What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU vs Harvard, 230 PM

In a perfect world, I agree with this 100%. However, for some reason, a lot of the players on this damn team are too tentative to shoot. Don't get me wrong, a few of Ski's shots last night shaved years off of my life, but the fact was that he was the only one even trying to make something happen at certain points. We needed him out there jacking them up. I just wish he'd jack them up in slightly more efficient spots. That was a return to the Baylor game.

It seems to happen when we fall behind. He tries to hard to bring us back.

Didn't read the thread, but my reactions: I'm hopeful that the light clicked on the defensive end in the 2nd half. It was an impressive defensive display (with a little luck in Harvard's #1 missing some open jumpers). Josh Scott was a man down the stretch. The rebound where he went up and grabbed it, almost fell on his ass but put a few dribbles down to avoid the travel was impressive. Spencer needs to realize he's the best player on the floor, he did that in the 2nd half. XJ finally woke up. Talton outplayed Ski, I thought Talton had a great game. Hopkins turnovers are infuriating, but I think he'll figure it out. My favorite freshmen Fletch had a very strong game.

Week 3: AP Poll rank Receiving Votes (37) 6 Votes
Week 4: AP Poll rank Receiving Votes (36) 19 Votes (still behind Harvard)

Week 3: USA Today Coaches Poll rank Receiving Votes (34) 10 votes
Week 4: USA Today Coaches Poll rank Receiving Votes (34) 13 votes

Interestingly enough ASU jumped us in the coaches poll. We are sandwiched between ASU and Cal at 17 votes and 12 votes respectively

Right now #25 in the AP has 126 votes and in the Coaches Poll has 72.

Last edited:
In a perfect world, I agree with this 100%. However, for some reason, a lot of the players on this damn team are too tentative to shoot. Don't get me wrong, a few of Ski's shots last night shaved years off of my life, but the fact was that he was the only one even trying to make something happen at certain points. We needed him out there jacking them up. I just wish he'd jack them up in slightly more efficient spots. That was a return to the Baylor game.

What do you think the dialogue between Tad and him is like? He is an obvious leader on the team and plays with intensity...but shooting 38% FG and 25% 3FG while taking over 10 shots does not help the team...unless we are getting a large number of offensive rebounds off those misses from them being taken in transition when everyone is not in position yet.

I truly believe he can average 5-7 assists a game, while maintaining his point totals, if he had a bit of a change in offensive mentality. It would make a lot of the fans happier too. Some of the moaning hat goes on in the stands at games when he is in full DGAF mode is rough to hear. Hopkins still learning on the offensive end is not putting much pressure on Ski either.

Also worth noting again that Ski has not missed a free throw yet, but is only taking just under 2 a game. I know this is JG's (maybe) biggest request, but get to the rim dude!

Week 3: AP Poll rank Receiving Votes (37) 6 Votes
Week 4: AP Poll rank Receiving Votes (36) 19 Votes (still behind Harvard)

Week 3: USA Today Coaches Poll rank Receiving Votes (34) 10 votes
Week 4: USA Today Coaches Poll rank Receiving Votes (34) 13 votes

Interestingly enough ASU jumped us in the coaches poll. We are sandwiched between ASU and Cal at 17 votes and 12 votes respectively

Right now #25 in the AP has 126 votes and in the Coaches Poll has 72.

This tells us that people either voted before CU/Harvard, or absolutely no one paid any attention to CU beating Harvard and sees CU's narrow win over UCSB as concerning. The media put a lot of stock in ASU winning at UNLV, because they apparently aren't aware that UNLV has been playing like dog****.

This tells us that people either voted before CU/Harvard, or absolutely no one paid any attention to CU beating Harvard and sees CU's narrow win over UCSB as concerning. The media put a lot of stock in ASU winning at UNLV, because they apparently aren't aware that UNLV has been playing like dog****.

Yeah. If you're paying any attention, then there's no way you can both give ASU big props for winning at UNLV and also penalize CU for winning by 8 against a team that won at UNLV by 21.

