What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

It’s actually unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE. That Phil is the best RB on the Broncos. Not a diss by any measure just simply incredible the way the stars aligned. Also didn’t he run for more than 1700 yards as a senior in a p5 conference? Atrocious he wasn’t drafted.

It’s actually unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE. That Phil is the best RB on the Broncos. Not a diss by any measure just simply incredible the way the stars aligned. Also didn’t he run for more than 1700 yards as a senior in a p5 conference? Atrocious he wasn’t drafted.

But some guy with a fraction of Phil's heart and desire got drafted because he was 6'1" 215 lbs and ran a 4.4 at the combine that Phil wasn't invited to.

I actually like them using Freeman to soften up defenses, He doesn't have the big play potential of Phil but he has a style that tires out defenders. He is averaging 4.4 a carry and almost always gets positive yardage.

We know Phil can handle a load, he did it for four years at CU but I would prefer not to get him beat up and to have him fresh late in games when the defenders are more likely to be a half a step slower.

I'm amazed how many snaps Booker is getting late in games. When he's out there you are essentially down a man. I still haven't seen him as a crucial pass blocker (I've seen him get burned a couple times.) When he runs or goes for screen passes he's a huge downgrade compared to Freeman and Lindsay.

Not this year, but I bet he would next year. He has a quote saying he is just borrowing it.
They won’t cut Booker this year, so the question was really more about future years. I don’t think the NFL allows mid-season number changes anyway.

I did fantasy football for the first time ever and picked Taz for sentimental reasons...had no idea it'd pay off like this...plus RF is out and they're playing the Chiefs...he should get me a ton of points this week!

He did that on in a season where most of the people we played were trying to stop him. Our passing game is much better now than it was last year. I'm not surprised by this at all. We all watched Phil for the last four years, and we knew what the Broncos were getting when he agreed to sign with them. He's earned the right to get the lion's share of the workload here the next few weeks.....and I can't wait to watch him continue to shred the NFL.

I did fantasy football for the first time ever and picked Taz for sentimental reasons...had no idea it'd pay off like this...plus RF is out and they're playing the Chiefs...he should get me a ton of points this week!
Got him in my dynasty league for the same reasons...SOOOOO glad I did. Phillip has only just begun - we ain't seen nothin', yet.

Picked Phil and Shaquon in my PPR fantasy league. Cash money for my running backs.

Drafted him for sentimental reasons as well, but have had him in the starting lineup every week since then.

Obviously this comparison is ridiculous for a variety of reasons but...

People like to say things like, "If you would have paid attention to him at CU, you'd know he was capable of being successful in the NFL", but IMO, if we're being objective, he never looked as explosive at CU as he does for the Broncos. Sure, he had his "wow" moments in Boulder, but every time he touches the ball in the NFL, he has a burst that makes NFL defenses look like they're running at collegiate speed. I don't think even the most rabid CU fan thought he would be as good as he's been to this point.

Got him in my dynasty league for the same reasons...SOOOOO glad I did. Phillip has only just begun - we ain't seen nothin', yet.
Picked Phil and Shaquon in my PPR fantasy league. Cash money for my running backs.

Drafted him for sentimental reasons as well, but have had him in the starting lineup every week since then.
Haha, same here. Probably everyone on AB who is playing Fantasy took him as a late round lottery pick. JACKPOT!!

People like to say things like, "If you would have paid attention to him at CU, you'd know he was capable of being successful in the NFL", but IMO, if we're being objective, he never looked as explosive at CU as he does for the Broncos. Sure, he had his "wow" moments in Boulder, but every time he touches the ball in the NFL, he has a burst that makes NFL defenses look like they're running at collegiate speed. I don't think even the most rabid CU fan thought he would be as good as he's been to this point.
Disagree with the first point, agree with the second. He's gotten better every year, but he's not night and day different.

I, too, picked Phil for sentimental reason for FF - also Patrick Mahomes. And they have both been HUGE for me (even though my team is mediocre overall).

I'm amazed how many snaps Booker is getting late in games. When he's out there you are essentially down a man. I still haven't seen him as a crucial pass blocker (I've seen him get burned a couple times.) When he runs or goes for screen passes he's a huge downgrade compared to Freeman and Lindsay.
Some coaches aren't as concerned with pass blocking from their backs as many on here think. Tons of top flight backs can't block to save their lives.

He did show explosiveness at CU, you don't generate the kind of production he did without explosive plays.

As fans though those explosive plays were buried among the huge number of plays that didn't look great because he was playing without much OL support and against defenses that were keyed to stop him.

I know people want to see more of him with the Broncos but if I was the coach I would continue to use him in a similar fashion to the way they are. Freeman isn't as effective per touch as Phil but he is very productive as well. Let him beat on the defenses, let him tire them out while gaining positive yardage. Then you mix in a Phil who is fresh and not physically beat up throughout the game and as the defense starts to lose that step Phil is even more dangerous. This is part of why Phil has been as effective as he is.

Phil did carry a heavy load at CU, he has shown he can do it. In my mind though he is much more effective and much more dangerous when used in balance with a guy who is the workhorse like Freeman.

The complaint that I have is that with Phil and Royce I see no reason to waste snaps on Booker who is the classic JAG. Booker should only be getting touches when one of the other two needs a break or when the game is no longer on the line and you want to reduce hits on the first two.

Back