What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Season Prediction Thread

CSU: W
Sac. W
Fresno State: L
Wazzu: L
UCLA: W
Arizona State: W
USC: L
Oregon: L
Stanford: L
Arizona: W
Washington: L
Utah: 19-17 W

Overall: 6-6 - BOWL GAME!

Offense
Surprise: Jordan Webb will tear it up leaving all those yearning for Wood with their dicks in their hands
Disappointment: P-Rich either does not come back or attempts to and gets seriously injured again
Bold prediction: Nick Kasa becomes a late round NFL draft pick at TE

Defense
Surprise: Tupou becomes a Beast by mid-season and gains mentions for defensive freshman/rookie of year
Disappointment: Defense as a whole still not fast enough to keep pace with much of Pac-12
Bold prediction: Buffs force more turnovers than they give up

And can I just say "**** you Hawkins" for not only beating down the confidence of the team, but beating down the confidence of the fans do much that we cannot even enjoy the possibilities if having a decent season. Personally I think we win seven this year, and with a possible upset, maybe eight. Bowl game.....so possible eight or nine wins for the season.

Wins....CSU, Sac. St., Fresno, Wazzou, Utah, I think we split UCLA/Stanford, and split ASU/AU. Although we can certainly lose the first two split games, and win both of the last two split games. Winning at Fresno is key IMO. Win on the road again, and much more confidence at Wazzou. Plus payback for last year. Go 4-0, and only UO and USC seem complete no-hopers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
+1 for all points.

Overall Season Record: 8-4

CSU: 34-10 W
Sac St: 38-10 W
@Fresno: 24-20 W
@Wazzou: 21-20 W
UCLA: 27-17 W
ASU: 28-17 W
@USC: 13-56 L
@Oregon: 14-57 L
Stanford: 20-34 L
@Arizona: 30-17 W
Washington: 20-37 L
Utah: 17-10 W

Hey, a guy can dream.

Overall Season Record: 8-4

CSU: 34-10 W
Sac St: 38-10 W
@Fresno: 24-20 W
@Wazzou: 21-20 W
UCLA: 27-17 W
ASU: 28-17 W
@USC: 13-56 L
@Oregon: 14-57 L
Stanford: 20-34 L
@Arizona: 30-17 W
Washington: 20-37 L
Utah: 17-10 W

Hey, a guy can dream.
If things work out perfectly this could happen. This schedule has much more winnable games than last year.

Overall Season Record: 4-8

CSU: W
Sac St: W
@Fresno: L
@Wazzou: L
UCLA: L
ASU: W
@USC: L
@Oregon: L
Stanford: L
@Arizona: W
Washington: L
Utah: L

Offense
Most Surprising Player: Nick Kasa
Most Disappointing Player: WR core - completely ineffective
Bold Prediction: Kennedy's performance as a WR coach questioned. Embree moves him to Recruiting coordinator replacing Hagan who goes on a Mormon Mission. Hires a former Buff, Cedrick Cormier.

Defense
Most Surprising Player: Hall
Most Disappointing Player: Polk
Bold Prediction: Vulnerable to the running game. Brown takes lots of chances with stunts and blitzes and we get burned just enough every game to pay, pay, pay.

Other
  • Expect to see the youngsters even more after getting wrecked by USC and the murderer's row we face.
  • Certain NJ man known as Don Bosco promoter, caught while wandering thru Buff showers during UW game, wearing nothing but one of the Joyzey Boyz' mink-lined jock straps, by Coach Blacken.
  • Everyone on here realizes that after factoring in inevitable injuries, that Buffs were way too youthful and inexperienced, and just lacking depth thanks to weak upper classes to possibly have ever competed for a bowl berth. Four wins sounds good in hindsight, and we all start drinking the 2013 kool-aid early, while supporting men's basketball.

Last edited:
CSU: 31-14 W
Sac. St: 42-14 W
Fresno State: 21-23 L
Wazzu: 28-21 W
UCLA: 20-38 L
Arizona State: 21-17 W
USC: 17-38 L
Oregon: 14-55 L
Stanford: 17-28 L
Arizona: 24-21 W
Washington: 20-41 L
Utah: 19-17 W

Overall: 6-6

Offense
Surprise: Donta Abron
Disappointment: Tony Jones
Bold prediction: Christian Powell will be the second leading rusher on the team

Defense
Surprise: Greg Henderson (will be in the mix for all-conference honors)
Disappointment: Juda Parker
Bold prediction: Uzo-Diribe will finish top five in the conference in sacks

Marshall and Scherer will jump back to the NFL while Brookhart will be forced out.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, just swap Wazzu and UCLA

Hope
Likely
CSU
W
W
Sac St
W
W
Fresno
W
L
Wazzu
W
W
UCLA
W
L
ASU
W
W
USC
L
L
Oregon
L
L
Stanford
L
L
Zona
W
W
Washington
W
L
Utah
W
W

That's right - it's feasible that we could overachieve this year and get to 9 wins. Meanwhile, back in the real world, I'm expecting 5 or 6 wins; 7 would be a hell of an accomplishment for these players/coaches.

You hope we lose to USC, Oregon and Stanford?

damn BB, picking the Utah win. Brave soul. We go 6 and 6 and I am gonna miss Scherer.

Utah is not that great, and I think they are once again vastly overrated. Colorado has historiclly played well on Senior day (only two losses when not plying Nebraska). Like last year the schedule will wear the Utes down. We beat them last year, we can beat them again. Picking a win at home against a MWC team is not that bold.

I think a lot of posters underestimate Wazzu. Reports coming out of Pullman are saying that Leach's offensive system has been transitioning well since he arrived.

