What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

I don't think they would have gotten this far if they hadn't satisfied these things.

My biggest concern right now is that Prime will not work with Nike after their falling out and CU's Nike contract goes through 2024-25.
Eh, this is also something they have assuredly vetted and addressed

The "academic elites" thing is a laughabke boogeyman made up by conservatives over the years. The College of Arts & Sciences, for example, cares as much about the football team as the football team cares about a CU professor winning another Nobel prize.

Plus 2 to 3 more years.

This **** cant be fixed overnight.

Disagree. Deion + changes in transfer rules could have us bowling in two years - provided that the on the field product matches the off the field product.

He will bring the talent in, and combined with an actual change in getting kids through the portal, we'll have an upgrade in talent immediately.

OTOH, if he succeeds that rapidly, he's gonna get loads of money thrown at him by a Big Ten or SEC school. That buyout needs to be massive. A school that wants him bad enough will pay it, but that'll set us for the next round.

BS. They have cut the nuts out of this program since Barnett
Define "they."

If you mean risk adverse administrators who only care about not rocking the boat, then yeah, you're dead on accurate.

If you mean actual, real academic types, they dgaf as long as they aren't expected to make concessions to players in their own classrooms.

Define "they."

If you mean risk adverse administrators who only care about not rocking the boat, then yeah, you're dead on accurate.

If you mean actual, real academic types, they dgaf as long as they aren't expected to make concessions to players in their own classrooms.
The maga republicans obviously

Define "they."

See #firephildestefano thread for all the evidence you need. Phil is so beholden to the academic side that it is pathetic.

I don't necessarily think that Dion would be our best choice as a coach but because of his high profile and skill with handling the media he may be what we need to get CU football back into the conversation with the media, with recruits, with assistant coaches, and more.

One of the things I have seen with Dion is that he is very focused on promoting racial equity. He has been all about Black people getting a fair opportunity to advance economically and have representation not only on the field but in all aspects of society.

To that end I wonder how much it helps CU for Dion to see a school that has a senior athletic administrator who is Black, to see a school that has had almost as many Black head coaches as some other entire conferences have had.

I don't necessarily think that Dion would be our best choice as a coach but because of his high profile and skill with handling the media he may be what we need to get CU football back into the conversation with the media, with recruits, with assistant coaches, and more.

One of the things I have seen with Dion is that he is very focused on promoting racial equity. He has been all about Black people getting a fair opportunity to advance economically and have representation not only on the field but in all aspects of society.

To that end I wonder how much it helps CU for Dion to see a school that has a senior athletic administrator who is Black, to see a school that has had almost as many Black head coaches as some other entire conferences have had.

I just saw Mickey Joseph is Nebraskas first black head coach ever. Not just for football but for any sports team. In the entire athletic departments history.

Disagree. Deion + changes in transfer rules could have us bowling in two years - provided that the on the field product matches the off the field product.

He will bring the talent in, and combined with an actual change in getting kids through the portal, we'll have an upgrade in talent immediately.

OTOH, if he succeeds that rapidly, he's gonna get loads of money thrown at him by a Big Ten or SEC school. That buyout needs to be massive. A school that wants him bad enough will pay it, but that'll set us for the next round.
I think we have to temper that a bit, iirc, there's limitations to transfers based on "original class" etc.
I don't think we can go out and grab that many transfers, although I admit, I used to be much more up to speed on this **** when it was actually relevant to our program and I actually gave a ****.

Now I find myself starting to wake up from a long slumber and I'm not sure I'm up to speed with transfer rules so I post this, hoping to be corrected.
And **** you Rick George, because I gave up my 22 year run of season ticket holder because you hired Kardboard and I held on thru a bunch of ugly garbage waiting for a return to glory and finally, I lost hope.

Last edited:
The "academic elites" thing is a laughabke boogeyman made up by conservatives over the years. The College of Arts & Sciences, for example, cares as much about the football team as the football team cares about a CU professor winning another Nobel prize.

