What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ Washington State preiction thread

I know WSU is going to win I am just too frightened to actually think on how bad the score may end up being.

55-10

Ruggedvision: 3 straight nights of blacking out; 2 girls, 3 good [redacted] stories, and great memories of everything but the one quarter of football we see.

Wazzu: 45
CU: 17.

This thread is perfectly titled: The D is left out, just like when the Buffs play.....

Wazzu 113
Buffs 0

At the post-game press conference Embree starts out saying he's still confident they can get it turned around. When asked what's gone wrong, he says he doesn't know. Then he says, "At the end of the day, everyone has to do a better job." Embree is allowed to finish out the season.

I predict Embree says the same thing he said at Fresno State for the final 9 games

"We just walked into a buzzsaw tonight" No...you created the "buzzsaw" because you're the most incompetent staff in the history of college football.

Not knowing what is wrong after 3 games of this = nail in the coffin for me. I can't support giving JE another year with results coming in like this.

I predict lots of great pics of hotties wearing CU hats, but in the end, everyone strikes out:popcorn:

I predict lots of great pics of hotties wearing CU hats, but in the end, everyone strikes out:popcorn:
Most likely. Although none of us have ever seen Teets in full go mode. I was similarly shackled at Ohio State. Rugged, now, he delivers entertainment consistently. Here's to hoping some co-eds take pity on us. :lol:

Most likely. Although none of us have ever seen Teets in full go mode. I was similarly shackled at Ohio State. Rugged, now, he delivers entertainment consistently. Here's to hoping some co-eds take pity on us. :lol:

It will be had to compete for pity lovin that weekend. You'll have 85 guys in town who will also be in need of pity.

Wazzu 113
Buffs 0
Just no way. No way. Please. No way.

Embree's got twice as long to recruit and know his players. Leach arrived without any trusted assistants. His is easily the most complicated offensive scheme in the NCAA. There is NO WAY that Leach should hold any advantage over Embree & Co.

Yet it's Embree that is facing an absolutely must-have win. Because we're already seeing two weeks of "CU Football is worst in country" comments and blogs. Embree's only got one more chance before facing the meat of Pac-12 opposition.

If he doesn't get a win THIS WEEK, then he'll be facing 10 weeks (including 1 bye week) of having every recruit read and hear "CU Football is the worst in the country." Ten weeks.

It's one thing to be bad. To have a down season or two. But "Worst"? Can you imagine good players telling their friends, "I'm choosing The Worst Program in Football rather than USC, LSU, Florida, Notre Dame, Stanford..."

I can't. Players who'd choose "The Worst Program In The Country" are still choosing Their Best Offer.

If Embree waits until a victory over Utah, those prospects will have still heard 10 weeks of "CU Football Is The Worst" and then maybe some bowl-game commentator will say, "Yeah, but Embree did beat Utah! He's not The Worst!"

Yeah. Right.

No, Embree must win THIS WEEK. (Of course, taking down USC and Oregon would be acceptable, too!)

What about Leach, though? Leach isn't in a great situation. He's literally in "the only place available". Pullman's so isolated that they were able to cover up the King Of Juarez Strip Club antics (er, Mike Price). Once he escaped Pullman, all of that was exposed. Uh. Literally. Leach has a very small chance to rehab what's left of his reputation.

He needs to win, too. He needs to win big. Think he doesn't know this? Think he's not hoping for a huge, headline-shocking score?

In fact, a close win may be worse than a loss for him. He can probably say, "Just don't have the pirates aboard yet..." as his excuse for a 10-20 point loss. "Turnovers!" Something like that.

He needs a blow-out victory. His win last week at UNLV was puny, considering the low-quality of UNLV. That's probably a moral loss, in fact. And he's got 6 weeks before the Utah game, and no other prospects for any wins in sight.

He needs this victory bad. And he probably needs a BIG margin victory, too.

Back