What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. UMass Score Prediction Thread

I went and watched the BC vs UMass game this morning before replying to this post. UMass held their own for a half on defense. Their offense was just being dominated. They have a weak o-line...Buffs have a weak d-line. But the UMass D can play, it just got completely worn down from being on the field so much. This will be an interesting game. If the Buffs were at home I am sure they would win...but...that isn't the case. This is going to be a game. CU 20 UMass 17.

It's going to be a low scoring affair. UMass only cracked 7 points six times last year, though they do have a better QB this year. Buffs 24 UMass 10.

I'm extremely worried. This game reminds me of the Sacramento State game a couple years ago...not much to gain by winning, but losing is disaster. Like possible 0-12 disaster if we lose. I'm scared to death. I can totally see a 10-10 game at halftime and full on panic sets in.

Got to give it to you, your blind stupidity/faith is consistent. You were completely pantsed after constantly asserting the Buffs guaranteed dominance over CSU this year, along with trying to shout down anybody who had doubts about Colorado winning. Well done. :congrats:

You might want to get an avatar wearing a paper-bag over their head if Colorado loses again this week against a highly motivated UMass team that believes they can beat a bad P5 that has to travel across the country to play them. Another opponent with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Hell if we lose this game I'll personally put a paper bag on my face, take a picture, and use it was my avatar until the start of 2015.

UMass is really, really bad. We're just bad.

Buffs 31
UMass 21

If CU can't take this on there will be lots of Buff fans contemplating the cliff.

Edit: 'Tini, I'd like to see a paper bag over your face, but it's not going to happen. CU will win this game.

Last edited:
US: 13
Them: 33

And no, it's not a typo

I agree with this sentiment, though I'm not sure the score is as bad: 28-17 UMASS.

I am not sure what from this past week gives anyone the confidence that this will be a victory. Road game. This is still road-woeful buffs, until proven otherwise.

I am not sure they do either.

-signed Mont St 2006 and Sac St 2012

(I am pretty sure those were 2 cannot lose games as well)

And those would be an anomaly

UMass in the rankings vs. CU in the rankings
Sagarin: 189/87
Stat Geek: 126/99

Just a couple references

What were they before the game? Telling me how they have settled after the game is nonsensical.

Well they don't have week-by-week ratings that I can find so you won't get the answer you're looking for. I will say I remember on SG their model saying to take CSU +3 and I think their pick was CSU, so it's very likely they were rated ahead of us from the get go.

I say Buffs 48-10. We finally get to see Gehrke. Lindsay gets some carries at RB and they realize he and Adkins are our best running backs. Defense comes alive. Offense gets more creative but focuses on our own run game.

For all of you prognosticators wishing to witness just how the young Buffs might accomplish this rather challenging task.... a "road win".... It is apparently only available on ESPN 3. If you have Comcast you can watch it by signing in on your device of choice. I have it on Iphone, Ipad, and desktop PC via Comcast site.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/38/colorado-buffaloes

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/gameId/400548099/league/NCAAF#startDate/20140906/

No doubt ESPN 3 is available on other providers. Not sure if there is any other TV option picking up this game that we can access?

For all of you prognosticators wishing to witness just how the young Buffs might accomplish this rather challenging task.... a "road win".... It is apparently only available on ESPN 3. If you have Comcast you can watch it by signing in on your device of choice. I have it on Iphone, Ipad, and desktop PC via Comcast site.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/38/colorado-buffaloes

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/gameId/400548099/league/NCAAF#startDate/20140906/

No doubt ESPN 3 is available on other providers. Not sure if there is any other TV option picking up this game that we can access?

Rep. Anyone know if it's available on the xbox espn app?

Hell if we lose this game I'll personally put a paper bag on my face, take a picture, and use it was my avatar until the start of 2015.

UMass is really, really bad. We're just bad.

Quoted in case. Looking like you may be wearing that bag.

Back