What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

so where do you see wins in that schedule? Purdue? any others?
I think Purdue may be better than the experts think. I like their coach so far.

On talent, Nebraska is probably still in that 6-10 range in B1G. Problem is with coaching changes and system changes there always results in uneven depth charts and some locker room chemistry issues as people see their roles and mentors change. I think they'll struggle this year and end up missing a bowl, but I don't think they'll be a bad team and they'll have a legit shot in 9 or 10 of their 12 games (favored in half of those). That's my Nub guess, anyway.

The thing to remember with Nebraska is that their ‘17 class ranked 12 spots higher than ours, but the #2, #6, and #8 recruits in that class never made it to campus. In addition, their #4 recruit was a 4* QB who was recruited for a different offense. He might work in Frost’s offense just fine, we will have to see. There’s some obvious speculation that he and/or the QB from the previous class might transfer depending on who wins the starting job. Anyway, the point is that based on who made it to campus, we would have definitely ranked higher than them in ‘17, which is a big deal considering both teams will be depending on guys from that class.

Riley and staff also horribly managed scholarship distribution and they just transitioned to a 3-4 last year, so they still have some of those tweeners on the roster like we do. Just like MM, Frost recognized some holes and went hard in JUCO recruiting. There’s a reason they went 4-8 last year, that doesn’t just happen no matter who they want to shove all of the blame on.

At the end of the day, Frost is a good coach who capitalized on the AD’s desperation and got his entire staff huge raises. He might bring Nebraska back to the national conversation, but that’s going to take time and as jeric said in a previous thread, there’s no reason to be more scared of playing @Nebraska than @Utah or @Washington State at this point. Gtfo with these 20pt loss predictions or you can meet me in Temecula.

The thing to remember with Nebraska is that their ‘17 class ranked 12 spots higher than ours, but the #2, #6, and #8 recruits in that class never made it to campus. In addition, their #4 recruit was a 4* QB who was recruited for a different offense. He might work in Frost’s offense just fine, we will have to see. There’s some obvious speculation that he and/or the QB from the previous class might transfer depending on who wins the starting job. Anyway, the point is that based on who made it to campus, we would have definitely ranked higher than them in ‘17, which is a big deal considering both teams will be depending on guys from that class.

Riley and staff also horribly managed scholarship distribution and they just transitioned to a 3-4 last year, so they still have some of those tweeners on the roster like we do. Just like MM, Frost recognized some holes and went hard in JUCO recruiting. There’s a reason they went 4-8 last year, that doesn’t just happen no matter who they want to shove all of the blame on.

At the end of the day, Frost is a good coach who capitalized on the AD’s desperation and got his entire staff huge raises. He might bring Nebraska back to the national conversation, but that’s going to take time and as jeric said in a previous thread, there’s no reason to be more scared of playing @Nebraska than @Utah or @Washington State at this point. Gtfo with these 20pt loss predictions or you can meet me in Temecula.
Yeah, that and FVCK 'braska forever. Like ever. I haven't touched foot in that state in over 5 years, and it was only to pass through while gazing awestruck at the miserable, desperate life they all lead hoping their big red can make a little noise in the B1G while husking corn. If I would have grown up in that god-forsaken state, I pray I wouldve been shown the light. Bunch of rabid, overall-wearin' wanktanks hoping for a miracle in Lincoln every Saturday in the fall. All one has to do is visit their fan forums to see how screwed up they are.

Last edited:
Take away football from CU and you have a world class public university with multiple Nobel Laureates and astronauts. A top research institution, law school and medical school.

Take away football from Nebraska and what exactly is left? A glorified junior college?

This is one of the best straight to the point takes I have ever heard. With all that you can do in and around Boulder and throughout the state, CU is heaven. Without Football at NU, it would be one of the most average institutions in the entire midwest. It would also be half the size it is because kids would head out of town to better schools, and UN Omaha would probably be the bigger school since it is in the bigger town. NU would be a Volleyball school at best. That is why it is all or nothing. I am actually just fine with playing Nebraska maybe 1-2 times per decade.

Reactions: Jay
I think Purdue may be better than the experts think. I like their coach so far.
Heres a stat...Purdue went from 117th in scoring defense giving up 38 ppg to 24th in 2017 at 20 ppg. Everyone thinks Brohm is the sh*t but that d-coord. Nick Holt for Purdue is sick. They lost a ton of seniors on the D side of the ball so well see next year.

You seem like quite a reasonable, forgiving chap. What's you're response to: "Sal is dead, Go Big Red!"?

