What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official "Not renewing my football tickets" Thread

We had this thread when Hawk was retained. Plenty of people wussed out and renewed. I expect a lot of the same tbh.

That is what Ringo is expecting, as well. He and I exchanged tweets on the subject. He said lots of people threaten to dump their season tickets but very few do.

I am hopeful that a change is made and it isn't necessary for fans to even consider dropping their tickets.

Didn't go to any games in 09 or 10, decided to go to the RMS in 11 and wasn't that impressed, bought the hype this year and went to the RMS again. Won't waste my money or time again on a program that accepts losing.

Will wait to see the changes made first. Hopefully the rookie mistakes are fixed during spring ball and fall practices.

Interesting phone conversation with a friend of mine this afternoon. She's an early 70's grad from the school of environmental design (architecturish). She's not a football fan by our standards, and she doesn't attend games (though she lives in Boulder).

She's a regular donor to the School of Environmental Design, but she told me that she won't donate until CU demands excellence from all of its programs. She specifically stated that she would withhold donations until changes were made in the football program. It was unsolicited, by the way--she just came out with it.

I told her she needs to share that info with the AD, the President, the Chancellor and the Regents.

To me, it's a breakthrough. It's not specific to athletics, it's spilling into academics.

Will go from 4 in 106 to maybe 2 in the lowest donation level area at best. Probably going to zero if no changes are made.

Interesting phone conversation with a friend of mine this afternoon. She's an early 70's grad from the school of environmental design (architecturish). She's not a football fan by our standards, and she doesn't attend games (though she lives in Boulder).

She's a regular donor to the School of Environmental Design, but she told me that she won't donate until CU demands excellence from all of its programs. She specifically stated that she would withhold donations until changes were made in the football program. It was unsolicited, by the way--she just came out with it.

I told her she needs to share that info with the AD, the President, the Chancellor and the Regents.

To me, it's a breakthrough. It's not specific to athletics, it's spilling into academics.

Not surprising. I would expect that any conversation she has where someone asks what she does for a living and she mentions CU, she has to deal with the other person saying "You guys suck".

We had this thread when Hawk was retained. Plenty of people wussed out and renewed. I expect a lot of the same tbh.

Maybe others won't wuss out this time. I ditched my tickets when Hawkins was given another year, and started up again when Embree was hired. That was the only year in the last twelve that I didn't have season tickets for football.

For those who are afraid to give them up, or might wuss out, I want you to know that it felt good to stick to my guns and not have season tickets that year. My bank account liked it as well.

Maybe others won't wuss out this time. I ditched my tickets when Hawkins was given another year, and started up again when Embree was hired. That was the only year in the last twelve that I didn't have season tickets for football.

For those who are afraid to give them up, or might wuss out, I want you to know that it felt good to stick to my guns and not have season tickets that year. My bank account liked it as well.

People will wuss out because they'll see that they can move up or that they don't want to lose their priority points. That's not going to change.

Buy ball season tix and don't renew FB ones.

Won't be donating for football unless Embree is out. I don't give hard earned money to people who welcome being whipping boys and a national laughingstock with open arms.

I did the same. I don't mess around with this stuff.

Not surprising. I would expect that any conversation she has where someone asks what she does for a living and she mentions CU, she has to deal with the other person saying "You guys suck".

I doubt that happens (she's in Boulder). I think she wants her University to be committed to excellence.

People will wuss out because they'll see that they can move up or that they don't want to lose their priority points. That's not going to change.

Buy ball season tix and don't renew FB ones.

Even really stupid spineless people like Bohn et al can look at the red numbers and think "this ain't good." Voting with our $ is the only voice we have.

I am amazed at the people that are not outright just cutting off all funding. I'm out for sure, no more tickets to anything until I see the same standards in the football program that we apply to academics.

I know everyone wants to support Basketball and I get that, but what if Kansas offered Tad Boyle twice his salary tomorrow? Where would we be then? Do you think we would venture out and pick up a proven winner or would we roll the dice again on some unproven guy? The AD needs to step up and NOW is their chance with football.

Take a guess, what percentage of season tickets are lost with the retention? Use a specific % and I will rep come next fall.

My guess: 27% non-renewal

Take a guess, what percentage of season tickets are lost with the retention? Use a specific % and I will rep come next fall.

