What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

There are always people on the board who say that they want the CU football program to emulate Wisconsin's football program, so it looks like a lot of people should be happy about the fact that we must truly be on the right track now.

Wilcox only left Wisconsin 3 days ago. Something tells me they'll have a new DC hired before the last week of February.

Wilcox only left Wisconsin 3 days ago. Something tells me they'll have a new DC hired before the last week of February.
Yikes, a serious nik reply to a clear joke. It looks like the uneasiness on the board is at an epidemic level. Clearly, I'm deflecting and using sarcasm as a way to cope, otherwise I'd drive myself nuts.

What would you guys think about Vance Bedford to replace Clark as db coach? Struggled at Texas as DC but was great at Louisville and seems to be a good recruiter. I would speculate that he's a strict coach as well working under Stong and I think that's important with young kids.

What would you guys think about Vance Bedford to replace Clark as db coach? Struggled at Texas as DC but was great at Louisville and seems to be a good recruiter. I would speculate that he's a strict coach as well working under Stong and I think that's important with young kids.

Bedford as a position coach would be a pretty splashy hire to pull off for CU.

Bedford as a position coach would be a pretty splashy hire to pull off for CU.
Af this point I'm pretty sure I'd take him as a DC. Texas seemed to be a toxic environment. Maybe it wasn't a good fit and a change of scenery would get him back to his Louisville days

Another recruit bites the dust, god I love being right. Good thing recruits care about coach of the year awards....pfffhahahaha. RG and Mickey....err Mac look like complete fools. Program is sputtering to recruits.

At this point its almost got to be an NFL coach who is still active right?

Patriots Defensive Coaches
Steelers Defensive Coaches
Packers Defensive Coaches
Packers Special Teams Coaches
Falcons Defensive Coaches
Falcons Special Teams Coaches

So, did any of these guys coach with Mac at the Cowboys? UNC? SJSU?

EDIT: I didnt see any when I clicked thru.

Last edited:
Another recruit bites the dust, god I love being right. Good thing recruits care about coach of the year awards....pfffhahahaha. RG and Mickey....err Mac look like complete fools. Program is sputtering to recruits.
giphy.gif

Similar capacity is interesting. I believe that Kentucky brought in a Co-DC last year to coach DBs but Eliot's title didn't change to "CO".

Is Kentucky guy good or bad for the Buffs? What do people think?

His resume looks solid. Rumors are that FSU was hoping to keep him when Stoops left for UK. The defensive performance at UK has been underwhelming although they are in the middle of a full rebuild at a school with no history or tradition of being a power player in the SEC.

Says he was stripped of play calling duties after two games this year. We're ranked 123 out of 128 when he got demoted. Defense was lacking talent though

Says he was stripped of play calling duties after two games this year. We're ranked 123 out of 128 when he got demoted. Defense was lacking talent though

Ya it appears that Stoops (a very very good DC) took over play calling duties after a rough start to the season defensively.

Have to hope that it was just some growing pains for Eliot and that Stoops taught him well. MacIntyre was also a very good DC prior to his time at SJSU so hopefully Mac can continue to mold him and teach him.

Eliot will be a boost in the recruiting department though.

We're hiring a guy that got fired from a bottom feeder? Things have really taken a turn for the better since that 10-2 start to the 2016 season.

I look forward to 2031.

First two games were Southern Miss and New Mexico. Gave up 40+ and over 500 yds to both. Defense did improve by the end of the season.

Back