If it's not to start filling piss balloons and practicing granny tossing, you're doing it wrong.
Did every NU fan get together and vote to make that their slogan? I’m guessing it was a bunch of drunk stupid college age NU fans. Classless. Tasteless. And still pisses us off 30 years later which means they were way more successful than they probably ever dreamed.

I want to beat them. Glad I don’t live there. But I’m too old to get wound up with hate over a game. I just want more vacations and live the dream that I won’t have to work until lunch on the day of my funeral.

so where do you see wins in that schedule? Purdue? any others?

Akron, Troy and Illinois

The following are 50/50 but I’m predicting wins because they are at home. Nebraska has talent despite the 4-8 record last year: Colorado (Will the staff have everyone on the same page by game 2? We will see.) Purdue, Minnesota.

Hopefully steal a win or 2 from: Northwestern, Michigan St., Iowa.

Losses: Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St.

I’m predicting 6-6 for the season. Anything better than that would be outstanding.

**** Nebraska and all that for sure, but I like what Frost has to say here

giphy.gif

True. Except next year also includes @ Ohio St. @ Michigan and Michigan St.

That's brutal man....wait a minute...CU plays Washington, Stanford, and Oregon out of the North next year...no easy games either since Oregon State comes off CU's schedule for 2019 & 2020 which means we get Washington State as well (Stanford and Cal rotate every two seasons). The Pac-12 South is no cakewalk either.

If that is the case, perhaps Frost doesn't get his first winning season until 2020?

A little off topic but WTF?

Look at the back of a package of Boulder Canyon chips and notice that questions or concerns should be addressed to a place in Omaha Nebraska???

Cultural appropriation!
Deceptive advertising!
**** these chips!

Look at the back of a package of Boulder Canyon chips and notice that questions or concerns should be addressed to a place in Omaha Nebraska???

Cultural appropriation!
Deceptive advertising!
**** these chips!

Put ‘em in the trash!

That reminds me of the old pace picante sauce adds.

Cultural appropriation!
Deceptive advertising!
**** these chips!

Not a lot of minimum wage phone rooms in Boulder County. Call the number, let us know how methy the person who answers sounds.

1618C288-BA81-4B60-95A8-0AA08343DB64.jpeg
View attachment 25222
I never thought that one picture could sum up my hatred of the Fuskers until I saw this while driving today.

Typical...Nebraska now has a plate with artwork done by an Omaha artist, that does some work with my neighborhood/community heads, and it has a Buffalo on it. While, I’m not into the vanity plate thing, I will be spending a few extra bucks on something that I know will be worth the cause. Plus, along with my Buffs sticker, my collegiate leanings will be well known!

Hey folks, every Nebraska Board, and many of my friends in Nebraska are not even hesitating calling the Buffs-Cornhuskers game a guaranteed win for the Fuskers!!! There is no hesitation, no worries, not even a potential reason that they would lose to us. They say the 10-4 season was with guys who are gone, and the D Coordinator was everything, and now the team is way beneath them and the perceived greatness of the Big Red A-Holes is back in college football heaven. I argued with one, and he strongly already believes in Frost and the Koolaid is flowing whole hog for next season. I firmly believe the opposite is true. I feel like this Nebraska team may not even know how to actually play football with all the changes and the fact that the QB's will not know the offense that well, and the defense from last year was beyond terrible, even worse than ours with not a ton of talent to immediately improve them! Also, their DC has not put that good of a product on the field and if not for a ton of turnovers, they would have let everyone score 50 points every single game against UCF. Everyone is predicting between 6-9 wins for the Chuckers, and even some upsets and shock the world kind of crap. UCF was still confused and not that great his first year, and no way on the second game of the new campaign will they know what is coming for them from CU, especially the offense!!! They can eat a bag of D**ks with their smug attitude and I so want the Buffs to roll in and boat race them right out of the stadium and send the fans home wondering what the hell just happened!

Last edited:
View attachment 25225

Typical...Nebraska now has a plate with artwork done by an Omaha artist, that does some work with my neighborhood/community heads, and it has a Buffalo on it. While, I’m not into the vanity plate thing, I will be spending a few extra bucks on something that I know will be worth the cause. Plus, along with my Buffs sticker, my collegiate leanings will be well known!
Can you get it customized?
GO CU or 62-36 would both fit.

I can’t believe maniacal fixation on this site with tarring the entire school.
I don't know if "tarring" them is the right term or not but you know. **** them. **** their football program, **** their entire athletic department, **** their students, **** their administration, **** their alumni, **** their donors, **** their town, **** the tax payers that help fund that dump, **** their state, **** anyone from there that now lives somewhere else but still likes to hear about or go home.

is that "tarring"?

Back