What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I don't know if "tarring" them is the right term or not but you know. **** them. **** their football program, **** their entire athletic department, **** their students, **** their administration, **** their alumni, **** their donors, **** their town, **** the tax payers that help fund that dump, **** their state, **** anyone from there that now lives somewhere else but still likes to hear about or go home.

is that "tarring"?

I’ll bring the feathers.

I don't know if "tarring" them is the right term or not but you know. **** them. **** their football program, **** their entire athletic department, **** their students, **** their administration, **** their alumni, **** their donors, **** their town, **** the tax payers that help fund that dump, **** their state, **** anyone from there that now lives somewhere else but still likes to hear about or go home.

is that "tarring"?
When DBT was a youngster, all the cool kids were doing it.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/17-12.207128/

ddp0tCfh.jpg

Another message on a Husker message board to get your blood boiling:

"As we did in 1991 with Miami and Washington. I remember the debates in 1990 and 1991 about who was the true championship and I thought it was pretty simple. Look at the games against us.

IMO, 1990's national champion was GT. In 1990- we out played CU for 3 quarters and GT smacked us around the whole game. We were down to our 3rd string QB against GT but I don't think that mattered much. Joesph and Grant were both glorified RBs.

Ditto for 1991 - we out played U-Dub for 3 quarters but never had a shot against the U. Miami was clearly the better team."

I was at the game at Nebraska and using the phrase "we outplayed CU for 3 quarters" is freaking hilarious!!! Had EB not fumbled 3 times, that game would have ended up being 41-6 at least. We were running all over them and EB fumbled on the NU 3 and 20 yard lines. We played them at their house in terrible conditions against their starting QB, while the Huskers played the 3rd stringer against Tech in the bowl game. I believe Osborne coached that bowl game to lose by enough points to justify his stupid vote. I get he may not like Coach Mac building up the rivalry to the point that we were better than them, but to stab your own conference in the back is stupid and proves that despite the god like opinion of Osborne, he is just a sore loser like all of us other mortals.

We must end them!!!

"As we did in 1991 with Miami and Washington. I remember the debates in 1990 and 1991 about who was the true championship and I thought it was pretty simple. Look at the games against us.

IMO, 1990's national champion was GT. In 1990- we out played CU for 3 quarters and GT smacked us around the whole game. We were down to our 3rd string QB against GT but I don't think that mattered much. Joesph and Grant were both glorified RBs.

Ditto for 1991 - we out played U-Dub for 3 quarters but never had a shot against the U. Miami was clearly the better team."

I was at the game at Nebraska and using the phrase "we outplayed CU for 3 quarters" is freaking hilarious!!! Had EB not fumbled 3 times, that game would have ended up being 41-6 at least. We were running all over them and EB fumbled on the NU 3 and 20 yard lines. We played them at their house in terrible conditions against their starting QB, while the Huskers played the 3rd stringer against Tech in the bowl game. I believe Osborne coached that bowl game to lose by enough points to justify his stupid vote. I get he may not like Coach Mac building up the rivalry to the point that we were better than them, but to stab your own conference in the back is stupid and proves that despite the god like opinion of Osborne, he is just a sore loser like all of us other mortals.

We must end them!!!

Why are you lurking on Nub boards? Of course you can find some deluded posts.

I do not know, that is a good point, why the hell was I on there? I hate Nebraska so much that I was looking for something to hate them more about and Google found it for me.

That means I shouldn't be lurking on HuskerMax either?

Lurk wherever you want. Just don't complain about it here.

BTW: I have never been to, nor will I ever visit, Huskermax. It doesn't sound like a sports discussion board.

We must end them!!!

I love how they use "games against them" as a tiebreaker. Call me biased, but I personally think 1990 was the greatest team in the history of the sport, and not just at CU. Look at the schedule-Tennessee was the SEC runner-up (went 5-1-1 in conference play to Florida's 6-1) and we tied them. Illinois was the co-Big Ten champ. We played them on the road and lost by one. Texas won the SWC. We beat them on the road. Washington won the Pac-10, and also won the Rose Bowl. We beat them too. Almost forgot-We also beat both Oklahoma and Nebraska (on the road here too) in conference play. That schedule was so insane I think that team could have lost again and made the CFP or BCS title game had either system been around at that time. Is there another team in the history of this sport who played a schedule that brutal and nearly went through it unblemished?

Its a husker message board-every freaking thing on there is deluded. I know we haven't seen them in 7 years, but they're still the worst fanbase in all of sports.

I love how they use "games against them" as a tiebreaker. Call me biased, but I personally think 1990 was the greatest team in the history of the sport, and not just at CU. Look at the schedule-Tennessee was the SEC runner-up (went 5-1-1 in conference play to Florida's 6-1) and we tied them. Illinois was the co-Big Ten champ. We played them on the road and lost by one. Texas won the SWC. We beat them on the road. Washington won the Pac-10, and also won the Rose Bowl. We beat them too. Almost forgot-We also beat both Oklahoma and Nebraska (on the road here too) in conference play. That schedule was so insane I think that team could have lost again and made the CFP or BCS title game had either system been around at that time. Is there another team in the history of this sport who played a schedule that brutal and nearly went through it unblemished?

