What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official National Championship Game Thread

I saw the ref say "please reset the game clock to 23 seconds" and then, as if by magic, the clock was reset to 23 seconds. But I'm sure you're right. that never happened.

You must have been smoking crack if you think this is what happened. Seriously, it did not happen as you describe.

I saw Dabo throwing a fit, and the white hat say "please reset the game clock".

Now I'm going to have to get a copy of the game to see if I've lost my mind.

They did re-set the clock to 23 seconds.
No sir. After the first down with 15 seconds left, 2 seconds ticked off then it stopped for, maybe, 2 seconds then started ticking again before the ref had set the ball. This forced Clemson to use their last time out rather than spiking the ball. There were 6 seconds left after the time out. Since they'd used their last time out they had to kick rather than run one more play. After they used their last time out, the ref had them add, maybe, 3 seconds or so but not enough time for them to risk running another play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ave-cost-clemson-points--video-033155324.html

I saw Dabo throwing a fit, and the white hat say "please reset the game clock".

Now I'm going to have to get a copy of the game to see if I've lost my mind.
they reset the clock to 9 seconds iirc. Which was still obviously wrong.

Sacky, Clemson kicked the FG on first down because only 9 seconds were left and they had to burn their final timeout because the clock kept moving. They would not have kicked on first down with 23 seconds left.

Ok. I found it on YouTube. I stand corrected. They reset to 9 seconds, which was incorrect. They should have reset it to 12 seconds.
I'm not convinced that three seconds made much of a difference in the game, but I will freely admit I had it incorrect.

Sacky, Clemson kicked the FG on first down because only 9 seconds were left and they had to burn their final timeout because the clock kept moving. They would not have kicked on first down with 23 seconds left.
They got the first down with 15 seconds left. They'd probably had spiked it with 11 or 12 seconds left and a time out remaining.

It's the three seconds and a timeout lost in the sequence. Pretty big when Clemson is driving.

I wouldn't call it an epic **** up, but that's open to debate. Semantics. It was a mistake, but the difference between 9 seconds and 12 seconds isn't enough to run another play. They would have kicked the FG anyway, and used the timeout to set it up.

Hmmm ... seems like "Sacky's Unique Little World of Facts" isn't just limited to the politics board. :)

Ok. I found it on YouTube. I stand corrected. They reset to 9 seconds, which was incorrect. They should have reset it to 12 seconds.
I'm not convinced that three seconds made much of a difference in the game, but I will freely admit I had it incorrect.
The time wasn't the big issue. The lost time out was.

I wouldn't call it an epic **** up, but that's open to debate. Semantics. It was a mistake, but the difference between 9 seconds and 12 seconds isn't enough to run another play. They would have kicked the FG anyway, and used the timeout to set it up.
That's just really weak.

Where is @BamaCharlie?

All this lamenting Clemson's loss would be met with some remark like, "Deal with it. RDT"

Back