What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU RPI Watch 2016-17

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Updated through Tuesday, February 14th games.

I'll be using LiveRPI this year for the updates: http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

I'll also only be posting the D1 records for each team (which is different than the overall record you'll see at ESPN). If a team has 2 wins against D2 teams, that's irrelevant for our purposes in this thread.

As a refresher, here is how RPI is calculated on 3 Factors:

Factor I is the team's Division I winning percentage and is 25 percent of the RPI. Games against non-Division I opponents are not included in the normal RPI. For the men, beginning in 2004-05, and for the women, beginning in 2011-12, home wins are weighted 0.6, neutral wins 1.0, and road wins count 1.4, and road losses are 0.6, neutral losses 1.0, and home losses 1.4.
Factor II is the team's opponents' Division I winning percentage, or the team's schedule strength, excluding results against the team in question. It is 50 percent of the RPI.
Factor III is the team's opponents' opponents' Division I winning percentage, or the team's opponents' strength of schedule, excluding results against the team in question. Factor III is 25 percent of the RPI.

Opponent
Current RPI
Sacramento State (11-17)HomeWin297
Seattle (10-17)HomeWin286
LA-Monroe (7-23)HomeWin283
Notre Dame (23-8)NeutralLoss26
Texas (11-22)NeutralWin147
Wofford (13-17)HomeWin189
CSU (19-10)HomeLoss70
Portland (9-22)AwayWin232
Xavier (21-12)HomeWin37
BYU (22-11)AwayLoss66
Fort Hays State (n/a)HomeWinn/a
Air Force (10-20)AwayWin246
E Washington (19-10)HomeWin145
Utah (18-11)AwayLoss79
Arizona State (15-17)AwayLoss130
Arizona (27-4)AwayLoss9
UCLA (28-3)HomeLoss15
USC (23-8)HomeLoss41
Washington (9-22)AwayLoss202
Washington State (12-18)AwayLoss148
Oregon State (4-27)HomeWin273
Oregon (26-4)HomeWin8
Stanford (13-17)AwayWin94
Cal (21-11)AwayLoss55
Washington (9-22)HomeWin202
Washington State (12-18)HomeWin148
Oregon State (4-27)AwayWin273
Oregon (26-4)AwayLoss8
Utah (18-11)HomeLoss79
Stanford (13-17)HomeWin94
Cal (21-11)HomeWin55
P12T - WSU (12-18)NeutralWin147
P12T - UA ()Neutral
Pac-12 TourneyNeutral
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1-0 vs D2
Colorado current RPI (18-13): 98

Team Sheet Summary (NCAA Tourney Selection)
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 9.12.07 AM.png
Link: https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats Library/March 5 Team Sheets.pdf

Last edited:
Looking at the Non-Con schedule: Xavier is the only home game I'm worried about, should win the others. While I think they should beat Portland on the road, that game will make me very uncomfortable until they do. BYU as well if they lose and their RPI goes above 100 by Selection Day.

CSU is gonna tank without Clavell. No hope there. They're losing big to NM St early in front of like 1k fans in their home opener

CSU is gonna tank without Clavell. No hope there. They're losing big to NM St early in front of like 1k fans in their home opener

Wow. Tad's going to need to re-evaluate that local rivalry and how much it does for CU's RPI. Can't count on them any more to help SOS. Maybe we can take a break from that series and mix in a series with New Mexico or something.

UDub is gonna piss me off this year. Because they're going to be bad, but they'll still upset 2-3 teams and cause chaos instead of just sucking like they're supposed to suck.

UDub is gonna piss me off this year. Because they're going to be bad, but they'll still upset 2-3 teams and cause chaos instead of just sucking like they're supposed to suck.

I was thinking the same thing. Not that a loss to Yale is a "bad" loss or anything, but they are the type of team that will come into conference play with a disappointing record and then the freshmen will get it together some nights and mess things up. I guess as long as they don't catch CU napping I don't really much care.

Pac-12 is 16-1 now.

Monday 11-14 games we care about:

Colorado (1-0) vs Seattle (1-0)
Buffalo (1-0) at Xavier (1-0)... tricky one for Xavier. Buffalo made the Dance last year and gave Miami some trouble.
LA-Monroe (1-0) at Texas (1-0)... not much difference for CU here, but LA-Monroe is on track for Top 100 RPI with win and we know UT will be there
E Washington (1-0) at Northwestern (1-0)... not much difference for CU here either, but EWU probably a bit better for us.
Jacksonville (1-0) at Air Force (1-0)... go Zoomies
Princeton (0-0) at BYU (0-0)... go Cougs

Better do better OOC as a conference than we have many years. Brooklyn, Xavier, BYU and yes, CSU are our lynchpins for a seed boost

UDub every year lately. Remember they pushed top 10 OOC last season

cat%20-%20i%20love%20this%20thread%20so%20much-2.jpg

AFA, BYU, UT, N'western and COLORADO all won yesterday.

Tuesday, 11-15, games we care about:

Oregon at Baylor... **** bailer!
CSU Bakersfield at Arizona... Bear Down!
CS Northridge at Stanford... Go Cardinal!
Portland at San Jose State... Go Portland!

There are also several teams from our schedule playing meaningless D2 games.

This is a great thread. Keeping tracks of CU opponents and their impact on the almighty RPI. Latest bracketology has Buffs as first 4 out but that is moving in right direction.

Xavier wins another close one with a 1 point win in OT over a bad Mizzou team (last in SEC last year and picked last again preseason). Not playing like a top ten team yet. Play Clemson tomorrow in second round of Tire Pros Invitational. ASU plays N. Iowa in 1st round game on other side of bracket later today.

Xavier / Clemson on ESPNU right now, might be about 780 people in the stands for the "Tire Pros Invite"
Less important for the RPI, but the higher Xavier's ranking goes in the polls, the better for us.

JP Macura having a monster game for Xavier, 21 points in the first 17 minutes of the game. just added 7 points, a steal 2 boards in the last 90 seconds

Back