What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

NU VS CU
49 wins
19 losses
2 ties

ALL-TIME WINNING PERCENTAGE
NU 897–388–40 (.692) - Tied for 6th in the nation
CU 702–501–36 (.581) - Tied for 35th in the nation

ALL-TIME WINS
NU - 897 - 5th in the nation
CU - 702 - 25th in the nation

WEEKS IN THE POLLS
NU - 728 - 7th in the nation
CU - 304 - 27th in the nation

BOWL GAMES APPEARANCES
NU - 53 total - 26-27 (.491) - 4th in the nation
CU - 29 total - 12-17 (.414) - 38th in the nation

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
NU - 46 - 2nd in the nation
CU - 27 - 10th in the nation

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
NU - 5 - Tied for 11th in the nation
CU - 1 - Tied for 31st in the nation

HEISMAN WINNERS
NU - 3 - Tied for 5th in the nation
CU - 1 - Tied for 18th in the nation

ALL AMERICANS
NU - 54 - 8th in the nation
CU - 31 - 21st in the nation

NFL DRAFT PICKS
NU - 359 - 7th in the nation
CU - 272 - 23rd in the nation

HOME SELL OUT STREAK
NU - 368 in a row - Sold out since 1962
CU - 0

CATEGORIES WINNERS ABOVE
NU - ALL
CU - NONE

AVERAGED RANKING FROM ABOVE
NU 6
CU 26
Number of ways Nubs are tools: 10x1,000,000

NU VS CU
49 wins
19 losses
2 ties

ALL-TIME WINS

WEEKS IN THE POLLS

BOWL GAMES APPEARANCES

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

HEISMAN WINNERS

ALL AMERICANS

NFL DRAFT PICKS

HOME SELL OUT STREAK
CU - 0

CATEGORIES WINNERS ABOVE
NU - ALL
CU - NONE

NU 6
CU 26
I thought that we were right in all arguments and we were going to move forward? I really don't understand why you would come on this site and attack the nicest and most welcoming fan base in college football. What ever happened to civility?

NU VS CU
49 wins
19 losses
2 ties

ALL-TIME WINS

WEEKS IN THE POLLS

BOWL GAMES APPEARANCES

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

HEISMAN WINNERS

ALL AMERICANS

NFL DRAFT PICKS

HOME SELL OUT STREAK
CU - 0

CATEGORIES WINNERS ABOVE
NU - ALL
CU - NONE

NU 6
CU 26

I look at that and my main thought with both programs is: what they hell happened to put us both into such a down cycle? My "blame others" answer has to do with the North/South configuration of the Big 12 being a really bad setup for us. But my more honest "look in the mirror" answer is that most of the problems have been self-inflicted. I think both programs are in recovery now. I also think that it will be harder for Nebraska to get back to what it was in this new landscape of college football despite the tradition and resources due to the natural recruiting grounds and the lack of annual games to bring the program exposure where it needs to be recruiting.

I would agree with you, Nebraska Football, was and is, a middle of the road program for the last two decades. Nebraska is nowhere near the quality program that Alabama is today or Nebraska was in the ’90s. You can take me off your blanket list of delusional Nebraska fans. Thousands of us understand where we stand today vs. in the past.
I understand you don’t want to compare Nebraska football to Colorado Football and its history. Instead, you are grasping at straws to insult Nebraskans and the University of Nebraska to make some sort of point that you are better than us at something. I will make it easy for you… you win at all arguments! Now let's see what a clean slate looks like going forward. Possibly you could even meet a Nebraskan and have a civil conversation. You never know.

I have a few nebraska friends, and I can even admit to having had a decent time in lincoln, granted the game's outcome last year was the main reason. You seem like a nice guy, but look man, you're expecting too much from us, and if you come to Boulder expecting civility... ...you're going to be somewhat disappointed, especially from our fans in their college-20s. Guys like me in their 30s and up of course will be more mature, but just so we're clear...there will never be a clean slate between us and nebraska. Why??? Because it's sports, fandom is nonsensical really, and I hate your football team. I will always hate your football team. I hate your whole athletic department really; I wouldn't mind it if it completely collapsed, except for football, because I want the potential of beating you guys to exist. Enjoy Boulder and hope you have fun (aside from the game's results), but avoid the younger fans - they're going to be rude. Don't take it so seriously though - it's part of traveling to support your team. Lastly, **** nebraska, **** osborne, **** lawrence phillips, **** alex henery, **** christian peters, **** herbie husker, **** tyronn lue, **** big red nation, etc.

