What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU v. Oregon State In-Game Thread

OMG - were you by us when he did it? That is so funny because yep - that was his shoe. We actually left in the 3rd quarter and got it on our way home. That is hilarious that you saw it though.

Colorful choice in shoes

That traffic sucked. Missed sacky-gate. Now got 3 dozen Krispy Kreme's meant for all you svelte *******!!

Reading this thread from start to finish was awesome (and hilarious - particularly the beginning). The atmosphere at the game was the best I've seen in years. The beer lines were LONG - and worth it. Great game with opportunity to improve even more substantially. USC is going to be a tough game but definitely winnable.

Anybody notice that every 5-6 plays or so, there was a Beaver down and play stoppage until they helped him off the field? That is a sign of a team getting completely physically dominated.

Biggest conference win since 1992.

The RiseIsReal.

Those guys at bennyshouse were right. They were connecting a lot of short passes and running fairly well, but Garretson missed a bunch of wide open receivers. We won't have that luxury against USC. We need to step it up against them.

Those guys at bennyshouse were right. They were connecting a lot of short passes and running fairly well, but Garretson missed a bunch of wide open receivers. We won't have that luxury against USC. We need to step it up against them.
They avereged like 3 yards a carry and only got 120 yards or so... don't know if that is exactly "running fairly well"

OSUs o-line was physical and pushed CU around at the point of attack early on and their RBs were able to get to the second level. But in classic bend-but-don't-break fashion CU made defensive stops when it mattered.

OSUs o-line was physical and pushed CU around at the point of attack early on and their RBs were able to get to the second level. But in classic bend-but-don't-break fashion CU made defensive stops when it mattered.

Though OSU had some 5-10 yard runs, they were incapable of moving the chains by running (except for the first drive.) That's good defense.

There's a weird narrative going around that our defense was mediocre yesterday.126 rushing yards on 34 carries and 100 passing yards given up. Oh and 6 pts (0 TDs). That's the definition of dominant defensive performance.
It isn't weird. Yeah, we dominated. But early on they were getting a lot of push up front. And I don't think we put that much pressure on the QB. He had a lot of time often. USC will try to exploit that. Another thing to look for is that OSU tried attacking our perimeter. I think that will be a theme the rest of the way. Apparently our opponents view that as something they believe they can exploit.

Maybe you're satisfied. But I sure as hell hope our staff isn't. There is always something to fix.

It isn't weird. Yeah, we dominated. But early on they were getting a lot of push up front. And I don't think we put that much pressure on the QB. He had a lot of time often. USC will try to exploit that. Another thing to look for is that OSU tried attacking our perimeter. I think that will be a theme the rest of the way. Apparently our opponents view that as something they believe they can exploit.

Maybe you're satisfied. But I sure as hell hope our staff isn't. There is always something to fix.
I want my shut out. Usc would be acceptable.

Early on, as in the opening series? Teams should never be satisfied and always looking for improvement, but through 5 games, CU is 13th in the country in yards allowed/game (just behind Clemson) and 12th overall in defensive efficiency (1st in the P12 - Ahead of Washington) at 82.4.

They avereged like 3 yards a carry and only got 120 yards or so... don't know if that is exactly "running fairly well"
First OSU drive: Bolden Jr. ran for 10, sack, Nall for 6, incomplete pass
Second OSU drive: Garretson ran for 7, complete pass for 9, Nall for 3, incomplete pass, complete pass for 9, Nall for 4, Garretson ran for 3 twice, incomplete pass, Nall for 6, incomplete pass, 32 yd FG

Too lazy (and not really trying to get into an argument) to keep this up, but in those 2 drives they ran 8 times for 42 yds. They had a lot of early success running but Garretson couldn't hit some open receivers. I thought subbing Blount in the 2nd half was a mistake, they really need to get Garretson in a rhythm of some kind, if that's possible. But Blount isn't the answer.

Darnold >> Garretson/Blount. Garretson missed several wide open receivers, and as the game wore on their running game got worse. We can't expect USC to execute that poorly, so it seems clear to me that we need to step up our defense.

I Did Not Read the above, but I flew in from CA to visit my daughter and see the game. The pre game fan thing inside the practice facility was awesome, and will be a new tradition. The whole atmosphere around the stadium had a great buzz, and there were more people attending this game than in the past several years, even though it was a 12:30 game. The students are all into it as well. Nothing succeeds like a bit of success. This program and fan base were starved for it. That being said, it's one game at time. I'm gonna go to the USC game at the Coliseum Saturday. The Trojans seem to have righted their ship, so it will be a battle.

