What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Not that impressed with the Husker Spring Game. Martinez is touched patty cake before he threw his TD and the O-Line looked sloppy and fat. Still do not see elite UCF or Oregon speed anywhere on the field, is Frost sure he took the right job?
Saw the wide throws over and over which begs to ask how Tucker and Summers will position corners for that game? Seems like press man would be best, rather than the 10 yard cushions we gave last year!

Not that impressed with the Husker Spring Game. Martinez is touched patty cake before he threw his TD and the O-Line looked sloppy and fat. Still do not see elite UCF or Oregon speed anywhere on the field, is Frost sure he took the right job?
Saw the wide throws over and over which begs to ask how Tucker and Summers will position corners for that game? Seems like press man would be best, rather than the 10 yard cushions we gave last year!
Of course he didn’t take the right job. Florida would have been the right job.

I hope Martinez continues to do his fake slide trick over and over this year. I'd be happy with the 15 yards insurance penalty to make sure he is down. Hammer that ****er.

A good question on Martinez is the over/under on games played this year. I think it is very possible that in his college career he never plays a full schedule of games missing significant time due to leg injuries.

Bill McCartney won a NC and should have had another running the option but he saw the future and was responsible for creating it. As long as DEs and OLB were oriented towards stopping the Woody Hayes power running games the TB at QB concept would work.

Then you started to see teams recruit great athletes for those spots, guys with the quickness to match the option QB and with the size to punish the QB when they got there. With CU it was guys like Al Williams who was an excellent basketball player in HS and Ron Woolfork who was himself an option QB in HS in Detroit.

Now because of the RPOs and the spread formations teams are almost forced to find edge defenders who are quick enough to tackle a QB like Martinez in the open field. As he stretchs and twist trying to get loose or at least gain positive yardage his legs are going to be exposed to big strong guys who will grab him and twist him down. The injuries are inevitable.

Of course he didn’t take the right job. Florida would have been the right job.

I said that totally when this went down! I think he could have turned Florida back into something pretty dangerous just with the Florida speed he could have had easily. There is no way that enough elite speed comes up to Stinkin Lincoln Nebraska rather than stay at the U or in the Swamp.

I said that totally when this went down! I think he could have turned Florida back into something pretty dangerous just with the Florida speed he could have had easily. There is no way that enough elite speed comes up to Stinkin Lincoln Nebraska rather than stay at the U or in the Swamp.
I think his ego is big enough that he thinks he can bring the Osborne era back to Lincoln. Early results say he overestimated his abilities.

Allbuffs fact check time:
1. The Huskers are slooooow.
2. Frost is an idiot.
3. Frost picked the wrong school.
4. Frost is delusional.
5. Husker fans don't know foorball.
6. The Husker Defense is bad.
7. The Husker Offense is worse.
8. Frost can't recruit.
9. Martinez can't play football.
10. Nebraska doesn't have a chance vs the Buffs on 9/7/2019.
11. Nebraska sucks!

This thread is awesome!

Have I missed anything?

G.B.R.!
Yes, the score of last year’s game.

**** you Nub!
You left out:
1. Frost is a coward.
2. Frost got his ass handed to him when he was already deemed the messiah. Nothing has changed.
3. Martinez and his little fake slide is going to get him to another school.... the school of bartending.

You were right about points 9 and 10 though.

You have been around long enough to know that this thread is allsome. Go back to your half way house alternative school and get some smarts beat into you already.

2. Frost is an idiot.
4. Frost is delusional.
8. Frost can't recruit.
11. Nebraska sucks!

This thread is awesome!

Have I missed anything?

G.B.R.!

Scoreboard, and go **** yourself.

2. Frost is an idiot.
4. Frost is delusional.
8. Frost can't recruit.
11. Nebraska sucks!

This thread is awesome!

Have I missed anything?

G.B.R.!

You’re correct.

Mods: can we get G.B.* added as well and any other variations. Thanks.

I think his ego is big enough that he thinks he can bring the Osborne era back to Lincoln. Early results say he overestimated his abilities.

Like the rest of the Nebraska believers he thinks that they are going to return to the times of glory.

They don't get that the era is over. Nebraska no longer can automatically expect to get their share of the best athletes in the nation to go to Lincoln. They can no longer expect to beat teams because of their work in the weight room and the training table (and the chemistry lab.)

Nebraska is no longer on the list of schools that the very top prospects dream of getting an offer from. They can no longer win recruiting battles by telling kids to "watch us win again on TV with the game the nation is watching. They aren't going to win 9-10 games a year just on talent like they did in the 90's and that isn't coming back.

2. Frost is an idiot.
4. Frost is delusional.
8. Frost can't recruit.
11. Nebraska sucks!

This thread is awesome!

Have I missed anything?

G.B.R.!
First thing you’ve nailed since your cousin at last years reuinion.

True that.

I should have included:
12. The University of Nebraska is a remedial school for meth heads.

Sorry I missed that.
giphy.gif

Back