197.gif

she’s followed by Coach Prime on twitter

CU offers Sanders HC job to “show” they are serious about football and trying to make a big splash. They know he isn’t going to accept it.

Sanders uses CU offer to leverage getting a job elsewhere. He knows CU is a death sentence for any coach, especially now with NIL and Transfer Portal

i could not imagine a fish further out of water then Sanders in Boulder.

Maybe everyone can speak it actually happening into existence, but I highly doubt it.

Food Cart was never coming here, but boy did his agent leverage that into a sweet deal at Tennessee.

Same for Sark getting a nice raise at Alabama. He was never coming to CU. He knew if he stayed a while longer he could get a massively better job in less than a year

After we lose out on Sanders and one more bigger name. Then its an easy win to hire Walters, promote Sanford, or hire some FCS coach who can Quadruple his and his assistants incomes, so is willing to put up with anything just to get the chance at a P5

CU offers Sanders HC job to “show” they are serious about football and trying to make a big splash. They know he isn’t going to accept it.

Sanders uses CU offer to leverage getting a job elsewhere. He knows CU is a death sentence for any coach, especially now with NIL and Transfer Portal

Maybe everyone can speak it actually happening into existence, but I highly doubt it.

Food Cart was never coming here, but boy did his agent leverage that into a sweet deal at Tennessee.

Same for Sark getting a nice raise at Alabama. He was never coming to CU. He knew if he stayed a while longer he could get a massively better job in less than a year

After we lose out on Sanders and one more bigger name. Then its an easy win to hire Walters, promote Sanford, or hire some FCS coach who can Quadruple his and his assistants incomes, so is willing to put up with anything just to get the chance at a P5

While I agree that some of this is true but I also think that it's great that CU is legitimately pursuiing Deion, which would therefore in turn give him true reign to run a program and recruit the way he wants to in Boulder.

Death sentence for a coach? Midnight got 95 milli after going 5-7 here.

I was talking in terms of being successful on the field. Bank account? Huge win - yes!
I think a massive bank roll is what most coaches are after, so I disagree with you that cu is a career death sentence. If you want to argue that cu has proved to be an excellent stepping stone job recently, I agree.

Colorado and the coolness of the Buffs back in the 90's could have been imprinted on Deion and he could remember how good we were as he wrapped up his College career and that intrigues him enough to be part of the program. We were once a very COOL program, would be amazing to be cool again

Ooooohhh, ripe for a bunch of thumbs down.

You’re not allowed to say that.

While I agree that some of this is true but I also think that it's great that CU is legitimately pursuiing Deion, which would therefore in turn give him true reign to run a program and recruit the way he wants to in Boulder.
Why would he get to, but Tucker, MM, Hawkins, etc wouldn’t?

Ooooohhh, ripe for a bunch of thumbs down.

You’re not allowed to say that.
Sanders loves the spotlight right?
Why then would you leave the South, where all of your college and coaching roots are, where the fan bases are rabid, where you have all kinds of fame and support, where with continued success could land you an SEC job, to come coach in Boulder?
It just doesn’t seem like good fit or a job you would take. Why re-locate your coaches, family, etc to Colorado when you are likely to get some great offers right where you are?

I’m in school. I can tell you without a doubt that these people aren’t just made up boogeymen. They exist and there are plenty of them.

Sanders loves the spotlight right?
Why then would you leave the South, where all of your college and coaching roots are, where the fan bases are rabid, where you have all kinds of fame and support, where with continued success could land you an SEC job, to come coach in Boulder?
It just doesn’t seem like good fit or a job you would take. Why re-locate your coaches, family, etc to Colorado when you are likely to get some great offers right where you are?
Will not go from HBCU to sec. He needs a lower level power 5 on his resumé, and we are just that. And as Deion has stated numerous times, his goal is to get his guys paid. And they can be paid a lot more here than in Jackson Mississippi.

Back