My guess: 27% non-renewal

The loss this year just based on the results of a bad season and the excitement of a new conference wearing off look like they were somewhere in the 10-20% range. We hit about 25k for the 2011 season and that was closer to 20k for 2012.

After this historically bad season, if CU refuses to listen to fans again -- their failure to listen to us after the 2009 season is largely to blame for the hole the program is in -- I think we can conservatively predict another decline of up to 25% if Embree is retained. The season ticket base would be likely shrink to under 20k, maybe as low as 15k. On top of that, it looks like many who will stay with tickets will reduce the number of them and/or choose less premium seating options.

The revenue loss is likely in the millions of dollars.

The loss this year just based on the results of a bad season and the excitement of a new conference wearing off look like they were somewhere in the 10-20% range. We hit about 25k for the 2011 season and that was closer to 20k for 2012.

After this historically bad season, if CU refuses to listen to fans again -- their failure to listen to us after the 2009 season is largely to blame for the hole the program is in -- I think we can conservatively predict another decline of up to 25% if Embree is retained. The season ticket base would be likely shrink to under 20k, maybe as low as 15k. On top of that, it looks like many who will stay with tickets will reduce the number of them and/or choose less premium seating options.

The revenue loss is likely in the millions of dollars.

Listening to fans is no way to run a program. However, it's not clear what the vision at the might be, and whatever they're doing doesn't appear to be the right thing either.

Listening to fans is no way to run a program. However, it's not clear what the vision at the might be, and whatever they're doing doesn't appear to be the right thing either.

To clarify, they should listen. They just shouldn't let fans make the decisions. I don't want them managing by opinion polls, but they need to be weighing the feelings of the constituency in their decisions. And in 2009 the fans were right, we were ignored, and there will be blowback the university and AD can't afford if fans are ignored once again.

No offense, but 'Net posters do advocate extreme viewpoints. Many here were saying the stadium would be empty Fri, but 39,000 showed. I'm renewing. FB revenue is critical to all the sports and CU needs all the help it can get. I have a soccer playing 10 year-old, so I miss most games, but the cost is not that high.

No offense, but 'Net posters do advocate extreme viewpoints. Many here were saying the stadium would be empty Fri, but 39,000 showed. I'm renewing. FB revenue is critical to all the sports and CU needs all the help it can get. I have a soccer playing 10 year-old, so I miss most games, but the cost is not that high.

Fair opinion. I would point out that the 39k was not a good number and it was inflated because of "tickets distributed". Lots of freebies were given out and there were also a number of people who made plans to come to town before the season started and/or felt like they may as well use season tickets they had already purchased. 2013 will see a decline in ticket sales and attendance. It will be enough to be felt in the budget meetings. It could be crippling if they aren't able to sell the box seats.

Yeah - it amuses me how 38k and 39k are ok now. Those are awful, awful numbers, especially when then at least a few thousand of the 39k were free tickets that CU GAVE AWAY.

39,000 fans in a 54,000 seat stadium means 15,000+ empty seats.

Another year of Jon Embree and his band of bumbling idots, and the number of empty seats will only grow.

Anybody with a pulse was admitted to the game on Friday.

Not there this week, but last week, when I was going in with my old man something happened with the ticket scanner happened such that my ticket kept popping up as already being counted.

After the 3rd "wa-wa-waaaaaa" sound, Ticket scanner lady got a weird look on her face and basically said "**** it, go on in."

There is some validity to the extreme position, but I think most Allbuffs posters are actually pretty well informed and level headed. I guarantee you if Embree had won against Sac State, CSU, and Utah, and been a little more competitive in the other games then we could all point to progress after a 4-8 season. The epic failure that was this season was stunning.

I usually fly out once a year to a game, stay at the Outlook (zero waste, lol) and make a nice weekend of it. In fact last year I even came and saw a win, came for the Arizona game when we had 1 win, and I was still living in NY at the time. So yes I take my Buff football seriously. In any case I didn't even look at flights this season, this team was so bad and un-watchable.

And I know it isn't much, 1 guy buying 2 tickets, but I will not be making the trip next season as long as Embree is at the helm. He has taken us backwards and we will never recover as long as he is running the show. Do the right thing CU and take this program seriously, MAKE A CHANGE NOW!!!!!!

Back