1. Allbuffs will be having an outage this weekend starting on Friday night and continuing through the weekend. We hope Allbuffs will be back online by Sunday night.

Official Nebraska Hate Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Go Buffs, Jan 14, 2018.

1. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I'm just one man, there's only so much I can do. Club Member

Are we talking.01, .001 or .0001?

How slightly?

2. DrunkRalphie

DrunkRalphie Well-Known Member

I had some acquaintances attend the game in Lincoln last year. They're not huge football fans, but love CU and go to a game or two on the road every year because they enjoy travelling. When they returned I asked them how the game was and how much fun it must've been to rub a last minute win in every face of the great red horde. One was shocked I had so much hatred for that fan base and told me over and over how often the nub fans went out of their way to ask the CU fans if they were being treated well.

I'm not surprised that those not initiated into college football fandom would have this reaction. I then explained the "classiest fans" in college football is purely an invention of the bug eaters and not something recognized by anyone outside their fan base. It's merely something they've come up with to make themselves think they're something special; that they somehow stand out especially in the last 20 years of utter futility. A nub fan asking you if "everyone is being nice" especially to CU fans is not about any legitimate concern for your well being, it's their way of playing into their "classy fan" narrative. They don't genuinely care, it's an act. And even more than that it's a smug way for them to show how superior they think their mid-west morals are. In reality they're no different than any other major conference football fan base. If someone has to constantly ask me if the fans are being nice to me I'm not going to take that as hospitality, it's weird and annoying. It's a passive aggressive way of showing off without any vitriol. There's nothing sincere about it. It's the bull**** kabuki they put on to further the fabricated aura they believe about themselves.

I asked my acquaintance how many nub fans approached them after the game to ask them about their experience in Lincoln. The answer: not a one. I think my point started to get through.

SeanMSan, WarBuff, Bread and 6 others like this.
  3. ahoelsken

ahoelsken Well-Known Member

Nub fans have a "We still think we're relevant" kind of goofy arrogance that is mirrored by only Oakland Raider fans. Only difference between the two is the Raiders' glory years were twice as long ago.

SeanMSan, patebuff, skibum and 2 others like this.
  4. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Dude; "Bull**** Kabuki" is an awesome phrase and would make an awesome band name.

SeanMSan and FlatironsBuff like this.
  5. Go Buffs

Go Buffs Where in the hell is Idot Buff? Club Member

It is all relative. This could be either one of them.

[​IMG]

6. Buffsrock85

Buffsrock85 Mantrum Expert

Regardless of the outcome when anyone asks them if they had at fun in Folsom they’re going to remember me. I have no problems telling them to **** off straight to their face.

WarBuff, skibum and chadron_buff like this.
  7. DrunkRalphie

CU fans know who they are and don't try to be something they aren't. Bring on the assholes.

Buffsrock85 likes this.
  8. ahoelsken

[​IMG]

This is what too many years with season tickets too close to the Runza stand at Memorial Stadium will do to you.

SeanMSan, 68buffs, buffedup and 3 others like this.
  9. Jello Bear

Jello Bear VP of Quantified Self Club Member

Scat Back left his address. I've been ordering Walmart cakes delivered on a monthly basis to his trailer.
    [​IMG]

SewallBeach, WarBuff, Bread and 7 others like this.
  10. BUFFjunkie

BUFFjunkie Well-Known Member

I'm going to catch heat for this. I attended the game last year and I have to say that I was blown away by the hospitality before and after the game by Husker fans. The only issue I really had was with anyone was with the dude in front of me(in the CU section) wearing one of those foam corn cob hats. He was quite obnoxious and ran his mouth the whole game, I really wanted to push my fist through his face. After the game at the Hay Market District I had numerous Husker fans tell me good game and congrats, I also got a few expected dirty looks.

11. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Invite your friends to read the remarks left by huskers on Callier’s Twitter.

WarBuff, patebuff, dyemeduke and 2 others like this.
  12. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Thems fighten words!

13. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

100% agree with you. They don’t actually care if we’re being treated well. It’s a fake group persona just so they can suck their own dicks about how nice and classy they are.

