What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB vs Fresno State

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
GAME #8: vs. Fresno State Bulldogs (4-4, 0-0 WAC)
[FONT=Cambria, serif]Wednesday, Dec. 7, 7:02 p.m. (MST); Coors Events Center (11,043)|
[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, serif]Television: None. Live video can be seen on BuffsTV, a subscription service through CUBuffs.com
[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, serif]760 KKZN: Mark Johnson (pbp), Chris Lewis (analyst).
Satellite Radio
:Sirius Channel 92; XM Channel 190
[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, serif]Series vs. Fresno State: Bulldogs lead the series, 2-1 and have not played against one another since 1974. FSU has won two straight.
CU vs. WAC:The Buffs are 28-18 against Western Athletic Conference and last played a WAC school, lost at New Mexico St., 75-71, Nov. 27, 2002.[/FONT] [FONT=Cambria, serif]
QUICKLY
: Colorado plays eight home games in a row with five non-conference throughout December and three Pac-12 Conference games during the first week of January • CU has won 26-straight non-conference home games • CU's three losses have all been by single digits (5.7 ppg.). CU's four-year total of single-digit losses is now 30 (3.6 ppg.) • CU is shooting a 16-year best from the 3-point arc (39 percent) • Excluding the home opener, the Buffs average win margin of three victories is 3.3 points, three losses are 5.7 points.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
NATIONAL LEADERS
: Andre Roberson is third nationally in rebounding (12.0 rpg.) only behind sophomore Mike Moser (UNLV, 12.6) and junior Thomas Robinson (Kansas, 12.1). Roberson also ranks 13th nationally in double-doubles (4). Nate Tomlinson is 75th in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.2) and Carlon Brown is 173rd in FG% at 46.3 percent.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
1940-41 REVISTED (71 years ago)
: That's the last season when CU played single-digit games in six of seven games at the start of the season. Frosty Cox' team went 4-3 with two of three losses by single-digits; all four wins by single-digits. That season Sox' team went 10-6 - with nine of the 10 victories coming in single-digits. [/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
LOOKING FOR 20 POINTS
: Last season the Buffs had at least one 20-point scorer in 29 of 38 games. CU's last three games they have not reached a 20-pointer scorer, matching a three-game span last year (K-State, KU, Texas Tech). The last time CU had four games in a row under 20 points occurred in 2006-07 during the conference slate (Texas A&M, ISU, NU, Mizz.).[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
FT WOES
: CU has shot under 60.0 percent from the charity stripe in each of the past three games, the first time since the 2005-06 season (three straight against Mercer, Dartmouth, and Savannah State - all CU wins). The Buffs are No. 296th nationally out of 338 Division I teams. Denver is first at 83.2 percent.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
YOUTH MOVEMENT
: Freshman guards Askia Booker and Spencer Dinwiddie are already paying dividends early in their career. Booker is averaging 10.5 points and 71.4 FT percentage over his last four games; Dinwiddie, a starter in all seven games, scored a game-high 16 points with seven rebounds in the home win over Georgia, and another 16-point, eight rebounds at CSU.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
MAN ON THE BOARDS
: After the win at Air Force game, Coach Boyle told AP one word that described Andre Roberson, "He is a madman." Averaging nearly a double-double (9.7 ppg., 12.0 rpg.) and looking to become CU's first double-double guy since Stephane Pelle in 2001-02 (12.8 ppg., 10.8 rpg), Roberson has nine career doubles, four this year. In addition to 18 games w/ 10 or more rebounds. Against Georgia, Roberson tied a career-best 15 rebounds.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
AGAINST FRESNO STATE
: The Bulldogs lead the series, 2-1 and have not played against one another since 1974. Fresno State has won two straight with the last meeting occurring Dec. 7, 1974: 78-75 in Boulder. CU/FSU are 1-1 in Boulder, while the Buffs are 0-1 in Fresno. The Buffs are 28-18 against the Western Athletic Conference and last played a WAC school in 2002 (lost at New Mexico State, 75-71, Nov. 27, 2002). [/FONT]

This game scares me, Fresno has actually played a couple of real teams and played in close games.

if we lose

If the "real team" you are talking bout is Stanford, guess your right, and they lost by 16. They killed Utah by 30, but Utah might be one of the bottom 5 in division 1.
If we lose this we might be in trouble we gotta win all the games on this homestand

They hung with Stanford for most of that game before the Cardinal pulled away late. I'm not as nervous as JG, but Fresno does have the ability to scare people.

