What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Cal vs Colorado Game Thread

Where was this against Stanford haha?

Team looked all around great today, good to see. Now it's time to root for Oregon State.

Great game, great crowd, great day. That is what big time basketball feels like. I cant wait to watch this thing grow in Boulder. Sweep the Oregon trip and we will be sitting pretty in the tourney

Dreamer here, if we sweep the Oregons and make it to the pac 12 title game where would our RPI stand?

Since last season we have owned Gutierrez. Just incredible keeping him to zero points and an almost nonexistent performance overall.

Since last season we have owned Gutierrez. Just incredible keeping him to zero points and an almost nonexistent performance overall.
A few numbers to show it.
G Jorge Gutierrez struggled against Colorado this season. In two games against the Buffaloes, including Sunday's 70-57 loss, Gutierrez shot 12 percent (3-for-25) from the field and scored seven points (3.5 ppg). Both numbers are well below his season averages of 13.5 ppg and 45.4 percent shooting.

Dreamer here, if we sweep the Oregons and make it to the pac 12 title game where would our RPI stand?
I would rather just win the conference tourney. We can beat anybody in this conference except stanford. Stanford could very well lose in their first matchup, but would have to get to the title game to place us if we maintain the #4 seed. Idk what our RPI would look like, but the ideal situation would be Oregon wins tonight moving them up to a top 50 ranking and we beat them thursday, Giving us 4 top 50 wins. That has to be good for our RPI right?

It would pretty good. I don't want to leave it up to the selection committee, but it would be hard for them to keep us out if we sweep the Oregon trip and get to the title game. Beating Cal today was huge for our confidence and our chances.

It would pretty good. I don't want to leave it up to the selection committee, but it would be hard for them to keep us out if we sweep the Oregon trip and get to the title game. Beating Cal today was huge for our confidence and our chances.
I honestly dont fear anyone in the pac 12 except for Stanford.

Going into today our RPI was 84 and Cal's was 35 so this win should move us back into the 70's and 2 conference road wins would certainly help even though neither team is that good.

I would rather just win the conference tourney. We can beat anybody in this conference except stanford. Stanford could very well lose in their first matchup, but would have to get to the title game to place us if we maintain the #4 seed. Idk what our RPI would look like, but the ideal situation would be Oregon wins tonight moving them up to a top 50 ranking and we beat them thursday, Giving us 4 top 50 wins. That has to be good for our RPI right?

UCLA worries me more than Stanford. Stanford's frontcourt depth creates some match-up problems, but we also put in our worst conference performance of the year on Thursday. With a better defensive effort, that game's a lot closer.

Our RPI is 75th right now. So today's win got us back to where we were before the loss to Stanford. It's a moot point, though, because we're not getting an at-large bid.

Our RPI is 75th right now. So today's win got us back to where we were before the loss to Stanford. It's a moot point, though, because we're not getting an at-large bid.
You are right, it would take some serious help from quite a few bubble teams to get us back in the discussion. By sweeping the oregon schools, and winning a few in the tournament, we may be able to grab another #1 seed in the NIT. Not the NCAA I know, but much better than being a low seed in the NIT

There are a lot of players who deserve praise for today, but I gotta give a huge shout-out to Simba. I don't know if it's the mask, having the CU Express all wearing his jersey or just finally feeling confident again, but dude was great today. The hooks looked solid and the jumper actually looked good.

If Simba can just play like he did today next season, we're going to be a lot more dangerous than everyone thinks.

There are a lot of players who deserve praise for today, but I gotta give a huge shout-out to Simba. I don't know if it's the mask, having the CU Express all wearing his jersey or just finally feeling confident again, but dude was great today. The hooks looked solid and the jumper actually looked good.

If Simba can just play like he did today next season, we're going to be a lot more dangerous than everyone thinks.
Channelling his inner Mosgov.

I agree with everyone who has said this before but Nate, Austin, and Simba all played excellent. With the exception of rebounding Simba played his best game. Simba even had a 15 foot jumper that I swore was going in. It was a good enough shot that if he was to take it another game I would certainly not complain.

Austin took a couple threes but his other shots were all going to the basket. He was not willing to settle for the jump shot. Even though the shot clock was running down, he was still attacking. It was really nice to see.

I was saying the entire game that the mask makes Simba 15% better. He played well, in fact, everyone played pretty well. Lets go own the state of Oregon now.

Maybe the mask makes Simba feel invincible while playing. Kinda like wearing a helmet while skiing.

I thought we had a better chance vs Cal then Stanford coming in. With that said, Gutierrez really sucked in both his games vs us this season

Back