulled their LBs back in zone coverage to compensate against WSU and got killed in the run game...but last week they got some of those DBs back and held ND at home to 300yards when ND has been averaging 500/game on the road. That was a sick performance.

Not trying to sound like a 'Furd fan, but this is still that hard game on the schedule we saw back in August.

Difficult, but not as difficult as I feared.

I don't know, that offensive line has looked terrible the last three weeks. Washington took it to them, there were multiple videos on social media of their tackles and guards just getting thrown on their ass over and over. Washington didn't blitz either. Then they only scored 16 points against WSU and 10 points against a terrible, and I mean terrible Notre Dame defense.

Now, I agree with you on their defense and injuries but I think we all expected them to keep rolling offensively because they recruit so well with offensive lineman and those guys would step right in but that is clearly not the case. A lot of people also thought the transition from Hogan wouldn't be as bad since he always had moments where he looked like he was holding that team back but we were wrong there too. This team has been terrible offensively and it doesn't appear to be getting better. No question this is a different game than what we expected before the season. We thought they were going to be the best team we played all year but I think you could argue Michigan, USC, WSU, Utah and UCLA are all better teams.

I don't know, that offensive line has looked terrible the last three weeks. Washington took it to them, there were multiple videos on social media of their tackles and guards just getting thrown on their ass over and over. Washington didn't blitz either. Then they only scored 16 points against WSU and 10 points against a terrible, and I mean terrible Notre Dame defense.

Now, I agree with you on their defense and injuries but I think we all expected them to keep rolling offensively because they recruit so well with offensive lineman and those guys would step right in but that is clearly not the case. A lot of people also thought the transition from Hogan wouldn't be as bad since he always had moments where he looked like he was holding that team back but we were wrong there too. This team has been terrible offensively and it doesn't appear to be getting better. No question this is a different game than what we expected before the season. We thought they were going to be the best team we played all year but I think you could argue Michigan, USC, WSU, Utah and UCLA are all better teams.

I'll agree that they haven't looked great on offense, but Shaw runs the very definition of a ball control offense. If their D doesn't get stops they just aren't made to play their way out of a big deficit and when they are forced to they just look terrible. ...and that IMHO is the recipe to beat the Furd. Put them in a three score hole early and make them have to play outside their identity.

Back