What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. UCLA Score Prediction Thread

So now we're not going to score points? Come on guys. We will score points just like we have all season.

42-39

Seriously tini, you need to stop swooping in and calling out people when they aren't completely drunk (and delusional) on the kool-aid that you are drinking. It's okay to let others state their predicted score in this thread without throwing a tantrum. Feel free to call people out if you actually turn out to be right for once.
Interestingly, the most homerific guy on the board was the closest. Maybe he's on to something... Don't forget to (pos) rep him.

I laughed but this is true. I'm completely dumbfounded what to think of this team any more. So many good and bad things happen in games with this team.

Yeah. It's weird. Usually if you've got a team that's losing turnover battles and also coming out flat in 1st and 3rd quarters to put itself into holes or sometimes having big calls go against it... but losing close games... it's because you've got the better, more talented team and it's snakebit for some reason. In our case, we're major underdogs with a talent deficit and we're in these heartbreaker close games despite those things happening.

We're not lucky, so maybe the team is better than we think it is from a talent perspective.

And yet you have still tried to call me out in several different threads about my predictions. So yeah, you do the same ****.

I don't care about anyone's predictions. The only reason I call you out is because you call people out for score predictions (really?) despite the fact that you've been wrong every single time this season... and offseason. And you continually shove that stuff down out throat

I don't care about anyone's predictions. The only reason I call you out is because you call people out for score predictions (really?) despite the fact that you've been wrong every single time this season... and offseason. And you continually shove that stuff down out throat
I'm pretty sure you're the only one who has been bringing up pre-season predictions (and still miss the fact that I said 5-7 is a whole helluva lot more likely than 6-6). I responded to Daaah saying we'd score more than 10 points...and we did. So in that regard my prediction was right.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one who has been bringing up pre-season predictions (and still miss the fact that I said 5-7 is a whole helluva lot more likely than 6-6). I responded to Daaah saying we'd score more than 10 points...and we did. So in that regard my prediction was right.

You don't get it.

Yeah. It's weird. Usually if you've got a team that's losing turnover battles and also coming out flat in 1st and 3rd quarters to put itself into holes or sometimes having big calls go against it... but losing close games... it's because you've got the better, more talented team and it's snakebit for some reason. In our case, we're major underdogs with a talent deficit and we're in these heartbreaker close games despite those things happening.

We're not lucky, so maybe the team is better than we think it is from a talent perspective.

Maybe physical talent. Mental toughness and a fierce competitive spirit is another thing. This team habitually turtles at one point or another. And it's in every game, even UMass and Hawaii.

Seems like maybe MacIntyre can take a page out of Boyle's playbook and focus on team psychology.

Some kind of bootcamp that really emphasizes overcoming adversity and settling for nothing short of achieving a difficult goal might be in order in prep for next season.

I forget which coach filled the locker room with foosball, pool tables, video game walls, and various activities that encouraged competition. Tournaments were always going on to crown the locker room champions. Everything became a competition, and those who managed to consistently do what it takes to win were rewarded. If someone wins at bowling, swimming, playing Madden, laser tag, chess, or whatever, you knew they had a killer instinct. Those are the teammates you want as captain.

The p12 network announcers last night said that HCKW at Utah had his team go through something like "the program" during fall camp, where the team spent a grueling day with some armed forces unit. At the end of the day, the team was expecting to go home. But instead they were instructed to go climb some mountain in the dark. By the end of the forced uphill climb, the team learned that mind can push a weary body and achieve difficult and uncomfortable tasks. I imagine that experience didn't hurt against USC last night.

With Boyle already pioneering The Program with the basketball team, there is a template in place that works within NCAA compliance boundaries. I like how each year's focus with the MBB team is different. Following that NCAA blowout against Pitt, the focus this year wasn't about physical toughness, but about effective leadership. It means a lot that Booker learned the difference between being a "chirper" and a leader. It's worthless to say "c'mon boys, you can do it." It's valuable to feel empowered and comfortable to tell your teammate specific material guidance. It was cool to see Josh Scott tied to a tough old soldier trying to win a 1-on-1 tug of war.

This kind of grit and toughness sure would be nice to see manifested by the Football team in the third quarter, in overtime, and at the opening whistle. It's a mental thing.

Maybe physical talent. Mental toughness and a fierce competitive spirit is another thing. This team habitually turtles at one point or another. And it's in every game, even UMass and Hawaii.

Seems like maybe MacIntyre can take a page out of Boyle's playbook and focus on team psychology.

Some kind of bootcamp that really emphasizes overcoming adversity and settling for nothing short of achieving a difficult goal might be in order in prep for next season.

I forget which coach filled the locker room with foosball, pool tables, video game walls, and various activities that encouraged competition. Tournaments were always going on to crown the locker room champions. Everything became a competition, and those who managed to consistently do what it takes to win were rewarded. If someone wins at bowling, swimming, playing Madden, laser tag, chess, or whatever, you knew they had a killer instinct. Those are the teammates you want as captain.

The p12 network announcers last night said that HCKW at Utah had his team go through something like "the program" during fall camp, where the team spent a grueling day with some armed forces unit. At the end of the day, the team was expecting to go home. But instead they were instructed to go climb some mountain in the dark. By the end of the forced uphill climb, the team learned that mind can push a weary body and achieve difficult and uncomfortable tasks. I imagine that experience didn't hurt against USC last night.

With Boyle already pioneering The Program with the basketball team, there is a template in place that works within NCAA compliance boundaries. I like how each year's focus with the MBB team is different. Following that NCAA blowout against Pitt, the focus this year wasn't about physical toughness, but about effective leadership. It means a lot that Booker learned the difference between being a "chirper" and a leader. It's worthless to say "c'mon boys, you can do it." It's valuable to feel empowered and comfortable to tell your teammate specific material guidance. It was cool to see Josh Scott tied to a tough old soldier trying to win a 1-on-1 tug of war.

This kind of grit and toughness sure would be nice to see manifested by the Football team in the third quarter, in overtime, and at the opening whistle. It's a mental thing.

Great post. Spot on.

So obviously we had no hope of completing any route to any receiver on any other down in the redzone at the end...
No just one quick example. UCLA has some good players in their secondary and they did a good job for the most part of locking us down.

No just one quick example. UCLA has some good players in their secondary and they did a good job for the most part of locking us down.

Ishmael Adams was the best college player on the field for either side yesterday.

Ishmael Adams was the best college player on the field for either side yesterday.

He also got called for a couple of PIs and is much shorter than our 'best player'...Spruce. Maybe we laid up for FGs to avoid completely obliterating Sefo's confidence with him giving the game away on an INT, but I would have rather them giving him a chance...

I'm not saying we shouldn't have gone down field more, just that UCLA'S secondary did a damn good job limiting the game in front of the safeties.

Ok we'll agree to disagree....but, agree that MacIntrye needs to be MORE AGGRESSIVE when opportunity knocks. Maybe he played it just as written in the coaching manual, but gambling a bit could have paid off in a big way

Ok we'll agree to disagree....but, agree that MacIntrye needs to be MORE AGGRESSIVE when opportunity knocks. Maybe he played it just as written in the coaching manual, but gambling a bit could have paid off in a big way
Maybe. When I get home I'm gonna look at the last drive plays and the OT plays and see what routes were ran

Oh goodie! Can't wait...

I know a lot of you don't like the guy (and I'm not a fan of the mindless dribble that the arguments b/w him and slider turn into), and that probably clouds your views of his posts, but at least he backs some of his arguments up with stats. That's more than 90% if the posters on here are willing to do. He might be brash but he often backs his **** up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back