What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Washington Score Prediction Thread

Shaq is dangerous and we need to plan for him. One of the more dynamic players we have faced all year. Think this is the game though. We have played a few defenses more talented that UW's and still are averaging 30+ pts and 400+ yds a game. UW offense has not shown they can keep up with that pace.

38-31 Buffs.

Is Cyler hurt? Anyone have any intel on their overall condition?

He had a concussion, was cleared to play vs ASU but held out for precautionary purposes. Will prob play this week.

As for why anyone would think we score less than 20 at home, kinda mind bottling.

Final thought, UDub has been using Shaq Thompson (their stud LB) as a primary RB (led the team in rushing v ASU). He seemed to get gassed pretty easy at home. Hopefully the altitude will crush him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sefo throws a pick on a potential game winning drive. We lose.

UW 33
CU 31

With Tedric Thompson: 38-20 Buffs. We get an early minor lead. Never trail and don't let a ****ty Washington offense get back into it.
Without Tedric Thompson: 38-35 Buffs. Ugly back and forth game where offense holds their end of bargain, but we FINALLY finish a team off with late TD but allow too many big plays.

Really surprised at the number of people picking the Buffs here ... they've outscored us 97-10 the last two years. We're vastly improved and they may be down a bit, but the talent gap is still large across the board.

UW 38 - CU 27

Really surprised at the number of people picking the Buffs here ... they've outscored us 97-10 the last two years. We're vastly improved and they may be down a bit, but the talent gap is still large across the board.

UW 38 - CU 27

New Coach, New Scheme for Udub and the Buffs haven't been an abortion of a football team this year..

Seems like the Buffs are playing to their competition this year (except for USC). Another close one, but I also think the Buffs pull it out this Saturday.

Buffs 27
Huskies 24

UW 38 - CU 27
I usually pick with my heart on these threads...

UW is on pace to have one of the worst offenses in Pac12 history (< 5 yards/play), set to join the 2012 Buffs. They have scored > 24 points once this year, against E. Washington. On paper, this is our best chance for a conference victory this season (including the close ones we've dropped).

Cyler isn't very good. Buffs win 28-17. Their two touchdowns are off Sefo interceptions and the field goal is off of a good return. Defense holds them to 200 total yards.

I don't see either team scoring 30. I'm not shocked everyone here is picking CU, but I would be surprised if we see a high scoring affair from either team.

UW's D features 4 players who could go in the first two rounds of the NFL draft. H.Kikaha coming off the edge is the all-time sack leader for UW as of last week, and currently leads the NCAA in sacks this year. D.Shelton is the best NT UW has had in decades and will be a force up the middle. Shaq Thompson has played middle LB for UW and as of last week took over RB duties. M. Peters is near the top of the corner list for the draft.

UW's secondary is the weak link on defense. Other than Peters, everyone in the backfield is pretty much comprised of youngsters and can be beat over the top or with good route running. The secondary is probably the most improved positional group over the course of the year though, and they get noticeably better each week. Budda Baker is really coming on in his role at safety. UW has a veteran front 7 with Rookie DBs in a nutshell.

I think Spruce can get behind UW. If Sefo can get the ball to him there then UW will be in trouble. If the Colorado backfield can have any success between the tackles then UW will have a long day and CU will likely win.

Miles may or may not see the field this week. He was held out last week due to concussion. He has the weakest arm of all UW QBs but has the most experience. He's generally good at not turning it over which is his main strength. I hope he doesn't play because he's the worst (IMO) UW QB in the past 25 years or so, and he's clearly not the long-term answer for UW. The guy just can't throw and he's not very mobile.

I have no idea if Troy Williams (RSFr) will see the field or not at QB but I can't take anything away from last week's game of his due to the severe weather. Williams by report has the best arm of the QBs, but his decision making has been poor resulting in turnovers. No QB in the world could have thrown in Husky Stadium last Saturday night. UW offense was completely inept in the weather-bowl last week. They've also looked terrible all year.

UW's top 3 RBs (Coleman, Washington and Callier) are all out with injury, which is why we saw Shaq at TB last week. I think UW may have won if he stayed on D down the stretch, but who knows. This glut of injuries to what used to be a position with depth has made the UW offense completely one-dimensional and without a QB who can hit receivers beyond 10 yards.

I think UW's defense will surprise some Buffs fans. The real key to this game is containing the UW offense, which is pretty much terrible. It doesn't matter how good UW's defense is if they are on the field all day.

I think special teams will play a big role in the outcome of this game.

I see a close game late in the fourth quarter decided on a couple of flukey plays.

UW 22
CU 18

Last edited:
UW's secondary is the weak link on defense. Other than Peters, everyone in the backfield is pretty much comprised of youngsters and can be beat over the top or with good route running. The secondary is probably the most improved positional group over the course of the year though, and they get noticeably better each week. Budda Baker is really coming on in his role at safety. UW has a veteran front 7 with Rookie DBs in a nutshell.

I think Spruce can get behind UW. If Sefo can get the ball to him there then UW will be in trouble. If the Colorado backfield can have any success between the tackles then UW will have a long day and CU will likely win.

UW 22
CU 18
Somewhere, Spruce is watching film and thinking it's about time he gets back to leading the nation in yards and TDs.

With all the talk about UW'S defense I was surprised to see that they are marginally better than both USC and UCLA and worse than ASU

Back