What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Cal vs Colorado Game Thread

And Nate.

Heard Nate's comments on 850 on the drive home. Was very cool of him to give all the props for the shut down to Dinwiddie. On a day when the love was being piled on him it would have been easy to just soak up praise that was being dished out. Instead he made sure to pass it around. Nice show of class, and something that seems to be universal in Tad's culture.

Lots of credit has to go to the team defense / help defense. Even if someone got a step, there was nowhere to go. I can't remember a Buff game against a quality opponent that saw us do such a great job of limiting layups or points in the paint.

And Nate.

Nate played a great game (wish he could play like that all the time. He is so much better when he's aggressive) but I thought Nate was on 23(?). Either way, great defensive effort by the whole team.

Heard Nate's comments on 850 on the drive home. Was very cool of him to give all the props for the shut down to Dinwiddie. On a day when the love was being piled on him it would have been easy to just soak up praise that was being dished out. Instead he made sure to pass it around. Nice show of class, and something that seems to be universal in Tad's culture.

i thought that showed a lot about Nate, too. commented as such in chat or possibly in another thread. Nate's comments about how far he and Austin had come was stout. those guys were winning 6-8 games a year and the last two they've been on legit teams that played meaningful games into March.

those guys, nate and austin, higgins could be a lot like mike hatcher and some of Mac's early recruits, Embo, who bridged the wretched CU with the mighty CU.

Last edited:
Fox Sports SW had the replay on tonight. I really liked the ball movement, offensive movement (with the ball), and the vice-grips defense.

This team plays lousy as individuals, but plays great as a group. Let's hope the group is here to stay for the rest of this year.

One of the most exciting things about this game to me is that we played well... very well for most of the game. We did it without one of our biggest weapons. Carlon had 6 points but other than that didn't do much. This is the type of team I have been wanting to see all year. If Carlon can get his shot back, we could seriously make a run in the tourney. Honestly the way we played Sunday shows me just how good we can be. 95% percent of the team was clicking yesterday. Hopefully on thursday we can start getting 100%

Forgot about this last night until the girlfriend reminded me, but HUGE props to the mellophones (I think it was them, could have been trombones as I wasn't paying much attention at first). During the Supa Dupa Tuba Cheer, they got down in front of Chauncey and bowed down to him. It was great and you could tell Chauncey loved it.

The pep band has been absolutely amazing this year as well. They don't get the props that they deserve.

Forgot about this last night until the girlfriend reminded me, but HUGE props to the mellophones (I think it was them, could have been trombones as I wasn't paying much attention at first). During the Supa Dupa Tuba Cheer, they got down in front of Chauncey and bowed down to him. It was great and you could tell Chauncey loved it.

The pep band has been absolutely amazing this year as well. They don't get the props that they deserve.

Band is awesome. Mad props have been given to them from me for the past few years.

weren't Burks and Higgins right next to him?

weren't Burks and Higgins right next to him?
Yup. Burks was chilling at the bottom of the student section before the game with a #FreeTrey sign and he got a bit of a cheer (him and Higgins got a big one on Thursday) but nothing like Billups got.

Back