What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

After we lose out on Sanders and one more bigger name. Then its an easy win to hire Walters, promote Sanford, or hire some FCS coach who can Quadruple his and his assistants incomes, so is willing to put up with anything just to get the chance at a P5
This has been my sentiment all along. Would Sanders change the trajectory of the program and make us nationally relevant? Yep. Is he coming to Boulder? Nope. Without changing the PTD requirements, creating an academic pathway for athletes to transfer in their credits and earn a degree, and loosening the mandatory 48 credit hours to graduate with a degree, this is an exercise in futility for any coach. Relying on graduate transfers with one year of eligibility to build a roster is not a pathway to relevance, much less a winning program.

I doubt Bronco and Herman “cooled” on us; we couldn’t deliver what they need. Personally, I’ve had my money on Walters since we fired Doral, he’s the only one with a “tie” to the program that would come here out of some sense of duty/nostalgia. Rick has 8 days left to convince Phil to make the changes listed above to not make next season a complete waste. Don’t see it happening. 2023 is a lost year before the first kickoff most likely.

Maybe by 2025, if we can keep 60% of the current roster and some continuity, I can see us eking out a 6-6 season to a low tier bowl. Without changes, we are just a farm team for the serious programs. As it stands, we still have cool uniforms, an awesome mascot, and a beautiful campus.

Sorry for the doom right after Turkey Day, but I’ve never been this down on the program in my 34 years of being a fan. It’s not fun anymore, and I don’t see a time when it will be in the near future. Congrats to the seniors and I wish them the best, those underclassmen that choose to leave for brighter horizons, I understand and do not blame you.

This has been my sentiment all along. Would Sanders change the trajectory of the program and make us nationally relevant? Yep. Is he coming to Boulder? Nope. Without changing the PTD requirements, creating an academic pathway for athletes to transfer in their credits and earn a degree, and loosening the mandatory 48 credit hours to graduate with a degree, this is an exercise in futility for any coach. Relying on graduate transfers with one year of eligibility to build a roster is not a pathway to relevance, much less a winning program.

I doubt Bronco and Herman “cooled” on us; we couldn’t deliver what they need. Personally, I’ve had my money on Walters since we fired Doral, he’s the only one with a “tie” to the program that would come here out of some sense of duty/nostalgia. Rick has 8 days left to convince Phil to make the changes listed above to not make next season a complete waste. Don’t see it happening. 2023 is a lost year before the first kickoff most likely.

Maybe by 2025, if we can keep 60% of the current roster and some continuity, I can see us eking out a 6-6 season to a low tier bowl. Without changes, we are just a farm team for the serious programs. As it stands, we still have cool uniforms, an awesome mascot, and a beautiful campus.

Sorry for the doom right after Turkey Day, but I’ve never been this down on the program in my 34 years of being a fan. It’s not fun anymore, and I don’t see a time when it will be in the near future. Congrats to the seniors and I wish them the best, those underclassmen that choose to leave for brighter horizons, I understand and do not blame you.
It’s almost like you aren’t paying attention

Through all the sulking you must’ve missed that they are working on transfer requirements

this post made me want to jump off my balcony head first btw

Sanders loves the spotlight right?
Why then would you leave the South, where all of your college and coaching roots are, where the fan bases are rabid, where you have all kinds of fame and support, where with continued success could land you an SEC job, to come coach in Boulder?
It just doesn’t seem like good fit or a job you would take. Why re-locate your coaches, family, etc to Colorado when you are likely to get some great offers right where you are?
Because a big time school isn't going to call until he proves he can do it at the P5 level.

What other schools are offering him? Nothing has come out other than USF and CU nor can he get much better than he did at JSU this year.

Why would Adam and Howell (much less weight here) publish what they have if it was very unlikely? Not Adam's MO.

I’m in school. I can tell you without a doubt that these people aren’t just made up boogeymen. They exist and there are plenty of them.
While a lot of academics don’t hate football, some have a grudge against it because they have a zero sum game outlook on budgets.

When they see AD budgets and coaches salaries they imagine that those dollars would be available to their departments if…if…only.

They just see fat guys in sweatshirts with clipboards on TV every Saturday making $5 million/year and it doesn’t seem fair to them.

This doesn’t apply only to CU.

Last edited:
It’s almost like you aren’t paying attention
Last I heard they formed a committee to look at the transfer rules. Motion is not progress. I can see minor tweaks to admissions and credits coming out of it; not the wholesale changes needed.

Regardless, we have maybe 2 years, best case scenario 10 years, to matter again before we’re part of the lower 64.

Last I heard they formed a committee to look at the transfer rules. Motion is not progress. I can see minor tweaks to admissions and credits coming out of it; not the wholesale changes needed.

Regardless, we have maybe 2 years, best case scenario 10 years, to matter again before we’re part of the lower 64.
You might want to update your hearing.

Dude.... Catch up on some of the articles being written

While a lot of academics don’t hate football, some have a grudge against it because they have a zero sum game outlook on budgets.

When they see AD budgets and coaches salaries they imagine that those dollars would be available to their departments if…if…only.

They just see fat guys in sweatshirts with clipboards on TV every Saturday making $5 million/year and it doesn’t seem fair to them.

This doesn’t apply only to CU.
Yes it does

Rooney laying some nice groundwork for disappointment here:
“the transfer issue is not as monumental an issue as it's being made out to be.”
…not really sure about that. Losing our starting corners, safety, 2 wide receivers, and our RB probably made a difference this year. Especially with no ability to backfill. We weren’t going to win 10 games with them, but we would have won more than one.

Attachments

• E81AFF97-B045-49CE-8282-A5C53C058616.jpeg
    E81AFF97-B045-49CE-8282-A5C53C058616.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 38
USF 247 site just put out its hot board 3.0 with commentary on Prime.

[subscription to 247 required]

LOL- 247 Colorado has 15 pages of commentary to S Florida's 2 and both threads were released around the same time Wednesday.

I know I'm biased but CU IS the better choice IF Sanders wants to leave Jackson St.

Back