What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread CU vs Oregon

Why are they proud of not going to a school? I've never thought that you had to go to a school to be a fan of the football team but to have pride in that seems strange to me.
You sound like one of those pointy-headed intellectuals, always lording your book-reading smarts over the rest of us . . .

Why are they proud of not going to a school? I've never thought that you had to go to a school to be a fan of the football team but to have pride in that seems strange to me.
because "it's too easy to cheer fer the team you paid you to support".

I actually don't have first hand knowledge of this, but it was a phenomenon reported in Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer by Warren St. John (which is not recommended football literature).

Watched ESPN's "The Experts" this morning ... Mike Bellotti, Jason Sehorn, an ex-UCLA player and some guy named Luginbill. They spent a good 10 minutes at the beginning of the show talking about what's with Oregon. They talked about their upcoming schedule, and never once mentioned that they're coming to Boulder this week.

That's how far we've dropped off the radar ... seems like this week's game is considered inconsequential since we don't have a chance. Maybe that changes after Saturday night.
I was in Vegas the weekend of the UMass game. I could not get the CU game turned on at 2 different major sports books on the strip. The game was blacked out on the P12N. That was a depressing sign as to how far we have fallen.

EDIT, Shldr beat me to it, so here's more pics of Olivia Harlan:
OLmm89a.jpg

where is o's injury list? all their big plays where by guys that got injured during utes game.

where is o's injury list? all their big plays where by guys that got injured during utes game.
They don't have one. Like every other team in the country.

From what I can find though

Byron Marshall WR 1 is out
Tyler Johnstone LT 1 is out

DeForest Buckner, DE 1 did not participate in practice (in a walking boot)
Tyrell Crosby, RT 1 did not participate in practice (in a walking boot)
Doug Brenner, LG/C 2 did not participate in practice (in a walking boot)

Last edited:
They don't have one. Like every other team in the country.

From what I can find though

Byron Marshall WR 1 is out
Tyler Johnstone LT 1 is out

DeForest Buckner, DE 1 did not participate in practice
Tyrell Crosby, RT 1 did not participate in practice
Doug Brenner, LG/C 2 did not participate in practice
Wow, 4 starters could be out, including 2 Offensive Linemen? Big, if true!

And that's just the players that could be out. Vernon Adams has the broken index finger on his throwing hand and is getting nothing on his throws, but will probably still play. Don't be fooled by the logo, this is not a very good team right now.

And that's just the players that could be out. Vernon Adams has the broken index finger on his throwing hand and is getting nothing on his throws, but will probably still play. Don't be fooled by the logo, this is not a very good team right now.

Ya we will see both QB's. I think VA is definitely more dangerous on the ground than Lockie, but neither of them scare me through the air right now.

I'm not so sure Adams will/should play. I read somewhere that he has sickle cell.

He does. That is a good point. Very difficult for guys with sickle cell to play successfully at this altitude. The weather may help him out though. It won't be hot.

He does. That is a good point. Very difficult for guys with sickle cell to play successfully at this altitude. The weather may help him out though. It won't be hot.
Ryan Clark of the Steelers had to sit out games when they played the Broncos because of this. If VA has Sickle Cell, he should probably be kept on the sidelines. It could be life threatening.

Ryan Clark of the Steelers had to sit out games when they played the Broncos because of this. If VA has Sickle Cell, he should probably be kept on the sidelines. It could be life threatening.

Can cause all kinds of issues at altitude. First would be severe and rapid cramping. Next would be spleen issues. Not good.

UMass tested all their players and left two at home because they had it.

If they have been splitting reps with the 1's this week between the two QB's and VA is a no go once they actually get him up to this altitude, things could get really one dimensional for the ducks on offense.

Adams played against teams in Montana, Idaho and Utah while he was at EWU. He's played at altitude plenty and so I don't think that will keep him from playing. He may not play but it won't be because he has any issues with altitude.

Adams played against teams in Montana, Idaho and Utah while he was at EWU. He's played at altitude plenty and so I don't think that will keep him from playing. He may not play but it won't be because he has any issues with altitude.

Oregon approx 400ft

Southern Utah 5846ft (Vernon Adams did not play)
Weber State approx 4300ft
Idaho approx 2600ft
Montana approx 3200 ft
Montana State approx 4900 ft
Idaho State approx 2700ft

Folsom Field 5440ft

I'm sure Mac will have us well prepared and ready to play from the opening kickoff.

Back