What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs ASU Basketball Game Thread

Short answer: he's incredibly quick and XT couldn't cut off his 1st step, relying on making Carson take tough shots over his length advantage instead. For the most part it worked & Carson wasn't given space to take jump shots in order to compensate.
Yep, he gets you to lean just a little bit, he's by you. Oh and nice work Slider.

I trust them so much at this point that I was excited instead of terrified. I said to Snow that I love how the Buffs were able to go into halftime with a lead despite only 2 combined points from Ski & XJ. I knew they'd get their's in the 2nd half.

That 2nd half (after sleepwalking the first couple minutes) was a thorough ass kicking. The only thing that kept the score from being a 15-20 point spread was that fortunate sequence ASU had when they hit like 4/5 from 3pt range during a short stretch. Only life they showed and the Buffs answered.

sounds like alcohol poisoning

I trust them so much at this point that I was excited instead of terrified. I said to Snow that I love how the Buffs were able to go into halftime with a lead despite only 2 combined points from Ski & XJ. I knew they'd get their's in the 2nd half.

That 2nd half (after sleepwalking the first couple minutes) was a thorough ass kicking. The only thing that kept the score from being a 15-20 point spread was that fortunate sequence ASU had when they hit like 4/5 from 3pt range during a short stretch. Only life they showed and the Buffs answered.

I said almost the same exact thing at half. My exact words were.."We will win this one. This is the type of game the Buffs win." Great team effort, great win, I think we win Saturday too. What a job of circling the wagons and coming together, the Coaches on down are really clicking and doing a tremendous job. Go Buffs.

I was in the same boat. We had 4 from xj + ski at halftime, and there was no way that would continue for both of them in the second half. One (or both) of them turning on and it would have been a rout.

What was the deal with the flagrant technical foul? I couldn't tell what was happening.

DT used his elbow to get around his post defender. standard.

Dip**** dipped his shoulder and DT's elbow rolled over top and hit him in the neck.

Flagrant because DT made contact above the shoulder...

Dip**** dipped his shoulder and DT's elbow rolled over top and hit him in the neck.

did DT actually make contact?

I don't like the flagrant called when someone is making a basketball play and there is incidental contact. I know it's the rule and accept that it was probably the correct call by the book, but it's a rule with which I disagree.

my takeaways from the game:

• students stepped up, can we leave them alone, at least until we get pissed over the Gameday turnout?
  • Dustin Thomas impressed me, at least in the first half. He had awesome energy and was under control
  • CU started 1 frosh and 3 sophomores last night. If CU fans aren't excited about this team and next years, there's something very wrong with you
  • Johnson was struggling with ball handling in the first half and shooting throughout
  • Gordon is still not 100%.
  • anyone who showed up late missed a great electric guitar version of the Star Spangled Banner. Traditionalists might hate on it, but that kid rocked in my book. didn't 'blow up' the way Hendrix's did, more stayed with the tune throughout
  • Not every turnover is a fast break opportunity -- sometimes you don't have numbers at the other end of the court
  • based on the ASU "pole dancer" and "stripper" references I've been reading on AB, I was expecting a higher degree of talent from the visiting fans.

Loved the electric Star Spangled Banner. Usually when someone does that it's the karaoke version of the Hendrix standard. But he did his own thing and it kicked ass.

• students stepped up, can we leave them alone, at least until we get pissed over the Gameday turnout?
  • Dustin Thomas impressed me, at least in the first half. He had awesome energy and was under control
  • CU started 1 frosh and 3 sophomores last night. If CU fans aren't excited about this team and next years, there's something very wrong with you
  • Johnson was struggling with ball handling in the first half and shooting throughout
  • anyone who showed up late missed a great electric guitar version of the Star Spangled Banner. Traditionalists might hate on it, but that kid rocked in my book. didn't 'blow up' the way Hendrix's did, more stayed with the tune throughout
  • Not every turnover is a fast break opportunity -- sometimes you don't have numbers at the other end of the court
  • based on the ASU "pole dancer" and "stripper" references I've been reading on AB, I was expecting a higher degree of talent from the visiting fans.

That is because you expected them to be at a Basketball game late at night. They were working.

Also, it was a great evening at the DH as well. Great time and nice to catch up with a bunch of you guys. The 9 PM start ensured we had time to have fun and get right before heading over to the Keg!

For me, the focus on the defensive end combined with rebounding was perhaps the best of the season.

DT was fantastc, minus the fouls. Really thought his energy was great, he attacked the basket early and he played under control.

Both Ski and XJ showed that they've matured - they don't let their mistakes get to them mentally. And teammates don't seem to get on each other for screw-ups. All this is important given the youth of the team.

The guitar rendition of the anthem set the tone for the fans and the C-Unit kept it going.

Tanning booths and blow ad age fast.

The guitar anthem was awesome. Kid really did a great job with that.

True dat (as the young folks say these days ... or so I'm told :huh:)

Fact is the students showed up big time (filled up two full sections and most of the section behind the band ... and major props to the band, who don't get enough cred IMOH).

And when the Buffs showed any sign of really gaining an advantage, the Keg was rocking like I haven't heard in a long time (disclosure: I wasn't at the KU game this year :huh:).

If the students and the season tix fans show up on Saturday and get vocal like they did against ASU, the Mildcats are in for a thrashing.

Back