What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

I'm not a baseball guy, but the Rox are much more important to the Denver economy than the Donks. LoDo doesn't happen without Coors Field. 81 home dates. The Nuggs & Avs match that when combined and sharing the Pepsi Center even though the crowds are smaller. They seem to be at least as important to Denver as the Broncos. It's really out of balance.

I think you underestimate the importance of the NFL brand here a bit. Merely having a NFL franchise is absolutely invaluable to a city.

It may not produce the direct results a MLB team does and a ballpark probably is a way better investment for a city than a football stadium is (cc: @chipwich and I talked about this the last time we saw each other, although San Diego is different from Denver), but being associated with the NFL brand is absolutely invaluable for Denver as a city, I think, and is one of the few things that continually makes the city nationally (and to a degree even globally) relevant.

The Broncos being one of the top NFL franchises undoubtedly also helps here.

I think you underestimate the importance of the NFL brand here a bit. Merely having a NFL franchise is absolutely invaluable to a city.

It may not produce the direct results a MLB team does and a ballpark probably is a way better investment for a city than a football stadium is (cc: @chipwich and I talked about this the last time we saw each other, although San Diego is different from Denver), but being associated with the NFL brand is absolutely invaluable for Denver as a city, I think, and is one of the few things that continually makes the city nationally (and to a degree even globally) relevant.

The Broncos being one of the top NFL franchises undoubtedly also helps here.
Pump the brakes - Denver is hardly nationally relevant.

As much as I am enjoying watching PL do his thing and shine, you guys sound like all Phillip Lindsay radio. It's been two games. Don't need to clear a space in Canton for him just yet.
Dude - He IS all over national radio. Somebody else other than just us homers recognize he's pretty damn good. You're right, though, he's not yet ready for Canton. YET.

So, by your logic, Colorado Springs is globally relevant? Just because this is a great place to live, it doesn’t mean that it has a critical impact on national population, GDP, etc. Travel outside the U.S. and less than half the people you meet have heard of Denver, let alone Colorado. Those that have, recognize Colorado for the mountains, not the Broncos.

Dang, why you gotta harsh on Colorado, Mr. Chitownbuff? Admittedly, it is not Tokyo or NYC or even Rome, but it's pretty nice...

So, by your logic, Colorado Springs is globally relevant? Just because this is a great place to live, it doesn’t mean that it has a critical impact on national population, GDP, etc. Travel outside the U.S. and less than half the people you meet have heard of Denver, let alone Colorado. Those that have, recognize Colorado for the mountains, not the Broncos.

Edit: I was a huge Broncos fan growing up. My family moved to New Orleans when I was a kid and I went to their hotel when they made the super bowl and I still have a pennant that has like all of their autographs on it. John Elway, Karl Mecklanburg, Ricky Nateel, Dan Reeves, Steve Atwater (or was he later?) and others. But I don't care much about the NFL anymore. I can't root for that ****er Von Miller but Phil has been fun to watch. I'll root for Phil and now have a reason to watch the odd NFL game if it's on in my market.

Last edited:
One guy asks why we’re talking about Phil in the official Phil thread and you guys take it off the rails on a thread jack about how relevant Denver is nationally.

Back on topic. I love Phillip Lindsay.

PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY PHILLIP LINDSAY

Do you work for Mortenson Construction?

No, but I’ve worked with them and GE Johnson. Johnson is doing the union station condos and finished the 28 story apartments off Curtis st. Union station I do not like, will be a hit because of the area but I do not like the design. It’s like new age hipster meets old school industrial but only for the super rich, it’s flat out ugly inside. Curtis St. was a hold nothing back, spare no expense building. It’s beautiful inside and out and their amenities are top notch. We all know how we all feel about CSU stadium :)

You don't yell at the referees?

When my kids played HS ball, I was pretty reserved unless the refs ****ed up. Especially when that ****ing up was something that could have led to someone getting hurt.

Then I got loud.
Actually, no I don't. Do I want to sometimes? Sure I do. It always comes back to this with me. This is my son's time to make some noise, I had my shot. Whatever I think I need to tell him, I'll tell him at home. I don't wanna be one those parents that bitches so damn much that it stops being about the kids. I've already changed seats this year because of a peckerwood parent. The ref made a bad call on a play, but you don't tell him you will be waiting for him after the game. That ****er yelled it in front of the whole crowd. Dude was not drunk, extremely drunk, surprised they even let him in. I'm not gonna embarrass my son conducting myself that way. It's just a pleasure to watch him go out and play ball, he's earned that chance.

Back