What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Stanford Score Prediction Thread

The Keeney choice is a head-scratcher. I would like to see more of Ento in the slot. From what little we've seen of him this year, it's all been good.
I don't think he's a head scratcher. I don't know if he has the size to play tight. He doesn't have to be far off the tackle at the same time. Just let him work the middle and flat when the receivers take deeper routes. He'll be effective in that role imho. Either way another weapon to bring to the war. I do wanna see some Ento and Huntley run too.

Love Lindsay and am very happy for the success he found against ASU on homecoming, but the best RB from the state of Colorado (currently in college football) is Christian McCaffrey and it's not even close.

I'm not saying he is or isn't the best RB from Colorado. What I'm saying is that he will use it as motivation come Saturday. I personally think it's Christian McCaffrey.

I don't think he's a head scratcher. I don't know if he has the size to play tight. He doesn't have to be far off the tackle at the same time. Just let him work the middle and flat when the receivers take deeper routes. He'll be effective in that role imho. Either way another weapon to bring to the war. I do wanna see some Ento and Huntley run too.

I didn't mean to imply Keeney couldn't succeed in that role, only that I would have thought Ento would have been a better option first, based on what we've seen so far out of both Keeney and Ento.

No worries man, I wasn't talking **** or anything. I just think that's the best way to use Keeney's skill set. I want to see the other guys too. More weapons, the merrier.

Considering we have beat the spread every week this season:
Buffs - 31
Cardinal (doesn't have a good ring to it) - 23

Really excited to see Gillam and Gilbert Step up again on D.
Where has Don Lee been? Haven't heard anything about him in recent memory.

Considering we have beat the spread every week this season:
Buffs - 31
Cardinal (doesn't have a good ring to it) - 23

Really excited to see Gillam and Gilbert Step up again on D.
Where has Don Lee been? Haven't heard anything about him in recent memory.
Lindsay's been tough to pull off the field lately.

All, coaches just trust Kyle Evans more in the backfield.
Evans has been a pleasant surprise. I'd like to see Lee on the field more, but can't argue with what is out there regularly. I'm also a fan of Ento. I'd love to see him out there, but with the way Bobo and Ross have stepped up, can't argue it. Our WR corp is nasty as hell...and that's even with Winfree out for the season.

Granted, I don't know if his parents travel for every Stanford home game, but figured because of the Colorado connection with the family that there was a decent chance they'd at least attend the Buffs game. You know he'll want to play if mom & dad are in the stands, even if he isn't 100%.

Id say it's about a sure thing McCaffery will play. It might be limited but he'll go. I'd be surprised if not. Evans has been good, keep on doing it.

They were at the ND game last week when he didn't play, don't put too much stock in whether or not they travel

Okay, yeah, I wasn't aware how much they travel to watch him. I was thinking if it was only for a select couple of games, then he'd want to at least play in those games. If they travel to every game, then there's no reason to push your luck on a lingering injury in any one game.

Okay, yeah, I wasn't aware how much they travel to watch him. I was thinking if it was only for a select couple of games, then he'd want to at least play in those games. If they travel to every game, then there's no reason to push your luck on a lingering injury in any one game.
To be fair it would be hard to pass up an opportunity to go see a game there (for a peon like myself) but maybe it's just another game for them

Could be wrong but isn't it pretty rare to see a running back miss practice with an ankle injury and actually play that weekend? QB's are one things but it seems like if they can't even test it during the week coaches hold them out.

Could be wrong but isn't it pretty rare to see a running back miss practice with an ankle injury and actually play that weekend? QB's are one things but it seems like if they can't even test it during the week coaches hold them out.
Hmm not really or depends. Main factor is his pain tolerance. Idk what that is with him? Usually, at least what I know being around it, they'll doctor what he can run where he doesn't have to cut much. I don't know how Stanford approaches it.

Hmm not really or depends. Main factor is his pain tolerance. Idk what that is with him? Usually, at least what I know being around it, they'll doctor what he can run where he doesn't have to cut much. I don't know how Stanford approaches it.
I know it's about pain tolerance but running back is by far the worst position to have an ankle problem. I am just saying that I have noticed this year when running backs have been held out of practice with an ankle sprain, they usually do not play that weekend.

To be fair it would be hard to pass up an opportunity to go see a game there (for a peon like myself) but maybe it's just another game for them
I imagine that Ed travels anytime he doesn't have to work a Sunday Broncos game. Broncos are on MNF this week, were on Thursday last week. Or they could be at every game, money isn't exactly a problem for them. Anyway, back on target...

Buffs 87
Trees 3

I know it's about pain tolerance but running back is by far the worst position to have an ankle problem. I am just saying that I have noticed this year when running backs have been held out of practice with an ankle sprain, they usually do not play that weekend.
I understand, I wasn't disagreeing with you. That's just my experience with injuries like that. Hamstrings are always iffy too. I'd just think he'd wanna play. Whether he can or not, no idea.

Back