What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU RPI Watch 2016-17

(n)CSU(n)

Had control of the game and gave up a late lead to lose by 1 at Boise State.

(y)Portland(y)

After that win to close the games out, we have a very good day that was so close to being ridiculous (2 overtime losses & CSU losing on a buzzer beater 3).

Still, Buffs are up to #59 in the RPI and our non-conference SOS has improved to #87. Well positioned for the Dance if we do well in Pac-12 play.

Re-set for gameday:

Buffs enter Pac-12 play with #59 RPI.

Sunday, 1/1, games we care about:

COLORADO at Utah, 4:30pm, ESPNU
#18 Arizona at Stanford, 6pm, PACN
Washington State at Washington, 6:30pm, ESPNU
Arizona State at Cal, 8pm, PACN

Updating RPIs in the OP right now.

Rumors that three CSU basketball players are now academically ineligible. That's gonna make the loss even worse.

3 guys from their rotation, two in top Six. In fact, rumors swirl how they even got past NCAA QUAL.
My own kid was a student athlete at CSU, so some insight here. Went on to Med school but saw plenty.

I can only imagine which grad assistant decided to not do the work for the players halfway through the semester.

3 guys from their rotation, two in top Six. In fact, rumors swirl how they even got past NCAA QUAL.
My own kid was a student athlete at CSU, so some insight here. Went on to Med school but saw plenty.

I can only imagine which grad assistant decided to not do the work for the players halfway through the semester.

Maybe the NCAA will vacate their wins and our rpi will go up:ROFLMAO:

Be nice if those guys could've gotten themselves ineligible before the fall semester. It's a disgrace that Eustachy stays around with that record of graduating players and there will be huge recruiting holes left in the program when he leaves.

Today's games we care about:

COLORADO at # Arizona, 7:15pm, PACN
St. John's at #16 Xavier... win
Clemson at #23 Notre Dame... win
Air Force at CSU... CSU win (probably better for us)
Oregon State at Washington... UW win (wash for us)
Montana at E Washington... loss
Wofford at Samford got postponed (one of the toughest games left on Wofford's schedule)
Utah at Arizona State, in progress on PACN
#15 Oregon at Washington State, 5pm on PACN
LA Monroe
at UL Lafayette, 6:15pm
Pacific at BYU, 7pm
#5 Gonzaga at Portland, 8pm
Seattle at CSU Bakersfield, 8pm
Sacramento State at Portland State, 8:05pm

I was so so so so so so so SO wrong about OSU. I know they've had injury issues but holy ****.

Haven't updated this thread in a while, not sure if it's even worth it but:

CU (12-2) vs Stanford (11-10)

Wofford (9-13) tied in the first half vs the Citadel (9-14)
Sacramento St (7-12) vs Eastern Washington (14-8) later tonight
Portland (9-13) vs Santa Clara (12-11)
#1 Gonzaga (22-0) vs BYU (17-6) later tonight
#5 Arizona (20-2) vs OSU (4-18) later tonight
Utah (15-6) vs Cal (15-6) later tonight
ASU (10-12) vs #13 Oregon (19-3) later tonight

Haven't updated this thread in a while, not sure if it's even worth it but:
Probably because we are 113th in RPI (ouch...)

Here are the teams remaining on our schedule:
Stanford x2: 61
Cal x2: 47
UW: 189
WSU: 141
OU: 11
OSU: 296
Utah: 75

I just don't see RPI mattering at this point, BUT, there is always the Pac 12 tourney...

Probably because we are 113th in RPI (ouch...)

Here are the teams remaining on our schedule:
Stanford x2: 61
Cal x2: 47
UW: 189
WSU: 141
OU: 11
OSU: 296
Utah: 75

I just don't see RPI mattering at this point, BUT, there is always the Pac 12 tourney...
Yeah, I'm starting to think that whether Wofford wins or loses doesn't mean that much...

Announcer on utah/cal game said that Utah's RPI dropped 12 points after they beat Oregon State. Said it twice How can that be?

RPI is ****ing stupid.

Or this. You're penalized for playing sub 200 teams. Usually not a problem in conference. I prefer my answer.

Margin of victory is not in RPI. Only measures wins, your wins, your opponent's wins, and your opponent's oppenent's wins, with adjustments for home and road. If you play a ****ty team, RPI goes down.

I updated the OP through February 10th games.

Here's the current CU Team Sheet that the NCAA Selection Committee will use:
Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.19.31 AM.png

Of Note:
Record is really bad against certain groups and we really need some opponents to move up in categories.
Currently, CU has a non-winning record against Top 50 (2-5), 51-100 (1-1) and 101-200 (4-5).
BYU, CSU and Texas into the Top 100 and Portland into the Top 200 would seriously improve the resume.
This isn't even an NIT team right now.

The good news:
Opportunity to change everything by winning these final 6 games.
Washington State tomorrow would get the record against 101-200 to .500. Still bad, but at least not a losing record.
Stanford and Utah rematches at home would get the record against 51-100 to 3-1. That's really good.
Cal at home and Oregon on the road would get the record against 1-50 to 4-5. That's also really good.
Sweep would also push CU's conference record to 10-8, which would be very Dance-worthy.

