What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game thread: Big 12 Tourney vs Texas Tech

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
FRTOZJZKIEOUBMX.20100123044040.jpg

MBB Round 2 with Texas Tech on Wednesday

GAME #31 vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders (16-14, 4-12 Big 12)

• Date: Wednesday, March 10 • Tipoff : 10:37 a.m. (MST)

• Television: Big 12 Network (Altitude Sports & Entertainment); ESPN Full Court, ESPN360.com

• Announcers: Mitch Holthus (p-b-p), Reid Gettys (analyst) • Location: Sprint Center (18,879)

• CU Radio: KKZN 760-AM: Mark Johnson (p-b-p), Charles Johnson (analyst); Sirius Channel 125, XM 231

• Series vs. Texas Tech: Colorado leads the all-time series, 17-12; series is tied in Big 12 play, 8-8. TTU leads 2-0 at the Big 12 Championships (wins in 2004, 2007). CU broke a four-game skid against the Red Raiders and first win over TTU since 2006.

QUICKLY: Alec Burks became the first CU player in Big 12 history to earn Rookie of the Year honors; Cory Higgins made his second straight all-Conference third team honor • Higgins also was named Big 12 Player of the Week for the second time • Burks became CU's all-time leader in freshman points (488) • Higgins' 30 points against TTU last Saturday (his fifth career) moved him to ninth place on the school's all-time scoring list (1,373) • Higgins' 569 season points are the most points scored by a CU player since Donnie Boyce scored 582 in 1993-94 • Burks also named to the Sporting News All-Freshman second team.

TEAM: CU has won three-straight conference games, matching the 2002-03 team for wins to end the regular season • Today's match up with Texas Tech is the first time since the 1984-85 season (Big Eight Conference) when CU played the regular season finale against the same opponent at the conference tournament • CU's 15 wins and six Big 12 wins are the most since 2005-06 (last NIT appearance).

BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES: Colorado enters the conference post-season with a 7-13 record. This season is CU's highest seed since being fifth in 2005-06. As the No. 8 seed, the Buffs are 1-0 (1998-99, defeating Iowa State).

LOOKING AHEAD: If CU is fortunate to defeat Texas Tech, No. 1 seed in the tourney isn't guaranteed to advance. Last season, No. 9 Baylor upset No. 1 Kansas, and in 2001, No. 8 BU upset No. 1 Iowa State in 2000.

Latest RPI: CU is now 103 with the third best RPI for a school with a non-winning record (.500 or worse) behind South Carolina (#82) and Georgia (#99). Strength of schedule is now No. 28.

:gobuffs:

For some reason I'm nervous about this game. Tech prolly has a chip on their shoulder for their current losing streak and it's embarrassing to lose to the same team in back-to-back games. So there is a lot of motivation for the raiders.

Anyone know how espn360 works. I get a black screen for anything that I try to watch there. If I live (and work in Denver) should I be able to see the game? Or is that going to be blacked out for me?

Anyone know how espn360 works. I get a black screen for anything that I try to watch there. If I live (and work in Denver) should I be able to see the game? Or is that going to be blacked out for me?

I have the same problem. I'm on a Mac (Safari). Wonder if that matters.

Anyway: 3-0 Buffs. Relphorde getting off early (basket, ft, and a steal).

Never Mind: same stream that SkiTown posted, and his doesnt have all the spam. Thanks Ski.

Last edited:
Great pass by Casey and another basket by Marcus: 5-1 Buffs.

We need a good start in this one. Tech's confidence is low with the losing streak they're. Can't let them feel good about their chances.

Looks like Tech realizes that they need to work inside, but their defense looks pretty weak. nice play by Relphorde.

I like how this is going so far.

My big concern is that sometimes it's hard to shoot well from the outside in a big arena. We haven't been great from 3, but we are shooting better than Tech. I think we'll be fine.

Buffs lead 18-8 at the 11:20 mark.

Wow. Cold as hell from outside even when we get good shots and we aren't going to the basket.

Big XII refs are strange. They call such ticky tack fouls, then they will let guys just run all over each other with no whistle.

yuck, we look bad right now.

Look like a high school team out there. Another one and done in the tournament?

24-28 with 4:17 to go in the half. Tech's on a 20-6 run. They're making everything and CU can't shoot. Tech's intensity has been a lot higher than CU's.

the game is blacked out in Boulder, at least. but, i had the 360 player "update" itself over the weekend when i logged on to watch a game and all i had was a black screen. no video. i sent them a service email and got two automatic replies. to my knowledge, they didn't do anything but it seems to work great now. if i want to watch S. Florida.

guys doing a nice job closing the gap going into the half.

Not a bad ending to the half. 35-31 Tech. tech has one player that is doing anything. if he cools off, I think that we will be ok, as long as we hit some shots.

31-35 at halftime.

Tech has hit 5 three pointers in a row (5/8 for the half). That won't continue.

I'm still feeling good about this game. We just need to pick up the intensity and take care of the basketball (11 turnovers in the 1st half).

6-0 Tech run to start the half. We're playing like ass.

31-41

Let's go, Buffs! Turn this **** around!

I feel sick right now. 37-52 with 12:52 to go.

We need a run in the worst way.

Not looking good, Tech definitely decided to show up for this one......beating us to every loose ball right now.

Back