He posted facts, I posted facts. There isn't any opinion or emotion involved. You can do what you want with it.

Fact is Iowa had the Cornhusker nickname before Nebraska and it's odd that NU has no yellow in their colors while other schools from other corn producing states such as Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, and Michigan have yellow in their colors or refer to the color as in Michigan's case. Even NIU did include corn on their football jerseys on special occasions.

CornNIU.jpg

"Cornhuskers" and no yellow in the uniforms? Interesting!

The once mighty cornholio program with all kinds of fun stats from years past... ahh the nostalgia.

Then, on a lovely day in 2001, the Omaha World-Herald stated it best, “Colo-rout-o: Huskers defenseless against stampede”

Except, it wasn’t just that the once mighty cornholios needed T.P. for their wounded bungholes. Their tears continued to flow, as that day marked the day that the once mighty hemorrhoid colored jerseys would cease being relevant.

Ahh, the lauded facts. We assume you mean “pre 62 with four TDs in the 1st Quarter” facts OR pre Viska gutting fusker opie’s homecoming day dance after he split double coverage for the game winning TD...

It’s fun to be a cornholio yet again. Optimism emanates from the overheated cow pies! Or, is that odiferous funk simply cornholios agony from their knowledge that their existence is tied to one of Dante’s Circles of Hell? The world may never know.

Last edited:
I have a few nebraska friends, and I can even admit to having had a decent time in lincoln, granted the game's outcome last year was the main reason. You seem like a nice guy, but look man, you're expecting too much from us, and if you come to Boulder expecting civility... ...you're going to be somewhat disappointed, especially from our fans in their college-20s. Guys like me in their 30s and up of course will be more mature, but just so we're clear...there will never be a clean slate between us and nebraska. Why??? Because it's sports, fandom is nonsensical really, and I hate your football team. I will always hate your football team. I hate your whole athletic department really; I wouldn't mind it if it completely collapsed, except for football, because I want the potential of beating you guys to exist. Enjoy Boulder and hope you have fun (aside from the game's results), but avoid the younger fans - they're going to be rude. Don't take it so seriously though - it's part of traveling to support your team. Lastly, **** nebraska, **** osborne, **** lawrence phillips, **** alex henery, **** christian peters, **** herbie husker, **** tyronn lue, **** big red nation, etc.
giphy.gif

NU VS CU
49 wins
19 losses
2 ties

ALL-TIME WINS

WEEKS IN THE POLLS

BOWL GAMES APPEARANCES

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

HEISMAN WINNERS

ALL AMERICANS

NFL DRAFT PICKS

HOME SELL OUT STREAK
NU - 368 in a row - Sold out since 1962 Same fanbase who forgot to refund Akron tickets because they didn't want to jeopardize this.
CU - 0

CATEGORIES WINNERS ABOVE
NU - ALL
CU - NONE

NU 6
CU 26

Oooooo I think I did strike a nerve with our new Nub troll. You guys are just like Raider fans-Tom Osborne is your John Madden.

I 100% respect everything you just said, and I take no offense to any of it. You are a CU fan all the way, and you have the right to hate Nebraska athletics. The best part is, you can still be a decent person and tell NU to F-OFF. We could drink a beer together, talk ****, and walk away having fun. No piss ballons needed. That is a good day!

NU VS CU
49 wins
19 losses
2 ties

ALL-TIME WINS

WEEKS IN THE POLLS

BOWL GAMES APPEARANCES

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

HEISMAN WINNERS

ALL AMERICANS

NFL DRAFT PICKS

HOME SELL OUT STREAK
CU - 0

CATEGORIES WINNERS ABOVE
NU - ALL
CU - NONE

NU 6
CU 26
You forgot one.

33-28

Also. Scott Frosts’s coaching record against CU- 0-1.