Where CU can probably slip up:
Oregon on the road. 3-6 against Top 50, 9-9 in Pac-12 and they're ranked so high that losing on the road probably even helps RPI.
If we lose to Oregon, I don't think we can lose any other games and still Dance. If we beat Oregon, we could probably afford to slip up and still have a shot, but it would be a very tough path.
Absolutely must beat Washington State tomorrow and beat Oregon State on the road Thursday.

Pac-12 Tourney:
Our best case is probably to be the 7-seed or 8-seed. Ideally, we want Stanford in the 8-9 game opener (with a win) and then take our shot at Arizona where a neutral loss wouldn't hurt, probably help, and a win would cement a very strong tourney resume.

Summary:
Hope is still alive and CU controls its destiny to make the NCAA Tourney even without winning the Pac-12 Tournament.
It will take one hell of a finish, though.
Any help from teams ahead of us in RPI losing and our non-conference opponents notching wins the rest of the way is absolutely huge for the Buffs.

Saturday, February 10th, games we care about:

#2 Villanova at #24 Xavier, 12:30 MT, FOX -- Xavier's our best non-conference win. This would be huge.
Texas (10-14) at Oklahoma State (15-9), 2pm MT, ESPN2 -- Would get UT close to Top 100. Big opportunity to improve CU's resume.
Portland (9-16) at Loyola Marymount (11-13), 2pm MT -- Might get Portland into Top 200 and make that non-con road win look much better.
Eastern Washington (16-9) at Northern Colorado (8-15), 2pm -- Keep EWU in Top 150 & road win inches them closer to Top 100.
Fresno State (14-10) at Colorado State (16-9), 2pm -- CSU can get real close to Top 100 with a win & help the CU resume.
Washington (9-15) at Utah (16-8), 2:30, FS1 -- played both twice, so the only thing here is we want Utah to be Top 100 for future resume.
South Alabama (11-12) at LA-Monroe (7-17), 3pm -- winnnable home game that would give a small SOS & RPI bump.
Air Force (10-14) at Boise State (15-7), 4pm -- upset would push AFA back near Top 200 and give a very nice bump to resume.
Chattanooga (17-7) at Wofford (13-13), 5pm -- sneakily, one of the biggest games of the day for us. Chattanoogo is RPI 85, so a Wofford win not only gives the SOS & RPI bumps while pushing them toward Top 150, it also likely drops Chattanooga behind the Buffs in RPI.
Stanford (12-12) at Arizona State (11-14), 6pm, PACN -- We play Furd twice, want them in Top 100, and want ASU behind us in Pac-12 standings.
Seattle (12-11) at UMKC (13-13), 6pm -- SOS & RPI bump, plus keep Seattle on the right side of the RPI 300 line.
Cal (18-6) at #9 Arizona (22-3), 8pm, ESPN2 -- we play Cal twice and get to take our shot at them at home in a couple weeks.
Idaho State (5-18) at Sacramento State (8-14), 8:05 -- any win is a good one & can get Sac State on good side of RPI 300 line.
#5 Oregon (21-4) at USC (21-4), 8:05, PACN -- play Oregon twice, get another shot at them, and it is our best win right now.
BYU (17-9) at San Francisco (18-8), 9pm -- HUGE GAME. Win moves BYU into Top 100 and likely drops SF (RPI 94) behind CU.

Mixed bag so far today.

LOST:
Xavier
Texas
Portland
LA Monroe

WON:
E Washington
CSU
Utah

IN PROGRESS:
Notre Dame up 10+ on FSU with 10 minutes & change left
AFA down by 1 at Boise State with about 8 minutes left
Wofford and Chattanooga about even midway thru first half

Notre Dame won.
AFA and Wofford lost.

In progress:
Stanford's got a small lead at ASU about 5 minutes into the 2nd half.
Seattle down about 15 points at the first 2nd half media break.

LA Monroe gonna LA Monroe.

Gave up a 4 point lead with under 2 minutes to play in OT at home.

FURK!!!

Tuesday, February 14th, games we care about:

#25 Notre Dame at Boston College, 5pm, ESPNU... Irish can give another bump to the resume. #26 RPI, so could move them into Top 25.
Texas at Oklahoma, 7pm, ESPN2... Texas sucks, but so does Oklahoma. RPI 142, so a road win & a bit more could make that a Top 100 win for the Buffs.
CSU at Wyoming, 7pm... I know. I know. But with CSU at RPI 108 this could really help the resume by eliminating a "bad loss".

Wednesday, Feb 15th, games we directly care about:

Xavier at Providence, 4:30, FS1... Friars are favored by 5. Would be huge. Not only the bump from Xavier, but knocking back #68 RPI Providence while taking their conference record down to 5-9.

Wofford at UNC Greensboro, 5pm... Wofford's a 3 pt dog at the RPI 121. Would be a very nice bump for the resume.

Nevada at Air Force, 7pm... Zoomies can be tough at home. Taking down RPI 46 Nevada would be big time for us.

Xavier and Wofford did us no favors tonight.

Air Force is our only hope to avoid a disaster Wednesday.

Back