What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU Buffs at ASU Sun Devils

I'm going to go ahead and say we don't have the worst guard play in the country, but no doubt it's not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our freshman are just laughably horrible. The lineup with Ben Mills was equally as hilarious. Not making the tournament this year will be a nice wakeup call.

As I said the minute the Washington game ended, the season was over the minute Dinwiddie was injured. CU is now a very mediocre (and maybe even bad) college basketball team. Without him, we have among the worst guards in the country, and good guard play is the key to winning in college basketball.

Massive exaggeration. It's not event the worst backcourt in the Conference, or the state of Colorado. Dinwiddie's injury is a killer no doubt but the players we have on the team can play a lot better then they have. I'd at least like to see some more ball movement. Not even trying to play like a team

uhyqa4u2.jpg

It is now obvious that Boyle and staff did not recruit very well in the last class. Losing Dinwiddie looks like it may send this program careening downhill.

Massive exaggeration. It's not event the worst backcourt in the Conference, or the state of Colorado. Dinwiddie's injury is a killer no doubt but the players we have on the team can play a lot better then they have. I'd at least like to see some more ball movement. Not even trying to play like a team

I guess you're thinking WSU has a worse backcourt? Might be right, but could go either way IMO.

No exaggeration at all - this team seriously lacks talent at guard without Dinwiddie. What an absurd comment that this team is not trying - they are simply terrible and will be lucky to win a few more PAC games. I will stick with my 7-11 prediction in league play.

No exaggeration at all - this team seriously lacks talent at guard without Dinwiddie. What an absurd comment that this team is not trying - they are simply terrible and will be lucky to win a few more PAC games. I will stick with my 7-11 prediction in league play.

Everyone on this board gives you ****, dude, and I thought your original projection was overly pessimistic. But I think you're closer to the truth than most on here. I see us right now being better than WSU and maybe OSU. That's it.

okay guys, who are these Freshman (outside of the top 100) that are just tearing it up? Our team is young and we lost one of oldest, best and most experienced players and now you guys are shocked we are struggling?

okay guys, who are these Freshman (outside of the top 100) that are just tearing it up? Our team is young and we lost one of oldest, best and most experienced players and now you guys are shocked we are struggling?

Dude, its not about "tearing it up". Sure, most freshmen don't. We just need decent, below average play. What we're getting is epically bad play. It's about showing some glimpses of offensive firepower. What is it about JHop or Wes, on offense, that makes you optimistic?

Last edited:
Dude, its not about "tearing it up". Sure, most freshmen don't. We're just need decent, below average play. What we're getting is miserable play. It's about showing some glimpses of offensive firepower. What is it about JHop or Wes, on offense, that makes you optimistic?

back it up with stats then. Freshman are inconsistent, not sure why you are so surprised to see them struggle on the road.

I'm just disappointed that it wasn't more competitive. Honestly, would have predicted Arizona and Arizona State to beat CU (when they're home), even if everyone was completely healthy. Just wish there would be more ball movement, and more of a fight from the team.

Season isn't over. Have a week to get ready for Utah, and to fix a lot of stuff. Absolutely have to win the next 3.

Struggling I understand, the horrid shooting, I just don't get why we get open shots but just can't hit them with any consistency whatsoever. We don't have a "scorer" period.

Thank goodness we have Scott, he is the only consistently good player on the team now.

Last edited:
okay just went through the box score. ASU hasn't even played a single freshman yet.

They are starting 2 sophmores and 3 seniors, their first 4 off the bench are 3 juniors and a senior.

I am not justifying how we are playing (which is obviously terrible), we just have the perfect storm of a young team, best player injured and learning how to gel on the road.

Everyone on this board gives you ****, dude, and I thought your original projection was overly pessimistic. But I think you're closer to the truth than most on here. I see us right now being better than WSU and maybe OSU. That's it.[/QUOTE

seattle - thanks. I have come to learn over the years that CU fans hate the truth when we have a bad team or recruit poorly. They are also more than happy to personally attack those CU fans who point out the truth. I appreciate the fact that you seem very objective, a rarity among a very defensive fan base with an inflated view of CU, usually content with making excuses for losing.

We suck without Dinwiddie - I think it was fairly easy to see this coming. I guess that makes me a CSU fan or John Henderson.

It's the lack of mental toughness that bugs me as shown by poor free throw shooting, traveling, shot clock violations, giving up uncontested layups due to missed defensive assignments,and XJs mouth.

Well, pretty hard not to be disgusted and really concerned. But probably better to not react right now.

Not happy with Hopkin's decision to give a stupid push and foul himself out of the game.

It's the lack of mental toughness that bugs me as shown by poor free throw shooting, traveling, shot clock violations, giving up uncontested layups due to missed defensive assignments,and XJs mouth.

Me as well. A lot of these deficiencies would be cured with some confidence, they just look so unsure of themselves out there. And I thought that was a problem before Dinwiddie got hurt. A lot of the team seems like a deer in the headlights or just disinterested too often. Maybe a few ass kickings will either piss them off or just allow them to just play like they have nothing to lose.

Back