They hung with Stanford for most of that game before the Cardinal pulled away late. I'm not as nervous as JG, but Fresno does have the ability to scare people.

Exactly, that Stanford score was not indicative of the game.

Agree with you two, this is the toughest of the remaining non-con games. IF we shoot like we did against CSU we'll lose this game.

Had the Buffs exceeded expectations in Puerto Rico, and then rolled CSU on the road this game might be scary from an overconfidence potential. Since neither of those are factors the Buffs should be well prepared, rested, and ready to run these guys into the court. I hope to see lots of up tempo and an exhausted Bulldogs team by mid-second half.

Fresno and Wyoming are both solid teams that will help our RPI... as of now our schedule has honestly been a joke... both will help us out a little if we find ways to win the games. I am excited for tonight's game, been missing some live basketball!

Fresno and Wyoming are both solid teams that will help our RPI... as of now our schedule has honestly been a joke... both will help us out a little if we find ways to win the games. I am excited for tonight's game, been missing some live basketball!

I constantly fall into the same trap of thinking that RPI could matter. I just can't let go of the bubble dream. :lol:

Good practice for next season. :thumbsup:

Haha... this is true... we won't be dancing this year. Always helps to have a decent resume though, even for NIT bids... etc. I'm not one to be optimistic, but with how bad the Pac 12 is... who knows what kinda run we could get on if we get hot during these home games.

Haha... this is true... we won't be dancing this year. Always helps to have a decent resume though, even for NIT bids... etc. I'm not one to be optimistic, but with how bad the Pac 12 is... who knows what kinda run we could get on if we get hot during these home games.

I agree with you there. I'm thinking that looking at RPI won't matter much until we see it play out and we're going into the Pac-12 tourney. My hope is that we'll develop to the point where we have a puncher's chance of winning the thing, feel good about our NIT chances, and that we'll be on bubble watch if we pull an upset or two to reach the final.

I don't see anybody running away with the Pac 12 tourney. I think if we get hot at the right time that could be our chance...

This is a potential landmine, but Wyoming presents more of a challenge than Fresno.

Weird that we last faced Fresno 37 years ago to the day.

Buffs by 12-15.

This is a potential landmine, but Wyoming presents more of a challenge than Fresno.

Why do you say that? Looking over the numbers, that might make sense except that Wyoming has played a HORRIBLE non-conference schedule?

Why do you say that? Looking over the numbers, that might make sense except that Wyoming has played a HORRIBLE non-conference schedule?

I don't think Wyoming is vastly better than Fresno or anything, there's probably not a huge difference, but I do think they are the better team. Wyoming's 8-1 record is misleading due to their weak schedule, but that said, they've taken care of the cupcakes they've faced while Fresno St has losses to North Dakota State, Manhattan and UTSA. Let's also not forget that while on paper Fresno has faced two Pac-12 teams already, Utah is a Pac-12 caliber opponent in name only. Aside from their game @ Stanford, Fresno has been doing the cupcake routine as well (note: they do play Oregon and ASU after us). Wyoming is more a veteran team and has more scoring threats, whereas with Fresno if you shut down Olekaibe they're in deep ****. In general, I'd take a middle of the pack MWC team over a middle of the pack WAC team. I think Larry Shyatt was a good (re)hire for the Pokes as well.

Slaughter. CU up 38-20 with 1:06 to go in the first half. CU just let Fresno call time out with 0.7 seconds left, inbound and hit a three. :sad1: 38-23 at the half. That, the three, pisses me off!

Last edited:
Listening to the radio feed. sounds like Cain is very aggressive rebounding. Get him and Andre on the flood and the Buffs can own the boards.

44-31. ****ing finally, Johnson! Geez! Announce the ****ing score every once in a ****ing while!

Back