What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ Washington State preiction thread

DD Goodson returns a punt for the win. Has anybody seen him since CSU btw? Cant predict the score, said I wouldnt anymore.

I wanted to see what trends that Sac State (our worst opponent) and Washington State (our next likeliest win) might offer, in view of their "quality of competition" index.

Sac State has played ten games a season since 2000 against Div-1AA opponents, and since 2002, has played one Div-1 program. They are 2-10, including the two-loss season in 2007 when they were defeated by Fresno and mighty New Mexico, that temple of NCAA football greatness.

2000 7-4 (no Div1 opponents)
2001 2-9 (no Div1 opponents)
2002 5-7...Opening loss 42-12 to UTEP
2003 2-9...Opening loss Oregon State, 40-7
2004 3-8...Opening loss Nevada 59-7
2005 2-9...Opening loss 41-3 Cal
2006 4-7...Opening loss 45-0 Boise State
2007 3-8...Opening loss 24-3 Fresno, and a Game 3 loss to New Mexico, 58-0
2008 6-6...Game 2 loss at Colorado State, 23-20.
2009 5-6...Opening loss 38-3 UNLV
2010 6-5...Opening loss 52-17 Stanford
2011 4-7...Opening WIN 29-28 Oregon State
2012 tbd...Game 2 win over Colorado, 30-28

The worst team we've faced this season has had 2 winning seasons in the past 12. I included these decade-plus seasons to indicate their routine losing seasons even in their lower-division ranks.

The next game we play is against Washington State, and I've only tracked back to two seasons, since that was enough for them to determine on a new direction, new coach, etc.

2010 2-10...Beat Div-1AA Montana State barely, 23-22, then at the end of the season, beat Oregon State 31-14 - the same Oregon State that would lose to Sacramento State in 2011.

2011 4-8...Opened with a 64-21 over Div 1AA Idaho State, then a big 59-7 win over UNLV. After a loss at San Diego State, WSU came to Boulder and beat Embree's team 31-27. I remember that loss was often characterized by "New Coach losing to Experienced Coach". Wash State would only win one more game, against hapless Ariz State, 37-27, then dumped their coach after the end of the season.

So this weekend, Pay Back Time.

Here comes a shootout! The Buffs are angry and looking to tame some Cougars, while the Cougars think of this game as a gimmie and aren't focused. Greg Brown and the defense get a bit healthy this week by at least slowing down Leach and company. The Cougars endure several short drives that end up in a punt, allowing the CU offense to have several opportunities with the ball. Webb and the running game finally has a great game! Wright or Crawley will have a pick 6 early in the game to give CU some momentum.

Prediction: CU 39, WSU 38
Barkeep, I'll take two of whatever this man is drinking.

WSU-38, CU-24

WSU has good players on O, but the timing is still off a bit. Our run D is decent, but passing D makes bad QB's look all world. Do not be suprised if your QB('s) churn out over 300 yards passing (see UNLV last week).

I just don't see the players & coaches rallying and getting this thing turned even remotely in the right direction. Hope I'm wrong though.

CU - 10
WSU - 41

CU scores more than normal thanks to a weak WSU defense but we are still defeated because we can't stop anyone. WSU wins 45-24

CU 14
WSU 37

Predicting better effort and emotion but still looking for a leader in the locker room.....

We were AWFUL last week. Moving EB to the sidelines will do nothing. Looking forward to Tony Jones running into Munyer's back again.

L 52-10

CU 24-WSU21; Ralphie are you READY!!! An unscheduled family reunion back at Boulder this weekend...GO Buffs!!

Game starts at 4 here. My wife asked if I wanted to go out to dinner and I said after the game is over and she asked when that was and I said probably about 4:30.....zing.....she didn't get it....

:nod:

One day closer... and it still is a Must Win for Embree & Co. We've already seen double-posts on the Bottom 10 - both for the same week. Fortunately, I'm sure none of the prospects pay attention to those things, probably none read SI or ESPN sports tweets, pages, etc.

But to be safe, a win against Wash State will remove us as The Worst Football Program.

If by some chance we manage to beat WSU what kind of meltdown will their fans go into?

If by some chance we manage to beat WSU what kind of meltdown will their fans go into?

yemen-us-embassy-attack-09-2012.jpg

Rugged, Snow, and teets better run.

One day closer... and it still is a Must Win for Embree & Co. We've already seen double-posts on the Bottom 10 - both for the same week. Fortunately, I'm sure none of the prospects pay attention to those things, probably none read SI or ESPN sports tweets, pages, etc.

But to be safe, a win against Wash State will remove us as The Worst Football Program.
Bull****

Tini, I've been in an increasingly foul mood since Sunday morning's wake-up and the realization that 69-14 was - apparently - real. Still real. That losing to Sac State was real. Still real. Foul moods have me lampooning all the sunshine pumpers. HARpooning would be a more satisfactory outcome.

That said...

I still haven't seen ONE ARGUMENT against why this shouldn't be a Must Win game for Embree so he can avoid having WORST TEAM headlines for the next 10 weeks.

Baylor was Worst Program in Kevin Steele's Year 2. It was hinted at by the end of Year 1. It took maybe 9 more seasons (Art Briles' Year 2) before that stain wore off.

Anyone want CU Football to be stuck in a latrine for 9 more seasons? OR EVEN HALF THAT TIME?!!

On the bright side - whatever happens this weekend - Embree's free. He can la-de-daa-pout his way thru any situation, and no one will really care how vast the scoring margins are. Or how close.

Since he didn't want to coach up his squad to win these first Must Win's, he's down to this one. I don't see any other choice. Utah is almost forever-far for the recruiting wars. Bataan was a shorter march. Arnhem was a closer bridge.

Embree, win this game, or enjoy 10 more weeks of Worst Program status.

Unless you sweep SoCal and Oregon.

Back