What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official game thread - CU at USC

Glad we're only down 14, it's still in reach if we can fix some bull**** and the refs huddle up and realize that the fix if too obvious Gotta keep faith.

I had a vision during that timeout on 4th and 6 with 15 seconds remaining:

1) CU doesn't get the first down
2) USC goes in to the half up 14-0
3) USC "hollywood's it" during halftime, while the Buffs make adjustments
4) CU wins 21-20 in a shocker

I hope it wasn't just a fantasy...

That first half was exhausting. Hope Montez just got the air knocked out of him because we may need him again with the way the o line has been blocking. Any word on Haigler?

Which part? 0 points and like 4 first downs in a half might be the very definition of ineffective.

We need Montez' ability to scramble and make plays. Montez needs to play like a Heisman candidate for CU to win.

I hope Sefo finishes. Should have started.

It's obvious The freshman is pissing himself, he hasn't made errors, but he hasn't lit it up either.

Sefo seemed mobile enough. Give him the reins.

I think you need Sefo here. Montez is making some youngster mistakes. Unlikely to win with those, although I'm hardly saying this isn't a highly capable QB

Also pisses me off seeing the grounding call. Shay was there; Montez was throwing it to where Shay was supposed to be. Bad spots...no review.

Agreed but it's not like Montez is Marcus Mariota when scrambling. He and Sefo are similar in that aspect. I think Sefo has a better grasp on the passing game right now, which is ultimately what we're going to need

Seemed to incorporate the hurry-up with Sefo, it was missing when Montez was in.

We are still in it. Make some adjustments 14-0 is nothing. Looking for an excited team going out of halftime. QB wise I think you back to Montez. I love Sefo, but he looked a tad rusty (given it was like three throws) and Montez imo was starting to settle in.

Seemed to incorporate the hurry-up with Sefo, it was missing when Montez was in.
The lack of awareness from Montez is also evident. Multiple times he could have snapped the ball quick to get a free 5 for 12 men and he just doesn't have the awareness to snap the ball and get it. Same thing with a hot read on 3rd and short and guy playing way off of our slot receiver.

Would love to see us go hyper speed on the first drive with sefo. Maybe the refs will let us do that going forward

Can't wait for the 2nd half.

I hope we'll see more scoring than obnoxious Sports Clips commercials. ..

Back