What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon State Prediction Thread

Buffs 27
Beavers 26

Buffs score the last 14 points of the game and the Beavers turn the ball over on their last drive.

If we don't come up rusty from 21 days off, I have a really good feeling about the Buffs in this game.

CU Buffs: 31
Beavers: 27

38-24 Buffs win.

Why all the Beaver Love? They lost to EWU and should have lost to a bad SDSU team; if it wasn't for some last minute stupidity on the part of the SDSU QB throwing a pick six!!

Yeah, they can pass---because they absolutely have to! But....Anybody else read about the injury bug that's hit the OSU OL? 4 guys down already? And they can't run and their best RB may miss Sat. with a concussion? Their "D" is shaky at best and has little film on the Buffs "O"; besides which CU has had two weeks to further develop the playbook just for OSU.....

10 1/2 points is a trap (or gift), based on perceptions from last year and a real stupid betting public. Remember the line is set to even out the betting---if anybody doubts that, see: 'Bama vs. CSU.

38-24 Buffs win.

Why all the Beaver Love? They lost to EWU and should have lost to a bad SDSU team; if it wasn't for some last minute stupidity on the part of the SDSU QB throwing a pick six!!

Yeah, they can pass---because they absolutely have to! But....Anybody else read about the injury bug that's hit the OSU OL? 4 guys down already? And they can't run and their best RB may miss Sat. with a concussion? Their "D" is shaky at best and has little film on the Buffs "O"; besides which CU has had two weeks to further develop the playbook just for OSU.....

10 1/2 points is a trap (or gift), based on perceptions from last year and a real stupid betting public. Remember the line is set to even out the betting---if anybody doubts that, see: 'Bama vs. CSU.
I have been asking that same question. + they only had like 10 yards running the ball in that game. I do love me some beaver, just a different kind, one that will not bite back.

I have been asking that same question. + they only had like 10 yards running the ball in that game. I do love me some beaver, just a different kind, one that will not bite back.

You never met my SO! A CU win---score depends on TOs.

Beavers move the ball too well for our young D to keep up with. Having three weeks off doesnt help when it comes to playing at game speed.

Beavers 42
Buffs 28

I sure hope a lot of you AllBuffers are eating crow on Saturday evening. Seems like everyone is on the Beav bus. They got beat by eastern freak'n washington and barely beat an untalented san diego state team. Only had 10 yards rushing in their last game, half their ol is out or banged up, starting tailback has a concussion, like 121st in the nation at run stop and not much better at pass defense, the BUFFS have been bottled up for 21 days playing each other, PRich wants to get his stats back up-he is two games behind the rest of the nation, our slightly injured guys are healed up and healthy, our coaching staff has had two weeks to game plan for a team with 4 games, the beavs have two games to work on for us, shall I go on?

Coach has also had this team focused the past two weeks. Running 1's v 1's gets everyone's attention. It makes both teams better. Under Coach Mac 1, the team constantly practiced this way and because of it they could claim in practice they were playing the best offense in the nation against the best defense in the nation. I know we are not there by any stretch, but that kind of competition and the tempo HCMM likes to run, I think we are going to come out alot more disciplined and focused than many think.

I hope I'm eating crow.

But for all the stuff you bring up about OSU, you have to bring up that we've beaten one bad FBS team and one FCS team, we haven't left the state of Colorado, we are coming off the worst season in school history, and we're coming off a 21-day layoff. That's a lot to overcome in our first true road game and first conference game.

If nothing else, there's no reason to think that the sky is falling if we lose this game.

Either way, go Buffs.

Buffs 31
Rodents 28
The so-called rodents have beaten USC like a drum in Corvallis for many years. Reality check time. We are in the Pac-12 now, not playing Kansas who cares. We have joined a conference that have been playing each other for over 100 years. Get smarter!

The so-called rodents have beaten USC like a drum in Corvallis for many years. Reality check time. We are in the Pac-12 now, not playing Kansas who cares. We have joined a conference that have been playing each other for over 100 years. Get smarter!
someone has been working on their grammar!

38-24 Buffs win.

I'll admit it, I love beaver.

I sure hope a lot of you AllBuffers are eating crow on Saturday evening. Seems like everyone is on the Beav bus. They got beat by eastern freak'n washington and barely beat an untalented san diego state team. Only had 10 yards rushing in their last game, half their ol is out or banged up, starting tailback has a concussion, like 121st in the nation at run stop and not much better at pass defense, the BUFFS have been bottled up for 21 days playing each other, PRich wants to get his stats back up-he is two games behind the rest of the nation, our slightly injured guys are healed up and healthy, our coaching staff has had two weeks to game plan for a team with 4 games, the beavs have two games to work on for us, shall I go on?

CU's last road win in the pac 12 was? Utah? CU is much better on offense and can score quick but oregon state still has more speed and their qb and brooks will be a huge task to stop or contain. CU will be rusty and that's enough for the beavers to get ahead by two scores early. I hope cu goes in and battles right from the get go and makes this a game in the 4th quarter. I don't want to see a score from the past two years with cu on the road.

Also, CU better get diribe in gear and find some sort of a pass rush. Our secondary though improved, will get shredded if their qb has all day to pass.

Last edited:
CU's last road win in the pac 12 was? Utah? CU is much better on offense and can score quick but oregon state still has more speed and their qb and brooks will be a huge task to stop or contain. CU will be rusty and that's enough for the beavers to get ahead by two scores early. I hope cu goes in and battles right from the get go and makes this a game in the 4th quarter. I don't want to see a score from the past two years with cu on the road.
how hard is it to remember the only win CU had last year? CU Owns the pirate of the palouse!

Also, CU better get diribe in gear and find some sort of a pass rush. Our secondary though improved, will get shredded if their qb has all day to pass.

I know Washington State is pretty remote, but the last time I checked, they still are in the Pac 12.

The lack of a pass rush in the first two games was by design and was to make the QB beat us through the air and not on the ground, which worked well for us. Since Mannion isn't a mobile QB by any stretch of the imagination and the coaching staff has had two weeks to implement new blitzes we should get some pressure on him.

I also think you're overrating OSU by a good margin. This isn't the 2012 OSU with a tough D, they're not a very good team this year, and neither are we but we are a healthy team and OSU is not (their OL is very injured along with their RB who is used for screens a lot). OSU could very easily be 1-3 right now.

Back