What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Games Thread: CU vs Arizona

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Men:
Thursday, February 9th
7:00 PM
ESPN
McKale Center
Tucson, AZ

Women:
Thursday, February 9th
7:00 PM
BuffsTV
Coors Event Center
Boulder, CO

HUGE games for both teams tonight. Women need a win to keep the tourney dream alive. Men need a win to shock the world. Surprisingly, a good chunk of the board thinks the men will win tonight.

attachment.php

we will lose. By a lot. Nate + high pressure environment = epic fail*

*I know he's played better, but I can't fathom him having two clutch games in a row. Unfathomable, I say! Like the depths of Wally and BP's manlove.

That's some extreme depth.

But yeah, I'm thinking the men lose, women win. Hoping the men keep it close.

The shortened 'Zona bench gives me hope, but we haven't proven capable of winning this type of game yet. Maybe in future years.

The shortened 'Zona bench gives me hope, but we haven't proven capable of winning this type of game yet. Maybe in future years.

If we can keep it close late, that may make a huge difference as their first five will be working hard to keep up with Boyle's energizer buffaloes. Hope it makes a difference in their offense late.

Agreed on tonight. I think CU is 1-2 years away from winning this type of road game, but I would be thrilled to be proven wrong. My opinion is not by any means a rip on Boyle. He WILL start to win these types of road games once he has the talent and system fully in place.

I'm still getting used to CU as a basketball school. I'm more worried that we're going to lose by 20+ on national TV.

Much like with the media and the general public, the Buffs still need to convince their own fans that they truly belong in the conversation. Winning tonight in Tucson would be a huge step in that direction. Truthfully, I don't think we win tonight, but I do expect us to win at ASU and Utah the next two games. When was the last time Buff fans expected them to win a roadie??

I believe the year was 1985. CU's football team, coming off of a dismal 6-year stretch, goes into Tucson a heavy underdog. CU wins that game when nobody expected them to. It proved to be the catalyst that sent CU to it's first bowl game since 1977 and propelled them to the eventual national championship five short years later.

It all starts in Tucson. Win this game and CU's basketball program is officially in the National discussion. Lose, and well, we'll have other chances down the road. However, this is a HUGE opportunity.

Arizona is missing a couple key role players and doesn't have the size to abuse us in the post (although they were successful at hitting the boards in game 1). I'm sayin' we have a chance as long as Andre decides to show up this time. Obviously this isn't a game where we can go turn the ball over 20 times

I think the team is ready for this test. They don't really have the recipe for destroying us; they're not all that great in the paint and their short perimeter defense will have trouble with our depth and height. Brown, Dinwiddie, and Booker should all have good games. If we don't give up 15 offensive boards in the first match-up, we beat them by 10.

Arizona has some pretty relentless chuckers. If they shoot a bunch of 3s and we can get out on the break, watch out. I know we suck on the road but this is a match-up that I don't feel as worried about. Losing @Stanford, @Cal, and @UCLA made sense. @Arizona is one we can win.

RPI heading into tonights game: Arizona 68th, CU 70th

Cal 48, Washington 72, Oregon 79, Stanford 99

FYI, Arizona State is 220

Like many others I am bracing for a tough loss, but there is no way I am going to miss tuning in for this one.....just in case!

With that short bench tonight we have a shot. If we attack the rim and get them in some early foul trouble we may be able to pull this one out.

In +3 Only one other buff fan though.

About to head down to the slums of Tucson rockin' this Alec Burks jersey.

Mayes Played 14 min and had nothing but 2 personal fouls

Parrom Played 22min and had 6pts 1oreb 5reb 2asts and 3 personal fouls

Parrom was the only player on their bench to score points against us

Mayes Played 14 min and had nothing but 2 personal fouls

Parrom Played 22min and had 6pts 1oreb 5reb 2asts and 3 personal fouls

Parrom was the only player on their bench to score points against us

He also whiffed on the potential game winner, let's not forget his contribution to the chaotic final 30 seconds.

Joe Lunardi has this game as a "Win and In" "Lose and Out" for both teams. Biggest bracket buster of the year so far.

Back