However, I did have one Nub fan in Lincoln go above and beyond. I was by myself in the drink line and had just ordered. He asked how I was enjoying my time and I figured it was the same ole bull****. But then he offered to buy my drink. I tried to refuse, but he insisted. Poor fella must not have noticed I was ordering for a group. Somehow, he still didn’t flinch when the bartender said it was $32. Good Nub.

14. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

100% agree with you. They don’t actually care if we’re being treated well. It’s a fake group persona just so they can suck their own dicks about how nice and classy they are.

However, I did have one Nub fan in Lincoln go above and beyond. I was by myself in the drink line and had just ordered. He asked how I was enjoying my time and I figured it was the same ole bull****. But then he offered to buy my drink. I tried to refuse, but he insisted. Poor fella must not have noticed I was ordering for a group. Somehow, he still didn’t flinch when the bartender said it was $32. Good Nub.

15. Jello Bear

Jello Bear VP of Quantified Self Club Member

*Them's

Bread, Heywood, skibum and 3 others like this.
  16. DrunkRalphie

I've met some nice ones as well. Had a drink with a couple in a CU bar after the game last year and they were pleasant folks. I don't mean to paint them as a terrible fan base especially if I take my CU fandom out of it. They're as typical as they come to everyone except themselves. They have good fans and bad.

17. Buffsrock85

Fighting*

ahoelsken and Jello Bear like this.
  18. Buffsrock85

I imagine in Nebraska the paternity test has been replaced by the family tree.

InTheBuff likes this.
  19. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

The most confusing time each year in Nebraska -
    Father's day

Buffsrock85 likes this.
  20. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

*wreath

SeanMSan, WarBuff, Bread and 8 others like this.
  21. Mb2658

Mb2658 Well-Known Member

Having had to live amongst the red polyester horde for the better part of 10 years now, as much as I hate to admit it, there are decent, reasonable, and grounded Fusker fans. Their childlike belief in their return to greatness is almost endearing, much like a 4 year old’s belief in Santa Claus. They don’t derive their entire sense of self worth based upon the actions of a handful of kids on a few Saturdays in the late summer and fall. Some of them have become good friends.

The problem is the drooling Fusker sycophants who are usually the first to make themselves known. They run around with personalized Fusker license plates like “Frosty” and can’t separate themselves from the Fuskers for any period of time. They must make their fandom known in every conversation and don’t realize that aside from the other members of their cult, no one ****ing cares. They troll our forums and claim that we are the ones who are obsessed. They are the proverbial Uncle Rico’s with zero sense of self awareness and a profound level of personal insecurity. I used to pity them, but pity is for someone who has no control over their circumstances. Rabid Fusker fans have earned every bit of hate that they get.

Bread, Heywood, skibum and 5 others like this.
  22. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Most of the Nub fans I meet are nice people who legit care about the program reflecting good, old fashioned, midwestern values. By and large, they're myopic and provincial -- but that's ok. I just find them boring since they act a lot like the image Osborne and Solich cultivated. They're the ones who bought up U of Ohio gear and even made donations to that program to support Solich when he took that job. Type of folks who make fine neighbors, you just wouldn't expect them to be the life of your block party.

Then there's the other ones. I don't think the first group of Nub fans even likes them. These are the internet trolls who attack players, coaches, administrators, fans and recruits from their own program and others. Plus referees and media members. Some of the former players in media positions even fit into this category of the new school troll. This group is hopelessly delusional about the perfection of Big fRed football and anything from inside or outside that challenges this delusion is met with the type of vitriol that's usually only seen from religious zealots. Unfortunately, this is also the group that seems to be growing.

23. Uncle Ken

Stay on topic dickheads

68buffs, Buffsrock85 and dyemeduke like this.
  24. goalline

goalline Club Member Club Member

Buffnik switched off his topic computer.

“I’m alright. I’m switching to manual”.

25. Uncle Ken

Seriously, there is an “Official some nebraska fans are okay” thread.

It’s in the “I’m not really a CU Fan” forum.

26. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Sorry. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    [​IMG]

27. ahoelsken

28. DrunkRalphie

I endlessly hate the football team and the coaches and administration around it.

29. Not Sure

Not Sure Club Member Club Member

Until 2/3 of them transfer out.

30. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

I now hows I wanted to post so yous could under stand it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.