Wow. Just wow. That's BOLD.

I love CU and was at both Orange Bowl games having the luck of geography on my side. Those games led to me to CU eventually. Having watched a lot of 80s Miami football I cant agree with you.

2001 Miami, 12-0 scoring 512 points and surrendering only 117 during the year. Miami’s margin of victory was greater against ranked teams than against unranked opponents. The Miami defense allowed 13 touchdowns, had 39 sacks for 291 yards, 27 interceptions for 539 yards. The UM OL gave up only 4 sacks on the season. The Hurricanes capped off the campaign by beating Nebraska, 37-14, in the Rose Bowl for the BCS championship.

1995 Nebraska, 12-0 averaged 50 plus points a game and defeated four teams ranked in the Top 10. Won every one of those games by no less than 23 points. averaged 53 points a game, and gave up 14 per game. Trailed for one quarter all season, and handed Florida its only loss of the season, 62-24, in the Fiesta Bowl

2005 Texas, 13-0 scored 652 points in 13 games while holding their opponents to 213 points. Beat previously unbeaten and defending champion Southern California, 41-38, in a thrilling BCS title game.

1979 Alabama, 12-0 beat Arkansas 24-9 in the Sugar Bowl. Posted five shutouts, and won seven of 12 games by three touchdowns or more. Ranked first in scoring defense, second in total and passing defense and fifth in rushing defense.

1972 Southern California, 12-0 went undefeated and beat Ohio State, 42-17, in the Rose Bowl. Defeated six ranked teams. Only Stanford came within 10 points of the Trojans all year. USC’s offense averaged 39 points a game, and their opponents averaged 10. They were the first team to ever receive every single first place vote in every single poll.

Wow. Just wow. That's BOLD.

I love CU and was at both Orange Bowl games having the luck of geography on my side. Those games led to me to CU eventually. Having watched a lot of 80s Miami football I cant agree with you.

2001 Miami, 12-0 scoring 512 points and surrendering only 117 during the year. Miami’s margin of victory was greater against ranked teams than against unranked opponents. The Miami defense allowed 13 touchdowns, had 39 sacks for 291 yards, 27 interceptions for 539 yards. The UM OL gave up only 4 sacks on the season. The Hurricanes capped off the campaign by beating Nebraska, 37-14, in the Rose Bowl for the BCS championship.

1995 Nebraska, 12-0 averaged 50 plus points a game and defeated four teams ranked in the Top 10. Won every one of those games by no less than 23 points. averaged 53 points a game, and gave up 14 per game. Trailed for one quarter all season, and handed Florida its only loss of the season, 62-24, in the Fiesta Bowl

2005 Texas, 13-0 scored 652 points in 13 games while holding their opponents to 213 points. Beat previously unbeaten and defending champion Southern California, 41-38, in a thrilling BCS title game.

1979 Alabama, 12-0 beat Arkansas 24-9 in the Sugar Bowl. Posted five shutouts, and won seven of 12 games by three touchdowns or more. Ranked first in scoring defense, second in total and passing defense and fifth in rushing defense.

1972 Southern California, 12-0 went undefeated and beat Ohio State, 42-17, in the Rose Bowl. Defeated six ranked teams. Only Stanford came within 10 points of the Trojans all year. USC’s offense averaged 39 points a game, and their opponents averaged 10. They were the first team to ever receive every single first place vote in every single poll.
I hated them, but I think the 2001 Miami team has to be part of the conversation too.

Good to see you on this board. I can sense the excitement in Huskerland...perhaps until CU beats them in Lincoln?

The excitement is kind of annoying. Though, if it boosts the economy here in Omaha in some ways - happy fans buying stuff in mass consumption. Then I will go with the flow in black, silver, and gold. Though, a win on 9/8 in Lincoln would be an awesome statement...I’m working my channels to be there in person, but the time of day the game is played at is key since my wife works Saturday AM/early afternoons (big money day for hairstylists) and I cannot subject my two-year-old daughter to nub shenanigans...

Wife is a Husker fan?

Nope. I don’t think that she could name a husker player from her lifetime. She does seemed stoked/slightly annoyed at the bond that my daughter and I have with CU football. I did get a shirt for my wife to wear on game days. She has worn it on a few Saturdays.

Just going to leave this here, it speaks for itself.

Attachments

• BD22BC8B-4E71-48A6-A920-6D71FBFA075A.jpeg
    BD22BC8B-4E71-48A6-A920-6D71FBFA075A.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 0185C030-EEE6-433D-A7D1-AF04B1B6D4A0.jpeg
    0185C030-EEE6-433D-A7D1-AF04B1B6D4A0.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 29
Back