I think a lot of posters underestimate Wazzu. Reports coming out of Pullman are saying that Leach's offensive system has been transitioning well since he arrived.
But they don't play any defense (Leach doesn't care and has admitted it) and their special teams suck. Control the clock with the run game and win the field position battle and we win.

But they don't play any defense (Leach doesn't care and has admitted it) and their special teams suck. Control the clock with the run game and win the field position battle and we win.

Do they still have those good WRs from last year?

I wanted to do this earlier today, but was too tired and went to bed. 5 of our 12 opponents this year had winning seasons last year. 6 of the 12 have 1st year headcoaches.

Our opponents records last year/HC experience/our last meeting

CSU: 3-9/1st year/W 28-14 '11
Sacramento St: 4-7/?/1st meeting
@ Fresno St: 4-9/1st year/L 22-24 '01
@ Washington St: 4-8/1st year/L 27-31 '11
UCLA: 6-8/1st year/L 6-45 '11
Arizona St: 6-7/1st year/L 14-48 '11
@USC: 10-2/3rd year/L 17-42 '11
@ Oregon: 12-2/4th year/L 2-45 '11
Stanford: 11-2/2nd year/L 7-48 '11
@ Arizona: 4-8/1st year/ W 48-29 '11
Washington: 7-6/4th year/ L 24-52 '11
Utah: 8-5/8th year/ W 17-14 '11

Last edited:
Overall Season Record: 5-7

CSU: 27-17 W
Sac St: 35-14 W
@Fresno: 28-27 W
@Wazzou: 23-42 L
UCLA: 17-20 L
ASU: 28-14 W
@USC: 7-56 L
@Oregon: 10-57 L
Stanford: 13-35 L
@Arizona: 35-17 W
Washington: 13-48 L
Utah: 28-31 L

Offense
Most Surprising Player: Nelson Spruce
Most Disappointing Player: Kasa
Bold Prediction: Abron finishes the year as the #1 RB

Defense
Most Surprising Player: Mosley
Most Disappointing Player: Polk
Bold Prediction: Defense flashes good things, but gives up too many big plays.

Other

Scherer leaves after the season to return to the NFL.
Marshall mutually parts ways.

Overall Season Record: 6-6

CSU: W 28-13
Sac St: W 38-7
@Fresno: W 21-20
@Wazzou: L 20-27
UCLA: L 31-34 (OT)
ASU: W 35-14
@USC: L 17-31
@Oregon: L 10-38
Stanford: L 20-24
@Arizona: W 24-13
Washington: W 21-20
Utah: L 17-20

Offense
Most Surprising Player: Jordan Webb
Bold Prediction: WRs play better than expected without PRich. Nelson Spruce earns all Pac-12 honors.

Defense
Most Surprising Player: Juda Parker
Bold Prediction: CU's strong D-line play, experienced linebacker corps, and improved secondary help to keep the Buffs in games against the Pac-12's most potent offenses.

Other
All-Americans: none
All-conference: Spruce, Bakhtiari, Harris, Pericak, Rippy, Major, Polk, Henderson, Oliver
CU plays in the New Mexico Bowl against Air Force and wins to finish 7-6.
Despite only signing 19, CU pulls in a top 20 recruiting class in February.

Overall season record: 6-6

CSU: 20-0 W
Sac State: 27-3 W
@Fresno: 14-10 W
@Wash state: 21-35 L
UCLA: 20-28 L
ASU: 30-20 W
@USC: 10-38 L
@Oregon: 6 - 49 L
Stanford: 21-23 L
@Arizona: 14-20 L
Washington: 24-20 W
Utah: 14-10 W

Offense:
Most surprising player: Jack Harris
Most disappointing player: Nelson Spruce
Bold Prediction: 3 OL make all PAC12, we average 190+ rushing yards / game.

Defense:
Most surprising player: Kenneth Crawley
Most disappointing player: Josh Tupou (wears down come conference play)
Bold Prediction: Nate Bonsu doesn't miss a game all year. Polk gets over 5 personal foul penalties this year.

Looks like a few of you aren't high on Tony Jones. I expect him to have a strong year. I just hope the passing game is halfway decent.

CSU: 21 - 17 W
Sac St: 27 -17 W
@Fresno: 10 - 24 L
@Wazzou: 14 - 17 L
UCLA: 13 -31 L
ASU: 3 - 24 L
@USC: 10 - 45 L
@Oregon: 7 - 35 L
Stanford: 17-31 L
@Arizona: 10 - 21 L
Washington: 3 - 24 L
Utah: 7 - 17 L

2 - 10 with a crap recruiting class and Embree and co are scrambling.

We have a front-runner right here. buffaholic in a close second. Although my player/coach predictions are pretty accurate thus far. It's funny to see everyone's expectations now

We have a front-runner right here. buffaholic in a close second. Although my player/coach predictions are pretty accurate thus far. It's funny to see everyone's expectations now

The saddest part is that while I predicted lots of losses that weren't particularly close, the margin of defeat has been about twice what I thought it would be.

So Daah was the most pessimistic by a mile, but even he wasn't close. This can't all be blamed on koolaid.

I am the one that kept saying we would beat fres st. and was hammering all of you for saying it's a loss....boy do I feel really dumb!!

Some of you guys had good predictions. Mosley got some love, Abron was the starting running back by the end, discontent concerning coordinators.

I once again proved I can't predict anything.

Overall season record: 6-6
Offense:
Most surprising player: Jack Harris
Most disappointing player: Nelson Spruce
Bold Prediction: 3 OL make all PAC12, we average 190+ rushing yards / game.

Defense:
Most surprising player: Kenneth Crawley
Most disappointing player: Josh Tupou (wears down come conference play)
Bold Prediction: Nate Bonsu doesn't miss a game all year. Polk gets over 5 personal foul penalties this year.

Lol to me.

Back