What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread -- Colorado at Cal

NiTownBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Happy New Year Buff fans! Our hoops team opens conference play tonight at Cal, 9pm MT start on Pac12 Network.

Cal (9-3) has looked pretty good in non-conference play, including a near upset of #5 Virginia at their house. But I'm surprised to see that we are 7.5 point underdogs tonight - that seems a bit high. KenPom has Cal by 5. Let's start the year off right with a big road win. Go Buffs!

In my eyes, much of tonight depends on which Cal we get. They're young and inconsistent...and freakishly athletic. If Wallace is sinking threes and Rabb is in beast-mode on the glass like they were at UVA, we're in trouble. Color me concerned about our defense tonight. Cal has been exposed when facing zone. On the other end, I believe they may mix it up a bit and give us some pressure.

I would love to see us use zone for extended minutes tonight but alas I know that is completely against Tad's nature. Wes and Josh's defense will be tested, Cal wants to score at the rim. Hopefully they can stay out of foul trouble.

I cannot wait for this game tonight. I believe this team will be on a mission and Tad will have them rolling.

Where we get most of our points (3's & free throws) is where Cal is weakest. Cal is 3rd nationally in defensive 2P%. Their bigs + Jaylen Brown are all pretty good at giving the opposition free throws. If we're targeting them & draining 3's then it's a W.

Going to be such an interesting game. CU is going to have to get it done in the 1/2 court, Cal is 5th in the nation at limiting FG's in transition, only allowing 16.2% of FGA to be in transition and 2nd in % of initial FGA after a rebound in 0-10 seconds. Simply put they don't allow transition buckets.

Where we get most of our points (3's & free throws) is where Cal is weakest. Cal is 3rd nationally in defensive 2P%. Their bigs + Jaylen Brown are all pretty good at giving the opposition free throws. If we're targeting them & draining 3's then it's a W.

Cal may allow teams to shoot pretty well from 3, but they limit those 3 point opportunities (as does CU). Cal is 20th in 3pt shot attempts allowed and CU is 18th. But where CAL has a huge advantage is they force teams to shoot a lot of 2pt jumpers where CU give up way more shots at the rim. CU can't get into the trap of taking a bunch of 2pt jumpers tonight.

Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 6.49.25 PM.png

Slow star. But have two fouls on rabb. Pound the block with scott

2 on Rabb. Good move by Wes.

Cal's energy is extremely high at the start. Not sure if they can keep that up for 40 minutes, though.

Our team should be recruiting 4* athletes with the success we've had in the last 5 years. We aren't. It's showing.

It's true. Boyle hasn't won a game in Berkeley (yet). That road monkey gotta go.

Sooner or later a few of these 3's are going to drop for Cal and we'll be toast unless we wake up NOW

Back