What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ OU prediction thread

Stoops has this uncanny tendency to keep in his starters LONG after a game is decided. He runs it up in a way where he can say "Ah shucks, we weren't trying to run things up" and get away with it in the hOUmer media here. This will be ugly because Stoops is mad, OU has something to prove now and Big 12 refs will collude against us to complete a trifecta of horrors on national TV. Luckily Oregon-USC will overshadow us.

OU 66
CU 6

Dan bursts into flames during the post game interview and has to be sprayed with a fire extinguisher filled with holy water.

OU - 86
CU - 2

OU goes for 2 every time they score a TD and get it every time except the very last one, where some 4th string QB throws a pick that's returned by Jimmy Smith for 2. Stoops cuts that guy on the spot. CU picks him up off waivers somehow and he starts the rest of the year :)

I originally predicted that we would score 3 points. Now I'm worried that OU may have studied the film from last week and discovered the Double Eagle Bear defense. Looking like a shutout.

I originally predicted that we would score 3 points. Now I'm worried that OU may have studied the film from every game that Cody has ever started and discovered the blitz. Looking like a shutout.

FIFY.

63-7 Blow U sounds about right.

Colorado 14
Oklahoma 51

I think this goes alot like the Texas game last year, where CU does some good things early, plays some inspired ball for their embattled coach, and jumps out to a lead. Then, at the precise time Oklahoma wakes up, the Buffs remember who they are playing for and the coaching staff makes zero adjustments, and the Sooners win going away. We've always played these F'ers tough (expect for CCGs), but Stoops is the type of guy who says "we never have to face them again, so sportsmanship be damned."

Colorado 14
Oklahoma 51

I think this goes alot like the Texas game last year, where CU does some good things early, plays some inspired ball for their embattled coach, and jumps out to a lead. Then, at the precise time Oklahoma wakes up, the Buffs remember who they are playing for and the coaching staff makes zero adjustments, and the Sooners win going away. We've always played these F'ers tough (expect for CCGs), but Stoops is the type of guy who says "we never have to face them again, so sportsmanship be damned."

I predicted 38-14 earlier in this thread, for the same reason--goes alot like Texas last year.

I'll also predict that of the 50+ passes we'll see, 10 will be HB screens or bubble screens, 25 will be in the 0-5 yard range, 10 will be in the 5-15 yard range, and 5 will be deep balls.

Do I stand alone? 27-24 BABY

Man, I'd like to be there with you, but it'd take a huge blind leap of faith. More power to you though, brother!!

I will be rooting hard for Cody and the rest of the players to play well, they need and deserve a good showing on nat'l tv, in spite of the continued coaching debacle.

Back