Just watched the highlights...

Drew Lewis is legit
It's pretty cool Gamboa had a pick 6 on a play that'svery similar to the one he caused vs CSU
Random thought but it was good to see Gehrke get some PT. He's plugged away for 3 years with not a ton to show. He could have easily left which would have screwed us during the Spring. Great Buffalo

First OSU drive: Bolden Jr. ran for 10, sack, Nall for 6, incomplete pass
Second OSU drive: Garretson ran for 7, complete pass for 9, Nall for 3, incomplete pass, complete pass for 9, Nall for 4, Garretson ran for 3 twice, incomplete pass, Nall for 6, incomplete pass, 32 yd FG

Too lazy (and not really trying to get into an argument) to keep this up, but in those 2 drives they ran 8 times for 42 yds. They had a lot of early success running but Garretson couldn't hit some open receivers. I thought subbing Blount in the 2nd half was a mistake, they really need to get Garretson in a rhythm of some kind, if that's possible. But Blount isn't the answer.

Darnold >> Garretson/Blount. Garretson missed several wide open receivers, and as the game wore on their running game got worse. We can't expect USC to execute that poorly, so it seems clear to me that we need to step up our defense.

This is same as what I saw, I was thinking in the first quarter that if their QB is Sefo-like accurate, they would have taken the 14-0 lead. Quite a few wide open throw wasted by the QB. Not going to happen against Darnold. This kid is good.

I have no doubt that with Darnold being QB we would still won the OSU game, we are just overall better. but I'm worries about the USC game.

Some impressions on some of the guys:

1. Jimmie Gilbert had his best day as a Buff. So cool to see. Not only did we need it, but circumstances with the McCartney injury meant that he had to step up or there would be a hole in the defense. Dude responded and is absolutely thriving.

2. Other linebackers also improving. Gamboa remains solid and reliable, which also led to a TD. Olugbode is playing at an all-conference level (it was his recognition/ anticipation that caused the interception Gamboa was able to snag). Falo is coming along. He hits like a brick ****house. The guy he laid out on that kickoff coverage is probably still feeling that hit. Gillam playing more snaps and got extended action on Saturday & looked like he's getting a lot more comfortable/ aggressive. He's close to breaking out. Lewis is also getting comfortable/ aggressive and looks like he is going to be a player. Last, Hasselbach has been one hell of a pleasant surprise. Doing a good job of setting the edge and starting to be disruptive. I am very encouraged about this LB group moving forward.

3. As good as we think our CBs are... they're better. They made Bolden look like "just a guy" at WR. Had no trouble with that dude's speed while locked into single man coverage. Wow.

4. DL was nasty again. One of the big positives on Saturday is that the 2s and 3s were able to get a lot of game snaps to keep building that depth.

5. On offense, we finally had Keeney and Adkins sightings. Keeney had a beautiful catch in traffic. Guy could be such a weapon. Adkins showed once again how talented he is when he finally entered the game.

6. Julmisse is starting to look very comfortable on KO returns and becoming a weapon back there. Played well at DB at the end, too.

7. Last, but far from least -- the OL had its best game of the season. Run game was there from the start and opened up the entire offense. Montez had all day to throw and plenty of room to move around to find lanes when OSU brought pressure. Did a great job on the couple screen passes, too. Great to see, because they are the key to beating USC this week.

Anybody have a clip of the kick-off hit? Figured it was pretty good, KOA dude about **** himself lol. Good to hear about Lewis too, been waiting for that.

Ada Boy to the coaches also...They have been out coaching the other teams all season so far. Also putting our players in individual winnable situations.

Ada Boy to the coaches also...They have been out coaching the other teams all season so far. Also putting our players in individual winnable situations.

This.

Not only have the coaches outcoached the other team in every game, they've coached circles around a couple of them. It's too bad that the Michigan game ended up the way it did, because I would have loved to hear people explaining how MM outcoached the great Harbaugh.

Anybody have a clip of the kick-off hit? Figured it was pretty good, KOA dude about **** himself lol. Good to hear about Lewis too, been waiting for that.

The highlight reel material from Saturday will be epic.

In my mind, the award for most athletic play is a toss-up bewtween Tedrick's sideline pick and Oliver's summersault pass break-up.

But, yeah, Gamboa's hit made me cringe. And then cheer.

Back