Last edited:
I look at that and my main thought with both programs is: what they hell happened to put us both into such a down cycle? My "blame others" answer has to do with the North/South configuration of the Big 12 being a really bad setup for us. But my more honest "look in the mirror" answer is that most of the problems have been self-inflicted. I think both programs are in recovery now. I also think that it will be harder for Nebraska to get back to what it was in this new landscape of college football despite the tradition and resources due to the natural recruiting grounds and the lack of annual games to bring the program exposure where it needs to be recruiting.
I agree with you on all points. Very well said. I miss the big 8 and big 12. I was accused of being a youngster by a poster, but I am 42. I have been to many NU vs. CU games in Folsom and was there for the 62 to 36 thrashing. I was in Memorial Stadium in 1991 in the freezing rain when you beat us and went on to win the National Championship. I have been to the Boulder bars, Pearl Street, etc. before and after a game, many times. I am fully aware of potential spirited fans. However, its always a few that spoil it for everyone. All fan groups have the fringe a-hole or mythical story that they hang onto. In the end, who cares. In large part the majority of fans a good people. Especially when they are face to face and not hiding behind a keyboard. In the end, the NU vs. CU game is bigger than all the bs.
As you said, I hope both teams can get their programs back to the top very soon. We play you again at Folsom in 3 years. Wouldn’t it be great if both teams were nationally relevant when we meet again? I can’t say it enough, I have a lot of respect for CU, and I have been looking forward to this game for a long time.

I agree with you on all points. Very well said. I miss the big 8 and big 12. I was accused of being a youngster by a poster, but I am 42. I have been to many NU vs. CU games in Folsom and was there for the 62 to 36 thrashing. I was in Memorial Stadium in 1991 in the freezing rain when you beat us and went on to win the National Championship. I have been to the Boulder bars, Pearl Street, etc. before and after a game, many times. I am fully aware of potential spirited fans. However, its always a few that spoil it for everyone. All fan groups have the fringe a-hole or mythical story that they hang onto. In the end, who cares. In large part the majority of fans a good people. Especially when they are face to face and not hiding behind a keyboard. In the end, the NU vs. CU game is bigger than all the bs.
As you said, I hope both teams can get their programs back to the top very soon. We play you again at Folsom in 3 years. Wouldn’t it be great if both teams were nationally relevant when we meet again? I can’t say it enough, I have a lot of respect for CU, and I have been looking forward to this game for a long time.
One final thought on this: CU fans have no interest in a friendly rivalry or to conform to some notion of "classy." We like hating you and being assholes. And that dynamic serves us both very well. It launched CU to its national championship and spurred NU to its greatest run in reaction to it. Not liking each other while playing regularly is good for both programs (whether or not everyone wants to admit it).

I 100% respect everything you just said, and I take no offense to any of it. You are a CU fan all the way, and you have the right to hate Nebraska athletics. The best part is, you can still be a decent person and tell NU to F-OFF. We could drink a beer together, talk ****, and walk away having fun. No piss ballons needed. That is a good day!

But what if I just want to tell you to **** off and walk away and drink my own beer with my friends? No piss balloons? You're smoking crack bud.

NU VS CU
49 wins
19 losses
2 ties

ALL-TIME WINS

WEEKS IN THE POLLS

BOWL GAMES APPEARANCES

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

HEISMAN WINNERS

ALL AMERICANS

NFL DRAFT PICKS

HOME SELL OUT STREAK
CU - 0

CATEGORIES WINNERS ABOVE
NU - ALL
CU - NONE

NU 6
CU 26
Oh neat! A history lesson! At one point the mongols were dominant. For a long time Romans ruled the known world. In the past nu was a pretty damn good football team in spite of the obvious deficiencies in their state, school and fan base. ****ing fascinating....and meaningless. What matters is what’s going to happen to your team and your fans in about 6 weeks. If your fat gunt mother really lets you come out bring an oxygen tank and a helmet you goofy bitch.

One final thought on this: CU fans have no interest in a friendly rivalry or to conform to some notion of "classy." We like hating you and being assholes. And that dynamic serves us both very well. It launched CU to its national championship and spurred NU to its greatest run in reaction to it. Not liking each other while playing regularly is good for both
programs (whether or not everyone wants to admit it).
True all of what is mentioned. EXCEPT therefrom the concept of a rivalry. It doesn't really exist if it's one way.

Back