What do you think the dialogue between Tad and him is like? He is an obvious leader on the team and plays with intensity...but shooting 38% FG and 25% 3FG while taking over 10 shots does not help the team...unless we are getting a large number of offensive rebounds off those misses from them being taken in transition when everyone is not in position yet.

I truly believe he can average 5-7 assists a game, while maintaining his point totals, if he had a bit of a change in offensive mentality. It would make a lot of the fans happier too. Some of the moaning hat goes on in the stands at games when he is in full DGAF mode is rough to hear. Hopkins still learning on the offensive end is not putting much pressure on Ski either.

Completely agree. Booker is great at driving the paint and dishing whenever he wants, but he doesn't always utilize that skill. He could probably average over 4 assists/game if he wanted too as well.

For a starting SG, he is a terrible shooter. We need better production from him. I would be happy with > 40% FG% and > 35% from 3pt land from him while limiting his shoot attepmts to 7-10/game that are close to his frosh numbers.

He should not be leading our team in shot attempts either. That should be Dinwiddie/Scott as the top 2. I don't understand why Boyle gives BOoker a green light. We will see what happens the rest of non-conference, but I'm really hoping Booker steps up or one of the frosh replaces him.

Bummer. I wanted to be ranked going into Kansas. Ultimately though it means nothing.

I think it's better for the team to go into the KU game with a bit of a chip on their shoulder. They (hopefully) won't be looking past AF or CSU, as much as they might be if they were ranked

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but the crowd was great on Sunday. The students are obviously out for Thanksgiving break, but the "regular" seats were all filled. The CEC gets very loud when there's a big crowd there.

I think the combination of crowd noise (they don't play to big, noisy crowds at Harvard), altitude and a short bench really hurt Harvard. The "3"s that they were jacking up in the first half were all over the place when they needed them the most - late in the game.

eh. just for one or two games. Dusting Thomas got his groove back. He's gonna be the most heralded frosh for a bit. Then it will be fletcher's turn again. These frosh have been incredibly inconsistent.

Is the George King hype meter broken? He played 1 minute today but ESPN didn't even bother putting him in their official box score?

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400505952

He was happy going 6-10 from the line.......

I think that's about what the team has been averaging, no? Certainly competitive with some other guys you are much higher on.

Don't get me wrong.
He's raw and up and down, just like all of our freshman at this point. But the guy has some athleticism and my early comments were in the context of he being unheralded and a lot of people on here suggested he would redshirt. From where I sit, all of the frosh have had moments both good and bad, but George looks like he could have as high of a ceiling as any of them. Not sure why you decided to call me out for hyping him and to go back to something I know. LOL. Time will tell.

Is the George King hype meter broken? He played 1 minute today but ESPN didn't even bother putting him in their official box score?

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400505952

He was happy going 6-10 from the line.......

I think that's about what the team has been averaging, no? And you admit, he got to the line. Certainly competitive with some other guys you are much higher on at 60%.

Don't get me wrong.
He's raw and up and down, just like all of our freshman at this point. But the guy has some athleticism and my early comments were in the context of he being unheralded and a lot of people on here suggested he would redshirt. From where I sit, all of the frosh have had moments both good and bad, but George looks like he could have as high of a ceiling as any of them. Not sure why you decided to call me out for hyping him and to go back to something I know. LOL. Time will tell.

I think that's about what the team has been averaging, no? And you admit, he got to the line. Certainly competitive with some other guys you are much higher on at 60%.

Don't get me wrong.

I'm was just trying to give you a hard time b/c you were so high on King - not necessarily calling you out. As Snow (and you) have said these guys will all have up and down games, none of these guys are of the Wiggins/Parker/Gordon hype level so they're all going to have good/bad games. King was the most unheralded, he's also the most raw. He would have likely RS if Jenkins didn't leave and probably could have used that year to be honest. He needs some work, as all of the frosh do, but I hope he does become a regular rotation player and have no doubt he has the skills and size to be a solid player in the future.

Back