What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Hadn’t looked at this thread since yesterday around lunch… it seems like the mood here has shifted very strongly from “oh no, Butch Jones part 2…” to “done deal.”

What’s changed? The hubris here has got me on edge.

Hadn’t looked at this thread since yesterday around lunch… it seems like the mood here has shifted very strongly from “oh no, Butch Jones part 2…” to “done deal.”

What’s changed? The hubris here has got me on edge.
Basically the smoke around Cincy and USF has essentially disappeared, and a lot of national guys are starting to say Prime is coming to Boulder with high levels of certainty. Could still all blow up, but it's looking like it's done.

I have this terrible feeling McChesney has been blowing Prime up lobbying for a job. If anyone is going to f**k this up by meddling it would be him. Hopefully RG warned Prime to just block that dude forever and his life will be much easier.

I have this terrible feeling McChesney has been blowing Prime up lobbying for a job. If anyone is going to f**k this up by meddling it would be him. Hopefully RG warned Prime to just block that dude forever and his life will be much easier.
Would be surprised if McChesney has his number and no one at CU would be stupid enough to give him Prime's number either.

supposed to be ready for fall 2026 so doubt Deion would stick around that long before jumping ship to a bigger program…hopefully just BS rumor

McChesney is all in on Deion. And of course he blurted out that he’d be open to being a D-line coach! Dempsey believes Deion will use it as a stepping stone job and will be gone in a year or two, his players will then jump and we will be back to square one.

McChesney is all in on Deion. And of course he blurted out that he’d be open to being a D-line coach! Dempsey believes Deion will use it as a stepping stone job and will be gone in a year or two, his players will then jump and we will be back to square one.
Even if that were true, and I am not convinced it is, what is the down side of shedding the "CU sucks", "Can't get coaches or players to go there", "Administration does not support FB" narratives off CU's back by having Prime here for a week, a month, a year or three years?

If Rick George manages to land Prime a lot of you are going to have some apologizing to do.
So, if I hired a cook, at a huge salary, and I got some below average meals, one pretty good one, and then food poisoning that damn near killed me, followed by a wonderful "get well soon" meal, exactly how much apologizing would be expected of me?

Back